Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

HoxtonPaul
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jun 2017, 11:42 am

I'm going to release this as a relatively anonymous pdf now. My (short version) of why the infamous Vaxxed film (remember that?) is a conspiracy theory science fiction and a joke.

You can use the DropBox or OneDrive links below, or I can send it? Just message me or send an email. Hope its fun to read. I could not finish it as there is so much more to add and I was just plain worried about the grammar. Next thing is to go over my (free) copy part by part. It's a sad business.

:)

https://www.dropbox.com/…/VAXXED%20-%20A%20conspiracy%20the…

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AozZuKxf4Q21zBDFkXEilbPPIc-g

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 4:11 pm

Ah complacency. I guess from London you can be, but over here our President met with Wakefield and is sympathetic to the anti vaxx idea. A movement with the support of the President cannot be considered "toast". I have read how the anti vaxx movement was part of Autism's history, not the present in "Neurotribes" and "In a Different Key". That has not worked out so well.

You mentioned that the techniques, used by the filmmakers are nothing new. You are completely correct. They are used because they work on occasion - See demagogue after demagogue that have gained power and done all sorts of harm.

Probably the anti vaxx movement will fade into irrelevancy, hopefully permanently, most of these movements do. But maybe like in horror movies just when you thought it was dead it comes back when you least expect it. Or maybe the same basic Autism Derangement Syndrome will surface under another name, Gene Editing is the thing I worry about now.

We just had a situation over here in the states when practically every knowledgeable and influential person said something that ended up actually happening was a joke. My confidence in claims of impossibility is about almost zero right now.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 5:40 pm

It seems to me that the "anti-vaxxers" are less influential than they used to be---especially after the association between autism and vaccines (i.e., the famous 1998 study) was debunked.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 1:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It seems to me that the "anti-vaxxers" are less influential than they used to be---especially after the association between autism and vaccines (i.e., the famous 1998 study) was debunked.

Their intentional cretinism still p*sses me off.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 1:43 am

I'm pro choice. Parents should have the option to opt out of vaccinations. Austria, Germany and Switzerland all allow parents to make the choice. None of those countries are places I would consider particularly backwards or unscientific. In fact Germany and Switzerland are both very innovative countries with highly educated populations and Austria is where Hans Asperger himself came from and also has a famous history of psychiatry.

I personally think that vaccines do not cause autism but that autistic people can have a terrible reaction to them. My theory, then: vaccines may be making autistic people/aspies more severe in their symptoms. I predict people will get angry and try to intimidate me but in any case I have thought the whole thing through over the years and I stick to my guns on it, vaccines are not necessarily all that safe.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 1:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I can't stand these Anti Vaxxers, my sister argues with them on facebook but they always have an answer.
My mum told me I had to have oxygen at birth, a friend of mine who also has Autism said her mum had trouble giving birth to her and she also had to have oxygen, I'm not saying that happened to everyone though.

I think these anti vaxxers are dangerous and a lot of the diseases like Polio could come back.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 1:56 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I can't stand these Anti Vaxxers, my sister argues with them on facebook but they always have an answer.
My mum told me I had to have oxygen at birth, a friend of mine who also has Autism said her mum had trouble giving birth to her and she also had to have oxygen, I'm not saying that happened to everyone though.

I think these anti vaxxers are dangerous and a lot of the diseases like Polio could come back.

I believe Polio is making a come back in Africa, in fact.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 11:45 am

I think that autism is on a spectrum of dissociation, although not quite as profound as schizophrenia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sluggish_schizophrenia

Although someone's thought process may be subject to interpretation, all of the listed ingredients, in the syringe, have knowable properties. Unlisted ingredients were acknowledged.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 6:16 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
I think that autism is on a spectrum of dissociation, although not quite as profound as schizophrenia.

Although someone's thought process may be subject to interpretation, all of the listed ingredients, in the syringe, have knowable properties. Unlisted ingredients were acknowledged.

That Sluggish Schizophrenia, according to Wikipedia, is a rather infamous diagnosis by Russian psychologists, as it was used as a political weapon to be used against dissidents. Sounds rather hokey to me.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 10:06 am

People assume that coincidence implies causality. It does not. The appearance of symptoms of autism merely coincides with vaccination schedules. If doctors take responsibility and tell parents that their kid needs a vaccination rather than asking if they want to have it given, vaccination rates rise significantly. Doctors should not put the responsibility onto parents, since the parents typically make such logical errors.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 10:39 am

friedmacguffins wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
That Sluggish Schizophrenia, according to Wikipedia, is a rather infamous diagnosis by Russian psychologists, as it was used as a political weapon to be used against dissidents. Sounds rather hokey to me.

friedmacguffins wrote:
someone's thought process may be subject to interpretation

I don't believe that I have an impairment.

In context, people are claiming to be damaged by vaccines.

Have you examined the vaccine.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 10:49 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

friedmacguffins wrote:
someone's thought process may be subject to interpretation

I don't believe that I have an impairment.

In context, people are claiming to be damaged by vaccines.

Have you examined the vaccine.

What impairment is that?
People claim lots of things.
I haven't examined vaccines, but I take the word of legitimate and responsible doctors.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 11:03 am

People are saying that the disease of autism is caused by vaccines.

What is in a vaccine.

Is autism an impediment, without any other co-morbidities.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 11:07 am

friedmacguffins wrote:

What is in a vaccine.

Discredited people are saying vaccines cause autism.
It depends on where the individual falls on the spectrum.
A vaccine, as I understand it, is a little bit of a virus introduced into the body, which said body can then build up resistance against.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 11:18 am

friedmacguffins wrote:

What is in a vaccine.

You ask 100 people you are going to get 100 different definitions of autism. The anti vaxx people define it as a deliberately introduced condition that robs a person of essential elements of their humanity.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 11:27 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
What is in a vaccine.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Discredited people...

But, I didn't ask any questions about credibility.

Kraichgauer wrote:
A vaccine, as I understand it, is a little bit of a virus introduced into the body, which said body can then build up resistance against.

Besides viral materials, are there any other ingredients?

friedmacguffins wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
It depends on where the individual falls on the spectrum.

ASPartOfMe wrote:
You ask 100 people you are going to get 100 different definitions of autism.

Are focus, memory, organization, and quiet-ive-ness diseases? Fidgeting, when it is not destructive?