French presidential election goes to runoff

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 5:24 pm

First round, Le Pen and Maceron the 'mackerel'. Second round result and final announced this Sunday 30th April.
I'd like a poll on here by the O.P on who they think will win, my mind is in two halves as are most of France I would think. I have a lot of family scattered around there, so we shall see.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 9:25 am

I am going to stick my neck out (so you can laugh at me in 10 days time :lol: ) but I think Macron will smash Le Pen.

I am going for 65% Macron, wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than that either.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 10:42 am

Biscuitman wrote:
I am going to stick my neck out (so you can laugh at me in 10 days time :lol: ) but I think Macron will smash Le Pen.

I am going for 65% Macron, wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than that either.

I sincerely hope you're right. Then again, we all thought Clinton would smash Trump...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Apr 2017, 12:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
CNN has reported how Putin is planning to sabotage Macron with his army of hacker cutouts, just as he had done in our last Presidential election.

Unless the French government and Macron are secretly planning to rig the French election and get caught then I don't think there is anything to worry about from 'Russian hackers'.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 12:30 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
CNN has reported how Putin is planning to sabotage Macron with his army of hacker cutouts, just as he had done in our last Presidential election.

Unless the French government and Macron are secretly planning to rig the French election and get caught then I don't think there is anything to worry about from 'Russian hackers'.

I dunno about that.

Dear Monzeur Macron,

Your e-mail is in danger! I am Ivan Dimitrikov, security agent for the French Official Email Security Office, and we urgently need you to reset your secret password to protect the French National Infrastructure. Please click on the link below and enter your personal information. Vive la France!

There Are Four Lights!

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 1:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

I sincerely hope you're right. Then again, we all thought Clinton would smash Trump...

I had money on Trump winning 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 4:26 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Word is, Putin has already put hackers, working as cutouts, to derail Macron's campaign. Putin is sympathetic to the white nationalist, La Penn, as she wants to see NATO become a thing of the past, while her supporters are not only Islamophobic, but are also Germanophobic.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 11:12 am

Le Pen's victory is now assured: Macron was just endorsed by Barack Obama, which will surely be the kiss of death. :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 11:42 am

Le Pen is certainly going all out to try and change people's opinion on her not being a fascist

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 12:25 pm

Darmok wrote:
Le Pen's victory is now assured: Macron was just endorsed by Barack Obama, which will surely be the kiss of death. :mrgreen:

Only if France was located in red state America.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 10:47 am

Biscuitman wrote:

:o Mon Dieu! and I've just been to France. I seem to have my dates mixed up with Lent and other primary build ups of dissolving politics. I am betting that Mackerel will be fishslapped hard if he loses, and a Euroscpetic fin will leap from the jaws of Le pen once she flys her national colours from the Palais en Rouge and does a frog march round the Arc de Triumph.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 11:45 am

Macron like Hillary likes to throw out accusations of fearmongering but that's their entire argument against Le Pen and the idea of leaving the EU. The economy will collapse, there will be civil war, it will be the end of democracy, yadayadayada. If the French are not ready for Le Pen then perhaps a few more years of terror with no end in sight will change that.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 12:45 pm

Empathy wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

:o Mon Dieu! and I've just been to France. I seem to have my dates mixed up with Lent and other primary build ups of dissolving politics. I am betting that Mackerel will be fishslapped hard if he loses, and a Euroscpetic fin will leap from the jaws of Le pen once she flys her national colours from the Palais en Rouge and does a frog march round the Arc de Triumph.

I am starting to get nervous now. She has certainly made some good moved over the last 2 weeks trying to appear more down to earth, though the TV debate did her no favours.

I am more worried about my prediction than anything else though :lol:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 1:06 pm

Biscuitman wrote:

First projections just announced as 65.5% for Macron. A very heavy defeat for fascism.

8)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 2:04 pm

So being against globalism and being for self governance is fascism? The fascists are the financiers that wish to rule the entire planet.

Europe is already dead, it's security situation will deteriorate further especially if they continue to import millions of refugees and have open borders. Will France actually just learn to live terrorist attacks as every day occurrences? Apparently things haven't gotten bad enough yet for them to know, Marine Le Pen is only 49 and can run again and her daughter is very popular as well so I don't think we have heard the last from them. What is Macron going to do to solve the situation?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 2:16 pm

Jacoby wrote:
So being against globalism and being for self governance is fascism

A french court ruled a couple of years back that she is allowed to be called a fascist as her politics are one of fascism.