Page 3 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,367
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Mar 2017, 10:50 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Hillary Clinton directly blamed Comey for throwing the election.

I remember thinking when Comey announced yet another Clinton investigation right before Nov 8th, "That's it, Clinton's campaign is toast".

But somhow all that's been swept under the rug in favor of a phishing scam supposedly delivered by Putin aka Satan, throwing the election, being investigated by Comey - the man who actually won the election for Trump. Weird.

Missed this earlier, but I agree. Weird. I can't figure Comey out.


Comey is an enigmatic figure, I think it's clear whatever his endgame is that he isn't exactly being forthright and that there is A LOT of information we're not hearing. Comey has been met on numerous occasions senators and congress in private, the reports you see about the reaction to those private meetings makes it seem like something big is about to go down and that Democrats and Republicans are not happy about it. It's clear that the corruption is present in both parties. I don't trust Comey, I think he is the reason there wasn't a proper investigation into the Clinton's and that his hand was forced people at the FBI who were unwilling to whitewash their crimes. Remember Anthony Weiner's labtop that the NYPD was in possession of originally before being forced to turn it over to the FBI, the NYPD knows the truth of how sick these people are. There is a battle going on right now behind the scenes for control of the government, the deep state will not relinquish its grasp on power and part of the reason for that is their own survival because the gravity of the crimes they know they committed. These people take 'draining the swamp' as a direct threat to them, like the roaches they are they scurry from the light.



NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 201
Location: Daydream

21 Mar 2017, 11:55 am

Not that I'm sure I believe it, but just putting the idea out there. What if Comey's confusing actions are the result of him being an honest individual? I don't particularly care for him after the fiasco with Apple but something to think about.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,066
Location: Twin Peaks

21 Mar 2017, 1:01 pm

NotThatClever13 wrote:
Not that I'm sure I believe it, but just putting the idea out there. What if Comey's confusing actions are the result of him being an honest individual? I don't particularly care for him after the fiasco with Apple but something to think about.


Honest or not, if any one person is to be directly blamed for Clinton losing the election, it's James Comey. It's like Putin is a scapegoat - plus implicating Putin harms Trump in the process.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

21 Mar 2017, 1:35 pm

EzraS wrote:
NotThatClever13 wrote:
Not that I'm sure I believe it, but just putting the idea out there. What if Comey's confusing actions are the result of him being an honest individual? I don't particularly care for him after the fiasco with Apple but something to think about.


Honest or not, if any one person is to be directly blamed for Clinton losing the election, it's James Comey. It's like Putin is a scapegoat - plus implicating Putin harms Trump in the process.


The three major factors that went into this outcome are Comey's letter, Russia's meddling, and Republican voter suppression. There were of course other reasons such as the media giving Trump billions of dollars in free media while hounding Clinton over Republican witch hunts. All in all it was a confluence of factors but the first three are why I along with many others do not see this President as legitimate.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 64,701
Location: Queens, NYC

21 Mar 2017, 1:42 pm

There are times when I wish Trump would just go away. I feel depressed when I think about him and his reactionary traits. His "alternative facts" and "fake news."

The guy just annoys me.

Nobody's really a bargain, if you ask me.

I think it's a tossup as to whether he'll be bought up on charges; it might be more likely for his cronies to be bought up on charges.

Even though the Eisenhower years were a time of conformity, I sense they were a time of unbridled optimism, too--except, of course, for the nuclear threat. Eisenhower was strongly against McCarthyite tendencies.

And he was strongly against "Industrial-Military" complex, even though he was a career military man. He had many virtuous traits.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,992
Location: Long Island, New York

21 Mar 2017, 5:42 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
NotThatClever13 wrote:
Not that I'm sure I believe it, but just putting the idea out there. What if Comey's confusing actions are the result of him being an honest individual? I don't particularly care for him after the fiasco with Apple but something to think about.


Honest or not, if any one person is to be directly blamed for Clinton losing the election, it's James Comey. It's like Putin is a scapegoat - plus implicating Putin harms Trump in the process.


The three major factors that went into this outcome are Comey's letter, Russia's meddling, and Republican voter suppression. There were of course other reasons such as the media giving Trump billions of dollars in free media while hounding Clinton over Republican witch hunts. All in all it was a confluence of factors but the first three are why I along with many others do not see this President as legitimate.


There are a lot of factors that go into an election result but if I were to pick three.

1. Pissed off voters who had a right to be pissed off in the right states who voted for Trump because they liked his attitude and message or they did not like him but wanted to take a chance on somebody to be equivalent of a guy swinging a hammer in a glass room

2. Hillary Clinton

3. Trump unlike anybody else being able to identify and market himself to the voters described in reason 1

At most the Russian interference exploited the existing situation.

If Trump is found in collusion with Russia he will not be removed because of a combination of these factors

1. The Republicans are for the most part getting the policies they want and are going to get the Supreme court nominees they want.

2. Most Republicans that vote to remove Trump will face harassment or worse and a primary challenge. His supporters are by far the most loyal out there and they are arguably up to 40 percent of the electorate. While his support is the lowest all time for a new president it has not gone down in any appreciable way since the inauguration despite continuing pronouncements that this time he is really in trouble.


_________________
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman


NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 201
Location: Daydream

21 Mar 2017, 9:52 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
NotThatClever13 wrote:
Not that I'm sure I believe it, but just putting the idea out there. What if Comey's confusing actions are the result of him being an honest individual? I don't particularly care for him after the fiasco with Apple but something to think about.


Honest or not, if any one person is to be directly blamed for Clinton losing the election, it's James Comey. It's like Putin is a scapegoat - plus implicating Putin harms Trump in the process.


The three major factors that went into this outcome are Comey's letter, Russia's meddling, and Republican voter suppression. There were of course other reasons such as the media giving Trump billions of dollars in free media while hounding Clinton over Republican witch hunts. All in all it was a confluence of factors but the first three are why I along with many others do not see this President as legitimate.


There are a lot of factors that go into an election result but if I were to pick three.

1. Pissed off voters who had a right to be pissed off in the right states who voted for Trump because they liked his attitude and message or they did not like him but wanted to take a chance on somebody to be equivalent of a guy swinging a hammer in a glass room

2. Hillary Clinton

3. Trump unlike anybody else being able to identify and market himself to the voters described in reason 1

At most the Russian interference exploited the existing situation.

If Trump is found in collusion with Russia he will not be removed because of a combination of these factors

1. The Republicans are for the most part getting the policies they want and are going to get the Supreme court nominees they want.

2. Most Republicans that vote to remove Trump will face harassment or worse and a primary challenge. His supporters are by far the most loyal out there and they are arguably up to 40 percent of the electorate. While his support is the lowest all time for a new president it has not gone down in any appreciable way since the inauguration despite continuing pronouncements that this time he is really in trouble.


I have to agree with the reasons given for Trump winning. I also have to agree that this thing with accusing Russia of interfering with the election needs to stop. The media should give us some concrete evidence or stop. It only damages their credibility and makes Trump appear to be correct.



Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

21 Mar 2017, 10:02 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Chronos wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Among the bombshells overnight that have left Trump’s White House scrambling for answers are the allegations his campaign staff colluded with the Russian government to win the November election...

I can't really envision what type of collusion with the Russians could have tipped the voters in Trump's favor.

If this happened, it wouldn't've been about tipping the voters, it would've been about tipping the VOTES----as in, hacking the machines, or something.

No. They were specific during the hearings that they have investigated altered votes, and have found none in a long list of key states. The assertion that they used propaganda has the support of loads of evidence.

The problem for DJT is that they always had their spin ready within seconds of leaks. Sometimes, they appear to have jumped the gun a little. That's formally called guilty knowledge. The timing of their responses indicates some level of coordination with the Russian hacks.


It's actually difficult to influence the populous in one intended direction or the other. If you sat down with average Joe and Jane American and really delved into why they voted as they did, you would probably find it had very little to do with what was in the media, particularly for Trump voters.



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,280
Location: The end of the northwest passage

21 Mar 2017, 10:16 pm

Tax returns


_________________
"I find that the best way [to increase self-confidence] is to lie to yourself about who you are, what you've done, and where you're going." - Richard Ayoade


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,367
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Mar 2017, 10:19 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Tax returns


I thought we already did that, do we need another year of(illegally obtained) tax returns to show that Trump paid a higher rate than Hillary, Obama, and Bernie Sanders?



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,280
Location: The end of the northwest passage

21 Mar 2017, 10:21 pm

That was nothing, probably leaked by DJT himself. Two pages that show none of the corporate connections? C'mon.


_________________
"I find that the best way [to increase self-confidence] is to lie to yourself about who you are, what you've done, and where you're going." - Richard Ayoade


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,066
Location: Twin Peaks

21 Mar 2017, 10:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are times when I wish Trump would just go away. I feel depressed when I think about him and his reactionary traits. His "alternative facts"


Trump never said "alternative facts". Conway did as a flub. But that's how these things work. The public becomes convinced that Trump introduced "alternative facts" as a new policy.

It's funny how Conway's one time flub, seems to get repeated by the public more often than anything Trump himself either said or tweeted.



justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,718
Location: Washington, D.C.

21 Mar 2017, 10:26 pm

I don't see anything positive in Trump. I don't understand why people like him.


_________________
Impermanence.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,066
Location: Twin Peaks

21 Mar 2017, 10:30 pm

The most plausible reasons I have heard for Clinton losing the election were.

She was basically coming off as Obama's protege, which basically meant 4 more years of Obama.

Her campaign strategy was basically "I'm not Donald Trump" and "There needs to be a first woman president".

She didn't visit enough key States.

Her potential health problems.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,367
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Mar 2017, 10:33 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
That was nothing, probably leaked by DJT himself. Two pages that show none of the corporate connections? C'mon.


hahaha come on, Rachel Maddow made a bigger fool of herself than when Geraldo Rivera opening Al Capone's "vault" and now you're actually blaming Trump? These paranoid conspiracies are really getting out of hand. Tax returns really don't show that much, anything you'd be interested in would be found in the much more extensive financial disclosure. All these attacks on Trump are wishful thinking at this point basically, they blew their wad long ago and these are just desperate attempts to trumpet BS narratives to mislead the public. Like the whole "Russia hacked the election" nonsense, that is purposeful lie that the media hasn't taken time to correct.