Gay Trump Supporter Claims He Was Discriminated

Page 4 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 11:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Liberalism seems to largely consist of white people who hate white people.

Have you ever seen the Democratic national convention, then compare them to their Republican counterparts? The Democrats have a healthy mix of different ethnicities, whereas the Republicans are almost entirely lily white.
No, white liberals don't hate white people; we just don't want to whitewash history anymore, but want to redress past wrongs.

Some people say that just ends up keeping past wrongs and the tensions connected to them alive and in the forefront. When Morgan Freeman was asked how are we going to get rid of racism he said, stop talking about it. But I think maybe the conservatives are nazis and liberals love everyone, except all those nazis, is really just a DNC political propaganda strategy.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 2:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The only businesses that have been shut down were those who have violated the rights of others due to identity politics.

This is called the fruit loop. (No pun intended.)

I am not talking in circles, as I have always asserted my own right, not to be an accessory, to sexual perversion.

The fact that human anatomy can be assorted in different numbers and poses, has never been a revelation in any time or place.

And, the fact that we are still discussing this shows a shortcoming on the part of nominal conservatives. Sexual decadence is not an example of cultural conservatism, in light of the heterosexual norm. It is not an example of legal conservatism, in that it's protected by the govt, against commonlaw. And, it's not an example of fiscal conservatism, when it is propped up, by my earnings, against my express sayso.

He was a bad example of conservative, was given a hand up, and then bit the hand which feeds him. You have taken obvious subversives under your wing, hypocritically, and they are not even grateful. It alienates people, who were better examples. Your moral compromise has discouraged everyone.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 6:51 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Have you ever seen the Democratic national convention, then compare them to their Republican counterparts? The Democrats have a healthy mix of different ethnicities, whereas the Republicans are almost entirely lily white.
No, white liberals don't hate white people; we just don't want to whitewash history anymore, but want to redress past wrongs.

Oh, yes. The Democratic National Convention. Having attended two conventions, should I describe my run-ins with the Secret Service agents, or how Florida delegates flooded the Utah delegation seats (and refused to leave) when Joe Lieberman accepted the nomination for vice president? Seats are highly regulated and can be seen by ushers as theft (especially when recorded votes are pending and delegates are required to sit with their own delegations or leave the convention floor). Needless to say, some Florida VIPs without credentials probably still despise Utah for having them ejected from their "Joementum" moment.

Racial compositions at DNC Convention are dictated to the state parties, and affirmative action and quotas still control much of the process. Even Democraic super delegates loathe the quotas. The Republican National Convention doesn't make such artificial requirements and lets each delegate be who they are without the help of quotas.

I learned enough about the Democratic Party in my years with it to realize that I wanted nothing to do with its practices (which have nothing to do with its recognized ideals).

Even so, the Democrats at least have minorities to showcase. The Republican party is still a white out snow storm.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 6:57 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The only businesses that have been shut down were those who have violated the rights of others due to identity politics.

This is called the fruit loop. (No pun intended.)

I am not talking in circles, as I have always asserted my own right, not to be an accessory, to sexual perversion.

The fact that human anatomy can be assorted in different numbers and poses, has never been a revelation in any time or place.

And, the fact that we are still discussing this shows a shortcoming on the part of nominal conservatives. Sexual decadence is not an example of cultural conservatism, in light of the heterosexual norm. It is not an example of legal conservatism, in that it's protected by the govt, against commonlaw. And, it's not an example of fiscal conservatism, when it is propped up, by my earnings, against my express sayso.

He was a bad example of conservative, was given a hand up, and then bit the hand which feeds him. You have taken obvious subversives under your wing, hypocritically, and they are not even grateful. It alienates people, who were better examples. Your moral compromise has discouraged everyone.

Sexual perversion? Are you talking about homosexuality and gay marriage? I'll remind you, LGBT Americans are just that - Americans - and are deserving of all the rights accorded to everyone else, including loving who they want to love. If you don't like it, then don't marry someone of the same gender.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 6:59 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Some people say that just ends up keeping past wrongs and the tensions connected to them alive and in the forefront. When Morgan Freeman was asked how are we going to get rid of racism he said, stop talking about it. But I think maybe the conservatives are nazis and liberals love everyone, except all those nazis, is really just a DNC political propaganda strategy.

The only reason why past wrongs are past is because people not only talked about said wrongs, but did something about them.
Contrary to what conservatives say today, racism is not a thing of the past, and it still needs to be fought.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:06 pm

Quote:
Sexual perversion? Are you talking about homosexuality and gay marriage?

:D

In theory, straight people could have been piling into that port-a-potty at the reservoir, the dept store restroom during the holiday rush, or post Craigslist ads pertaining to the playground. Heteros could have chased children through the parklands of Westboro. There could by cis-het bug chasers. There is no reason why not. But, it didn't really happen that way did it. You know the answer.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:28 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Quote:
Sexual perversion? Are you talking about homosexuality and gay marriage?

:D

In theory, straight people could have been piling into that port-a-potty at the reservoir, the dept store restroom during the holiday rush, or post Craigslist ads pertaining to the playground. Heteros could have chased children through the parklands of Westboro. There could by cis-het bug chasers. There is no reason why not. But, it didn't really happen that way did it. You know the answer.

There are plenty of LGBT people who don't partake in the more outlandish activity, and there are plenty of straights who do. Most people, straight or LGBT, don't.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
there are plenty of straights who do.

friedmacguffins wrote:
There is no reason why not.

Putting stuff where doesn't normally fit is always an outlandish activity. We have heard about it before. We would like to get away from it, sometimes. There is apparently some exhibitionism, in play, here. For thousands of years, we did not need the state to force other people to recognize our marriages. If my consent is not needed, then, don't ask for it, so importunately.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:45 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
there are plenty of straights who do.

friedmacguffins wrote:
There is no reason why not.

Putting stuff where doesn't normally fit is always an outlandish activity. We have heard about it before. We would like to get away from it, sometimes. There is apparently some exhibitionism, in play, here. For thousands of years, we did not need the state to force other people to recognize our marriages. If my consent is not needed, then, don't ask for it, so importunately.

We recognize love as the basis of marriage. "Nuf said.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:57 pm

The Bible recognizes patriarchy as the basis of a marriage. Or, what did you think was cultural conservatism.

Like I said, in the other thread, noone is forcing that on you. Just call it what it is, and where people are interested. It's not conservatism and conservatism isn't interested.

Trump has betrayed conservatism.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Even so, the Democrats at least have minorities to showcase. The Republican party is still a white out snow storm.

Showcase sounds like put there for display purposes.

Kraichgauer wrote:
The only reason why past wrongs are past is because people not only talked about said wrongs, but did something about them.
Contrary to what conservatives say today, racism is not a thing of the past, and it still needs to be fought.

I think it's inadvertently being kept alive.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:01 pm

There's still racism out there. I see it with my own eyes.

But I don't believe in taking the politically-correct approach to this, by excusing the behavior of some members of the "oppressed group."

Some of the burden of getting rid of the racism is on the "oppressed group" itself.

Martin Luther King knew this quite well. He had it right.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:06 pm

Usually, reverse racism, as under radical Reconstruction.

Even without being sadistic about it, at least, have the balls to fight for your own side, cause, or demographic.

Those who displace you will not respect your surrender, to the point, where you could even show your face in their strongholds.

I am not saying that it has to preoccupy every waking minute of your day, but they will not give you an honorable defeat.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:42 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

It's not being inadvertently being kept alive. It's alive, because there are still people who hate "the other." To say that it's being kept alive by talking about it is actually meaning, just keep quiet about being stepped on.
Bill Maher said it: The new racism is denying racism still exists.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:51 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Usually, reverse racism, as under radical Reconstruction.

Even without being sadistic about it, at least, have the balls to fight for your own side, cause, or demographic.

Those who displace you will not respect your surrender, to the point, where you could even show your face in their strongholds.

I am not saying that it has to preoccupy every waking minute of your day, but they will not give you an honorable defeat.

You have a very ahistorical viewpoint of Reconstruction. White terrorist groups like the Klan had murdered so called carpetbaggers, and blacks. To say that this was just a response to Radical Reconstruction is to justify the KKK. Any white southerners who were imprisoned or killed met that fate only because they had violently opposed reconstruction in the name of white supremacy.
I will only stand with my demographic if my demographic is right. So far, starving artists embrace poverty as a badge of pride, so I'm not that fired up about getting rich.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 10:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

It's not being inadvertently being kept alive. It's alive, because there are still people who hate "the other." To say that it's being kept alive by talking about it is actually meaning, just keep quiet about being stepped on.
Bill Maher said it: The new racism is denying racism still exists.

So when does it ever end?

Edit: I know, when conservatives no longer exist, right?