Gregg Allman died from liver cancer Saturday

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 2:14 pm

Gregg Allman, Southern Rock Pioneer, Dead at 69 Allman Brothers Band leader "passed away peacefully at his home in Savannah, Georgia"

Gregg Allman’s Longtime Manager Recalls the Singer’s Final Days and Their Career Together

Another part of my youth and Americana is gone

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 12:03 am

Godspeed, sir.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 10:43 pm

Gregg Allman Laid to Rest at Macon Funeral

Quote:
Gregg Allman was laid to rest Saturday afternoon in Macon, Georgia, where the Allman Brothers Band singer was buried near his brother Duane Allman and band mate Berry Oakley.

"When he opened his mouth and started singing ... there was this honesty that made a connection with people that was undeniable"

Former president Jimmy Carter, Peter Frampton, ex-wife Cher and many of Allman's bandmates like Jaimoe, Dickey Betts and Derek Trucks were among those that attended the private ceremony at Snow's Memorial Chapel in Macon. Allman's children Devon, Layla and Delilah Island, his niece (and Duane's daughter) Galadrielle, his lifelong friend Chank Middleton and his manager Michael Lehmen delivered eulogies at the service.

As requested by Allman's estate, mourners wore jeans to the funeral instead of suits. Following the private service, hundreds of fans, many wearing Allman Brothers shirts and listening to the band's music, lined the route along the funeral procession to nearby Rose Hill Cemetery, where Allman was buried close to Duane, who died in a 1971 motorcycle accident.

Allman's manager Michael Lehman said Allman spent his final night listening to tracks off his upcoming solo LP Southern Blood; a rep told Rolling Stone the album would arrive in September.

"He said the last few days he was just, you know, tired," Lehman said told the Associated Press. He was looking forward to sharing it with the world and that dream is going to be realized. I told him that his legacy is going to be protected, and the gift that he gave to the music world will continue to live on forever."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman