US politician: We need to lock people up to achieve UHC

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 1:49 pm

A US conservative politician has said to achieve universal health care we need to throw everyone without coverage and in need of care into jail:

http://www.attn.com/stories/15771/trump ... healthcare

:roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 2:00 pm

That's the thing about Trump: he's bringing the "crazies" out of the woodwork.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 7:11 pm

beneficii wrote:
A US conservative politician has said to achieve universal health care we need to throw everyone without coverage and in need of care into jail:

http://www.attn.com/stories/15771/trump ... healthcare

:roll:

You are misrepresenting Mulvaney. :roll:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 7:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That's the thing about Trump: he's bringing the "crazies" out of the woodwork.

If you're basing your opinion on the misleading statement in the OP, you're not basing your opinion on reality.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 9:32 pm

Why is it that people like Trump, anyway?

I can understand liking conservative policies sometimes---but wouldn't you prefer it if it were administered by someone else?

I agree that we have to stop the outsourcing. But I don't agree with the isolationism and the nationalism. We are a diverse nation, and that's why we are so great. We are a nation of immigrants.

Yes, we have to do something like "extreme vetting." Something like Ellis Island in the old days--though less personally intrusive upon the immigrants.

Just because he "fires" people, and supposedly lights fires under peoples' butts---doesn't mean he's a great leader.

I wish he'd go back to his reality program.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Mar 2017, 10:03 pm

Trump is sure of a hell lot better than Hillary or Jeb or Rubio, if the rats that infested Washington would just leave then things would be going smoother. Trump is the only person capable of doing battle with corrupt media, that's how you win in a rigged system and maybe if Bernie wasn't such a cuck if you will he might of been able to win the DNC nomination too but he was never meant to be a serious candidate and he knew it. Bernie lost the second he said he didn't care about Clinton's emails, he didn't have the cojones to attack Hillary's biggest glaring weakness and then he ends it all by taking all the Bernouts money and endorsing Hillary. Jeb was the designated loser who they were hedging their bets on just like Mitt Romney. Conservatives needed to playing with one hand behind their back, these Alinsky tactics can be applied in reverse.

Anyways, Mulvaney isn't proposing incarcerating people who don't buy health care, he's saying the only way to get universal coverage would be under the penalty of the law for not having it which is what they don't want to do.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 3:57 am

For me liking or disliking Trump has nothing to do with things like objective reasoning. Seeing hyperbole and sensationalism for what it is. Knowing the difference between things like opinions and conjecture compared to evidence and fact.

My actual feelings towards Trump himself are somewhere in the ambivalent to apathetic range. Since I'm not all tied up in the person, I think it's easier for me to weigh out situations for what they are, without my emotions being involved.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:03 am

The Dog was the smartest person in the entire room for this play/skit...

DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Mar 2017, 4:08 pm

So, what Mulvaney is saying is, "Cake or death?!"

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:49 pm

Nowhere in that article, does it say what is in the title of this thread, or the OP.....

What I'd like to know, now, is where is that Mod, NOW, who likes to change Conservatives' titles / posts when they personally believe what has been said, is a lie / purposely misleading, or whatever.....

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:57 pm

He said this (from the OP article):

Quote:
White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney told CBS’s “Face The Nation” on Sunday, “The only way to get truly universal care is to throw people in jail if they don’t have it."

This is consistent with the title of this thread.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:10 pm

beneficii wrote:

Quote:
White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney told CBS’s “Face The Nation” on Sunday, “The only way to get truly universal care is to throw people in jail if they don’t have it."

It's incomplete and taken out of context.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:28 pm

beneficii wrote:

Quote:

Sure, it's consistent with the title of this thread----but it's misleading, because that's not ALL that he said. The part that you conveniently left-off, directly above the quote you just posted, is the rest of his statement: "We are not going to do that".

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Quote:

It's incomplete and taken out of context.

Actually, I think it shows his thinking really well. This is again more paranoia about the government aspect of universal health care, in bringing everyone in. He shows a lack of imagination, because there are ways other than an individual mandate to create universal health care. Other ways are Medicare-for-all and a British-style system. Everyone would simply pay something like a Medicare tax, which people already pay. The tax would be higher to cover the new costs.

I think his statement is a perfect example of much of what is wrong with their thinking about health care.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:32 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Quote:

Sure, it's consistent with the title of this thread----but it's misleading, because that's not ALL that he said. The part that you conveniently left-off, directly above the quote you just posted, is the rest of his statement: "We are not going to do that".

You might think it's important because you buy what he says, but I don't. We all know Trump and his administration aren't going to go to universal health care. We don't need to have it restated.

He is showing his screwed-up thinking and the screwed-up thinking of the rest of the administration about what implementing universal health care would actually entail. Just ask Canadians or Europeans or Japanese about what their health care system is like. Trust me, they generally do not consider it a burden or an imposition.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Mar 2017, 8:47 pm

beneficii wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Quote:

You might think it's important because you buy what he says, but I don't. We all know Trump and his administration aren't going to go to universal health care. We don't need to have it restated.

He is showing his screwed-up thinking and the screwed-up thinking of the rest of the administration about what implementing universal health care would actually entail. Just ask Canadians or Europeans or Japanese about what their health care system is like. Trust me, they generally do not consider it a burden or an imposition.

he's talking about forcing people to buy private insurance