Page 3 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:42 pm

People can pledge themselves, privately, without state endorsement or state interference. You can be "married" to your cat, for life, if you like, but without protected minority status.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 4:54 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
People can pledge themselves, privately, without state endorsement or state interference. You can be "married" to your cat, for life, if you like, but without protected minority status.

That's the thing, though. Same sex marriage, and interracial marriage are now only legal because people belonging to minority groups were given the same rights of the majority, only after agitating for those rights. Why shouldn't they have the same right to consensually marry another adult, regardless or race or sex?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 12:54 am

I am surprised that it was only now legalized there.

It looks like Croatia will be the next European country to legalize it.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:10 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am surprised that it was only now legalized there.

It looks like Croatia will be the next European country to legalize it.

Then when that happens, I'll say: "Hooray for Croatia!"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 6:25 pm

Sweet Peas!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 1:39 am

This isn't 'marriage', but an outrage, an abomination, the work of the Devil!

Nothing to celebrate here. The world truly is going mad when such nonsense is tolerated and promoted. :evil:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 1:43 am

friedmacguffins wrote:

Shhh, be quiet, you might give them yet another warped idea. It wouldn't surprise me if there were within the near future attempts made by some to legalise 'marriage' to farm animals.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 1:44 am

Lintar wrote:

Nothing to celebrate here. The world truly is going mad when such nonsense is tolerated and promoted. :evil:

If you believe that, then do what I do, and don't marry someone of the same sex. But don't ruin it for someone else who wants to make a life with that one person who he or she loves.
As I'm 100% confident and secure in my heterosexuality, I have zero problem with same sex marriage.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:21 am

Lintar wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if there were within the near future attempts made by some to legalise 'marriage' to farm animals.

Currently in Japan you can legally marry a sex doll, I think we crossed the line already

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 7:04 am

I'm... actually amazed that they didn't already have it. 8O

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 1:52 pm

Drake wrote:
I'm... actually amazed that they didn't already have it. 8O

So am I.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 2:49 pm

Lintar wrote:

So what are the forum rules on homophobia? I noticed there is an LGBTQ section and I imagine a good sized amount of autistic LGBTQ members here, so I would imagine (and would hope) blatant homophobia is not acceptable as it would make those members not feel very good. This sort of attitude is should have died out with the last century. God doesn't hate gay people, only ignorant humans who are afraid of difference do that--and you wouldn't expect to find people who are afraid of difference in a place full of it like a forum for autistic people.

Maybe this is sarcasm and I missed it?

Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 2:52 pm

Lintar wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:

Shhh, be quiet, you might give them yet another warped idea. It wouldn't surprise me if there were within the near future attempts made by some to legalise 'marriage' to farm animals.

BTW Lintar, the person you are quoting got banned for sexism.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:04 pm

I'm worried Trump and Pence will try to re-ban it here, and install a theocracy.

No telling what else would be banned.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 04 Jul 2017, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:08 pm

Lintar wrote:

I hope this is sarcasm! If not, then let me tell you something to make that clear for you: Du verstehst Homosexualität ebenso wenig wie das Geschriebene hier, hasst du also automatisch auch die deutsche Sprache? Nein? Richtig, das wäre nämlich ohne Sinn.

You cannot hate something you don't understand. Leave sexual orientation out of this for it is none of your business!

And i actually thought that on a page like this i might not have to deal with questionable agendas like this since most of the individuals on here have faced enough ignorance for being different than the norm.

Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:29 pm

Mr.Robot wrote:
Lintar wrote:

I hope this is sarcasm! If not, then let me tell you something to make that clear for you: Du verstehst Homosexualität ebenso wenig wie das Geschriebene hier, hasst du also automatisch auch die deutsche Sprache? Nein? Richtig, das wäre nämlich ohne Sinn.

You cannot hate something you don't understand. Leave sexual orientation out of this for it is none of your business!

And i actually thought that on a page like this i might not have to deal with questionable agendas like this since most of the individuals on here have faced enough ignorance for being different than the norm.

I think religious fundamentalism is the most dangerous aspect of American culture. It teaches people to hate and to oppress. Ironically, if that Jesus guy were still around I think the misguided nature of it would make him cry. Whatever happened to "love thy neighbour" and "judge not lest ye be judged"?