Page 2 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 2:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Demonique wrote:
"The Trump administration began removing LGBT information from WhiteHouse.gov on the day Trump took office, The Post reported. A report on the Labor Department’s website on LGBT workers rights was also removed."

In the OP article

If you mean the Washington Post, it's very unreliable. And why would LGBT workers rights need to be different from everyone else's worker rights?

Same reason why the rights of black workers differ from everyone else': because they've been particularly discriminated against in a way that is worse than most other workers.

I thought it was supposed to be equal rights for all.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 3:00 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Demonique wrote:
"The Trump administration began removing LGBT information from WhiteHouse.gov on the day Trump took office, The Post reported. A report on the Labor Department’s website on LGBT workers rights was also removed."

In the OP article

If you mean the Washington Post, it's very unreliable. And why would LGBT workers rights need to be different from everyone else's worker rights?

Same reason why the rights of black workers differ from everyone else': because they've been particularly discriminated against in a way that is worse than most other workers.

It is, if you're a protected class.

Demonique
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2017, 3:31 am

EzraS wrote:
Demonique wrote:
And why would LGBT workers rights need to be different from everyone else's worker rights?

Well maybe because some employers will fire someone if they find out they're gay or trans?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 10:36 am

Quota cases, various and sundry oddballs, know all the trappings of traditional conservatism, so are not participating in good faith.

The alt-right is using suckers as human shields.

I would like to say that I'm not phobic. Ideally, street people , female impersonators, and anarchists seem whimsical and mostly-harmless, like, when you're at the circus, and it's supposed to be the real and literal circus -- not jury duty, the bank, or a church function.

The whole premise is that radical Reconstruction took the Enlightenment too far, so ruined Western civilization, forever.

His answer was, "when you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice," then to slap a conservative label on the eccentrics. There are people in gawdy, plastic, costume jewelry, going on grumpy-old-man, jbs'er rants. If you don't see Allinsky and absorption, in that, you're as big a reprobate as they are. If you can't be discreet, then go back to talking about licking doorknobs. Don't try to pious, open, and notorious, all at the same time. It's not creating an identity crisis for anyone else but you.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 11:49 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Demonique wrote:

In the OP article

Sometimes extra steps have to be taken to ensure equal rights for unpopular groups. Otherwise, talk about equal rights is just lip service. And just why do you think your rights are being infringed upon when LGBT rights are protected?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 11:52 am

SH90 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Demonique wrote:

In the OP article

It is, if you're a protected class.

Are you saying that your rights have somehow been infringed on by special protections given to unpopular and historically discriminated against groups of Americans?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 12:10 pm

Prestige and real property have been confiscated to the point of genocide, which is formally defined as the inability of a demographic to reproduce at replacement levels.

I think, the eccentrics had safe places, to practice their eccentricity -- just not under the color of authority, much less, with a vengeance.

More than equivalence, they practice conquest, to the ruin of others.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:06 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Prestige and real property have been confiscated to the point of genocide, which is formally defined as the inability of a demographic to reproduce at replacement levels.

I think, the eccentrics had safe places, to practice their eccentricity -- just not under the color of authority, much less, with a vengeance.

More than equivalence, they practice conquest, to the ruin of others.

Genocide? How do you figure that?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

friedmacguffins wrote:
genocide, which is formally defined as the inability of a demographic to reproduce at replacement levels.

That's the UN definition of genocide. Have you heard it, before?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:19 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

friedmacguffins wrote:
genocide, which is formally defined as the inability of a demographic to reproduce at replacement levels.

That's the UN definition of genocide. Have you heard it, before?

Wait a minute, just who's being stopped from having kids?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:27 pm

Part timers, tell them you're a sexual minority, and come up with something really demented. Say that you a have durrrg problem, when reviews come around, and you need "help." Fasttracked.
I have been surpassed by Consuela stereotypes, who would not push a broom, or didn't know the word for it.

I thought this has made it to Alaska and Maine, by now. You must be really sheltered, maybe, at the North Pole or Newschwabenland.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:40 pm

EzraS wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I will never understand how anyone can be open about supporting Trump. He is a liar and a bigot and he obviously discriminates against LGBT. You can't support Trump and support gay rights, that doesn't make any sense. That will be like me supporting KKK but yet still being a black supporter.

The thing is he's not that bad. He's not all that great either, but he's not as bad as you have been programmed to believe.

Indeed. President Trump is the image of presidents Truman and Johnson (both quite outspoken about many things of their times). But, let us remember also that Truman was extremely hostile toward Jews and Johnson toward blacks. So, if two relatively recent Democratic presidents were as bad or worse than Trump, where does that put the Democratic Party? Yep....

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 9:57 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I will never understand how anyone can be open about supporting Trump. He is a liar and a bigot and he obviously discriminates against LGBT. You can't support Trump and support gay rights, that doesn't make any sense. That will be like me supporting KKK but yet still being a black supporter.

The thing is he's not that bad. He's not all that great either, but he's not as bad as you have been programmed to believe.

Indeed. President Trump is the image of presidents Truman and Johnson (both quite outspoken about many things of their times). But, let us remember also that Truman was extremely hostile toward Jews and Johnson toward blacks. So, if two relatively recent Democratic presidents were as bad or worse than Trump, where does that put the Democratic Party? Yep....

Johnson was hostile toward blacks? As I recall, he was the civil rights President.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 4:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Demonique wrote:

In the OP article

Sometimes extra steps have to be taken to ensure equal rights for unpopular groups. Otherwise, talk about equal rights is just lip service. And just why do you think your rights are being infringed upon when LGBT rights are protected?

Are you referring to my rights as someone who's legally mentally and physically disabled being infringed on? Yeah I don't think that. That's you putting thoughts into my head. You do that a lot. Ascribe things to me that don't apply and I'm getting tired of it. And btw technically I'm at least bisexual, which makes me LGBT. As a matter of fact I just remembered that I'm a member of the empty closets forum. I don't think any of that means my rights supersede anyone else's rights. I think equal rights should mean just that.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 6:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Johnson was hostile toward blacks? As I recall, he was the civil rights President.

Oooh, then I am truly sorry about bursting your bubble, but, one of the good things about Wikipedia.org is its penchant for accuracy in scholarly attribution of the statements of the famous. Try this on for size ( https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Lyndon_B. ... Attributed ).

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)