So Asperger's is a mitigating circumstance for rape?

Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 10:08 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
You got lost on tattoos and piercings.

Gems and precious metals can be worn as clip-ons or jewelry (which never penetrates living flesh). Pretty pictures can be worn on fabrics, painted on skin, or canvases, hung on the wall.

I maintain that it is an example of willful self harm, because what is more important, you or the ornament?

I believe she has objectified herself. That, possibly before the alleged rape. She has put herself in an untenable position, even before carving herself up.

Those who consider themselves valuable, sacred, possibly, holier-than-thou, would typically avoid those kinds-of opportunities. I know this has been called victim blaming.

But, she would like to be considered accountable.

Then, at which point, before or after.

Also, what does stewardship of the body entail. What is an improvement. What is pleasurable, and what is damage.

And why should you have any say what this women should and shouldn't do to her own body. If you don't like tattoos and piercings don't get them but quit acting like its some disturbing self harm practice, it's not. Plenty of people find that it relieves some stress or that they find it to be an ideal way to express themselves...its not for you its for them.

Also maybe you should think about what you are saying...she should be accountable? for what...getting raped, well that is B.S and victim blaming. What are you some kind of rapist sympathizer? I notice you haven't had any criticizms for the rapist here but are basically trying to imply she must have been asking for it.

and what is this creepy sh*t
Quote:
I believe she has objectified herself. That, possibly before the alleged rape. She has put herself in an untenable position, even before carving herself up.

Quote:
Also, what does stewardship of the body entail. What is an improvement. What is pleasurable, and what is damage.

I think you are objectifying her, and 'alleged' rape? how is it alleged exactly?

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 2:02 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
I never especially promoted Trump, personally.

Also, it seems to me, that noone should be more prudish than a third wave feminist. They get mad at other women, for putting on too much of a show. (So, do Amish and Islamist people.) And, feminists put careerism ahead of relationships (rhetorically).

So, she is picking the helpmeet, who is supposed lend moral support to her, perhaps, in some marriage of convenience. Why doesn't that imply that she is extremely selective.

You are basically taking the most notorious aspects of patriarchy, and turning them 180 degrees, in the opposite direction.

But, male chauvinists care who they are seen with, publicly. They are selective, physically, financially, and frugal with moral vices.

I just don't see this, in female chauvinists, not that it has to be that way. :roll: There is nothing actually keeping them from being responsible, is there. Either they are incapable, or it's a moral flaw.

Of course sex-positivity is a foreign concept to you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-positive_feminism

"No one should be more prudish than a third wave feminist." :lol:

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 3:30 pm

Feminists aren't as sex-positive as traditonalists, unless it's a "slut march." (Their word.) Even then, they seem to be very grouchy; it's a march. Paramilitancy, smash the patriarchy with a hammer, kind-of talk. It's dis-inviting, if you ask me. Is FEMEN supposed to be sex-positive?

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:04 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Feminists aren't as sex-positive as traditonalists, unless it's a "slut march." (Their word.) Even then, they seem to be very grouchy; it's a march. Paramilitancy, smash the patriarchy with a hammer, kind-of talk. It's dis-inviting, if you ask me. Is FEMEN supposed to be sex-positive?

I don't know about marches (I've never been to one) or whatever FEMEN is, but as a feminist I am sex-positive within the framework of my own life and choices: I enjoy sex, I feel no shame for that and ignore cultural narratives that attempt to shame me for enjoying my female sexuality, I feel sex is a healthy part of life and I embrace it in the same way I embrace good food and exercise as a wholesome aspect of a well-lived life, I see a doctor and pay attention to my reproductive health. I don't know about this militancy nonsense, it doesn't really apply to me.

You seem to think every feminist is a stereotype because your capacity to see beyond black and white simplicities is limited. That is what your arguments portray, a very limited perspective.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:07 pm

But, I've been following the discussion, word-for-word. Third (is it now, fourth?) wave feminism has become chauvinistic, and very misandrist. Maybe, you are from an earlier wave? It's even been discouraging some of the women, who just want to do basic girl stuff.

Last edited by friedmacguffins on 02 Jul 2017, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:08 pm

I also find it interesting friedmcmuffin that you responded to me but not to Sweetleaf's questions. Is that an acknowledgement that you can't defend the indefensible?

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:09 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
But, I've been following the discussion, word-for-word. Third (is it now, fourth?) wave feminism has become chauvinistic, and very misandrist. Maybe, you are from an earlier wave? It's even been discouraging some of the women, who just want to do basic girl stuff.

In your imagination I'm sure all feminists are fat lesbians who hate men. That is the limitation of your argument.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:12 pm

I don't feel guilty, for telling people not to hurt themselves, as a form of stress release, or for any other reason.

I don't feel like hurting other people, or watching them get hurt.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:17 pm

The second wave said they 'need a man, like a fish needs a bicycle.' The third wave is saying that the sexual act is always violative, due to the physical mechanics of it. They're saying that provocative clothing and full frontal nudity are asexual. I don't believe that is sex-positive. So, I am assuming that you are not a strict adherant, to this philosophy, if you want to be admired and find male sex partners.

Last edited by friedmacguffins on 02 Jul 2017, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:18 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
I don't feel guilty, for telling people not to hurt themselves, as a form of stress release, or for any other reason.

Sounds like you are totally fine with hurting rape victims by blaming them for being attacked, because that's what you've done here repeatedly in this thread. The fact that you feel the need to keep saying "I don't like to hurt others" comes off very suspicious in that light, like compulsive denial of the obvious. Something about protesting too much...

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:19 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:

How does this relate to the original story? She was minding her own business setting up a room. Ordinarily nothing bad would have happened. It was this dude who caused the problem.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:20 pm

Body modification is an elective form of surgery, supposedly in response to stress. I don't see what makes it any different from people, who cut themselves.

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:23 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
The second wave said they 'need a man, like a fish needs a bicycle.' The third wave is saying that the sexual act is always violative, due to the physical mechanics of it. They're saying that provocative clothing and full frontal nudity are asexual. I don't believe that is sex-positive. So, I am assuming that you are not a strict adherant, to this philosophy.

I don't know anyone who thinks like that. Your imagination is leading you astray again. No reasonable person of any persuasion thinks all sex is violative. This is what I mean when I say your imagination is limiting you--you have this picture in your mind of what feminists are that doesn't seem to jive with reality. I am not a cartoon, I am an actual person. You seem to see all feminists as a caricature.

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:24 pm

Body modification has been as aspect of various human cultures for thousands of years. It is often a rite of passage. If you can't comprehend it on any level most of the rest of humanity can and has been doing so for millennia, so you're the odd man out there.

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:28 pm

Mcmuffin: why are you ignoring everyone else's responses except mine?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:31 pm

I thought I was covering it all.

It's possible that you are not an extremist, and would not take credit for everything which has been said, in your own corner.

I am not making anything up.