White students forced to apologize for being white...

Page 5 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 10:05 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
If I remember right they also had boarding schools they would send the native american children to, essentially to try and beat the native out of them. Then from there I imagine they were sent to the white homes to be servants.

This is generally, very true -- almost 100%

But, they were considered liberal, charitable institutions.

So were plantations.

To the very best of my understanding, it would have been subsidized, much in the same respect as today's crisis housing, where people are also put to menial labor.

When WW2 era Japanese were interned, it was "for their protection."

I am learning about refugee re-location, with formal documentation. In that case, they are supposed to be extremely well-vetted. But, I am leery that absolute dependence tends towards abuse.

Do you remember the old movie line, "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"? What if they are not kind.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 10:29 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
If I remember right they also had boarding schools they would send the native american children to, essentially to try and beat the native out of them. Then from there I imagine they were sent to the white homes to be servants.

So were plantations.

To the very best of my understanding, it would have been subsidized, much in the same respect as today's crisis housing, where people are also put to menial labor.

I am learning about refugee re-location, with formal documentation. In that case, they are supposed to be extremely well-vetted. But, I am leery that absolute dependence tends towards abuse.

Do you remember the old movie line, "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"? What if they are not kind.

The American Indians in Utah (Goshute, Navajo, Paiute, Shoshoni and Ute) were "helped" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Placement_Program ) by being placed in Mormon families whereby they would also be enrolled in the state's schools. And, some people doubt that churches and schools can be effective indoctrination centers.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 11:57 am

I have collected some olive cuttings, from a 200-ish yr old orchard, where there are, now, many tons of garbage. The biggest tombstone, on highest ground, is of a "charitable," white person, in charge of orphan laborers.

In the two examples of crisis housing, where I have visited, in person, and are operational, today, there is some kind of business with menial labor. Old clothes were processed, in bulk, by the tractor-trailer load, and trees from city maintenance were split into small fire wood.

Like in the saying about the "poor house." It was a real place, along the lines of a factory.

I have my own biases, too; I am a human being. But, I actually researched how things were done. This is supposed to be liberal charity and social welfare.

Slaves are made, when society is demoralized or unreliable. You should want to be moral, financially-stable, and dignified, for your own success. I am warning you sjw's about the price of failure, which eventually makes everyone a beggar.

Some were conspicuously-deformed, had wild eyes, and speech impediments. If you can function, independently, you should do your best. Being handicapped does not guarantee help, or that you want to be helped, by these people.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 12:25 pm

SH90 wrote:
EDEN, N.C. – White privilege training in the Rockingham County school system is causing a lot of headaches.
Superintendent Rodney Shotwell told Rockingham Now the state threatened to withhold federal funding when a disproportionate number of minority students were suspended in a special exceptional children’s program in 2012 and 2013, so district leaders implemented mandatory “equity training” for school staff.

Now, some teachers are complaining that the training materials focused on white privilege and transgender issues violate their principles, while parents are speaking out about other teachers who are taking what they learned and imposing it on students.

At a May 8 school board meeting, parent Farran Wilkinson took to the podium to out one educator who recently forced white students to apologize to black students for their white privileges, according to the American Lens.

The Lens reportedly contacted parents in the school district and identified the teacher as sixth grade English teacher Tarsha Clark.
“American Lens was told by one parent that the incident was more specific than Wilkinson stated,” the news site reports.“According to that parent, Clarke forced her white students to stand in front of the class and apologize to the minority students for their ‘white privilege.’”

More: http://eagnews.org/parents-teachers-slam-nc-school-districts-mandatory-white-privilege-training/

Five pages of debate about a fake news story. Here's the scoop on the Education Action Group:
https://eagtruth.wordpress.com/
http://www.politifact.com/personalities ... ion-group/
http://www.politifact.com/oregon/statem ... llars-dec/

Do some basic research unless you only come here to rage.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:49 pm

EzraS wrote:
It sounds like a good way to keep racial tensions alive and kicking for future generations.

That is the intent; keep fanning the flames of racial unrest so they (the left) can have something to rally around...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 2:07 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

So were plantations.

"I've always depended on the kindness of strangers," had been a line from Tennessee Williams' play, A Streetcar Named Desire, which later was made into a movie.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 2:19 pm

Raptor wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It sounds like a good way to keep racial tensions alive and kicking for future generations.

That is the intent; keep fanning the flames of racial unrest so they (the left) can have something to rally around...

day after day nasty comment, after nasty comment, tons of negative generalizations about the left, posts worded as if having left leaning makes you some kind of enemy of the state. It does get a little obnoxious, I a liberal of the left have expressed my disagreement with this kind of apology situation(though its been brought up this story may not be real)...so yeah it gets a little bit obnoxious. There are aspies here on the left...I try not to constantly generalize and make nasty comments about the right in its entirety in consideration that there are certainly people on the right here and its supposed to be a welcoming place for all aspies so i don't think its a good place to be inflammatory. but maybe I shouldn't bother, I suppose the prospect of interacting in a civil manner with a gross liberal would be off-putting. well now that that rant is out of my system...

There are some nasty drama causing people on both sides, what is a sh*t throwing contest supposed to accomplish? There are plenty of crazy Alt-Righters acting like some kine of persecuted sub-group of society, who needs to take their country back' then you have this crazy so called SJW crowd who seems to want everything to be a social issue.

And as if its specifically 'the left' fanning flames of racial tensions, it seems there is a disturbing amount of that on the alt right as well, not to mention the neo-nazis which identify as a right wing group who tend to support politicians who pander to the alt-right crowd. I think most people at least here either on the left or the right would prefer not to fan the flames of racial unrest.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 5:04 pm

Pages and pages of debate on a fake news story, priceless. This is exactly what the Russians were trying to achieve in your country. You've all been played, America.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 5:15 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Pages and pages of debate on a fake news story, priceless. This is exactly what the Russians were trying to achieve in your country. You've all been played, America.

Even more pages if you add the thread about pbj sandwiches.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 6:06 pm

I am not forever fixated on negativity, just don't think that 5th columnists should be trusted to make the sandwiches.

Sorry, not sorry.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 10:35 am

AspieUtah wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
...you people are too easy.

Not at all. What any fakery shows is that we care about such actions regardless of whether they are real or faked. In this way, our truths persevered, if not the facts. What it shows is that, apart from any fakers, our beliefs remained steadfast in this or similar situations. I can't see this in any other way but good. Cheer for our "stupidity" if you choose, but we remain correct about how humans should treat each other.

Wow.
So, facts don't matter as long as your prejudice is confirmed and validated.

Making up BS stories and strawmen that prey on people's fears and demonize the other side is an old tactic. It has been used time and again to justify oppression and genocide.

But then I guess that's fine too, until it gets used on you.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 10:40 am

Albert Pike said that the left and right would be pitted against eachother. We are blaming either respective side, but not a third, indifferent opinion.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 10:51 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
SH90 wrote:
EDEN, N.C. – White privilege training in the Rockingham County school system is causing a lot of headaches.
Superintendent Rodney Shotwell told Rockingham Now the state threatened to withhold federal funding when a disproportionate number of minority students were suspended in a special exceptional children’s program in 2012 and 2013, so district leaders implemented mandatory “equity training” for school staff.

Now, some teachers are complaining that the training materials focused on white privilege and transgender issues violate their principles, while parents are speaking out about other teachers who are taking what they learned and imposing it on students.

At a May 8 school board meeting, parent Farran Wilkinson took to the podium to out one educator who recently forced white students to apologize to black students for their white privileges, according to the American Lens.

The Lens reportedly contacted parents in the school district and identified the teacher as sixth grade English teacher Tarsha Clark.
“American Lens was told by one parent that the incident was more specific than Wilkinson stated,” the news site reports.“According to that parent, Clarke forced her white students to stand in front of the class and apologize to the minority students for their ‘white privilege.’”

More: http://eagnews.org/parents-teachers-slam-nc-school-districts-mandatory-white-privilege-training/

Five pages of debate about a fake news story. Here's the scoop on the Education Action Group:
https://eagtruth.wordpress.com/
http://www.politifact.com/personalities ... ion-group/
http://www.politifact.com/oregon/statem ... llars-dec/

Do some basic research unless you only come here to rage.

Hey, I called BS on page 3.

They're just here to rage.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 10:59 am

You, Goon squad and Stinky posted the same links as I did. I couldn't have imagined people on both sides ignoring it... I guess rage draws more replies.

jcCoolidgejr.
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 11:31 am

This is what MLKjr. was fighting when he was shot. He had recently turned his attention to black supremacy and fighting it and programs like this and the black panthers with black racism and discrimination. All heroes due to soon.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:33 am

jcCoolidgejr. wrote:
This is what MLKjr. was fighting when he was shot. He had recently turned his attention to black supremacy and fighting it and programs like this and the black panthers with black racism and discrimination. All heroes due to soon.

Source?

MLK was moving to organizing labor. He recognized the importance of Black independence, actually. He didn't intend to exclude whites, ever.