Page 5 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jul 2017, 3:13 am

Lintar wrote:
Mr.Robot wrote:
Lintar wrote:
This isn't 'marriage', but an outrage, an abomination, the work of the Devil!

Nothing to celebrate here. The world truly is going mad when such nonsense is tolerated and promoted. :evil:

I hope this is sarcasm! If not, then let me tell you something to make that clear for you: Du verstehst Homosexualität ebenso wenig wie das Geschriebene hier, hasst du also automatisch auch die deutsche Sprache? Nein? Richtig, das wäre nämlich ohne Sinn.

You cannot hate something you don't understand. Leave sexual orientation out of this for it is none of your business!

And i actually thought that on a page like this i might not have to deal with questionable agendas like this since most of the individuals on here have faced enough ignorance for being different than the norm.

a) "You cannot hate something you don't understand" - This is debatable, to say the least. If, for example, a change in policy and/or the law has an impact upon how a particular society functions, then even if I don't fully understand the implications of this change I can still safely say that I have the right to express my opinion on that particular policy and/or law, especially if there are some clear consequences that will inevitably arise from the proposed change(s).

b) "Leave sexual orientation out of this for it is none of your business!" - It's everyone's business, for the reason stated above. It is now verboten for people in Australia (a nation that is, unfortunately, even more 'progressive' than much of Europe) to openly express their personal views regarding this, and many other, issues. You may be familiar with what happened to Margaret Court recently. All she did was state her views when asked, and she gave them honestly, but for doing so she was practically crucified by the loony left for it. I thought the Western 'democracies' allowed for dissenting views, views that go against the perceived consensus? Apparently not.

c) "I hope this is sarcasm" - No, it isn't.

Is it your business what people do in their bedrooms or if the "wrong" two people (in your opinion) love each other and want to express that love? :roll:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 5:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Germany has just legalized same sex marriage!

They certainly took their time about it, you'd think being as Pro Gay as they are they'd have sorted something out sooner than now. I believe the U.K acted when our former PM D Cameron was in power. Or just cam for short.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 8:09 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Mr.Robot wrote:
Lintar wrote:
This isn't 'marriage', but an outrage, an abomination, the work of the Devil!

Nothing to celebrate here. The world truly is going mad when such nonsense is tolerated and promoted. :evil:

I hope this is sarcasm! If not, then let me tell you something to make that clear for you: Du verstehst Homosexualität ebenso wenig wie das Geschriebene hier, hasst du also automatisch auch die deutsche Sprache? Nein? Richtig, das wäre nämlich ohne Sinn.

You cannot hate something you don't understand. Leave sexual orientation out of this for it is none of your business!

And i actually thought that on a page like this i might not have to deal with questionable agendas like this since most of the individuals on here have faced enough ignorance for being different than the norm.

a) "You cannot hate something you don't understand" - This is debatable, to say the least. If, for example, a change in policy and/or the law has an impact upon how a particular society functions, then even if I don't fully understand the implications of this change I can still safely say that I have the right to express my opinion on that particular policy and/or law, especially if there are some clear consequences that will inevitably arise from the proposed change(s).

b) "Leave sexual orientation out of this for it is none of your business!" - It's everyone's business, for the reason stated above. It is now verboten for people in Australia (a nation that is, unfortunately, even more 'progressive' than much of Europe) to openly express their personal views regarding this, and many other, issues. You may be familiar with what happened to Margaret Court recently. All she did was state her views when asked, and she gave them honestly, but for doing so she was practically crucified by the loony left for it. I thought the Western 'democracies' allowed for dissenting views, views that go against the perceived consensus? Apparently not.

c) "I hope this is sarcasm" - No, it isn't.

Is it your business what people do in their bedrooms or if the "wrong" two people (in your opinion) love each other and want to express that love? :roll:

It seems to me like it's kinda like a huge cult fad. Being lbgtxqwhatever or in demonstrative support of it, is something to get cheered and applauded for. And has little kids deciding where they belong on the lbgtxqwhatever spectrum and which of 65 genders they are.

HOORAY!! HOORAH!! YIPEE! BRAVO! Rainbow banners everywhere!! Time for another parade!!

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 9:56 am

I simply cannot reply to this in a proper way without the risk of getting banned here.

I accept and respect other opinions that don't correspond with mine, but individuals who throw around simple-minded comments and still expect to be taken seriously can only be described as pathetic. One can give me countless counter arguments, with an introduction of this kind to a topic that is close to my heart for several reasons you not only insult people in the community but people like me as well.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 9:59 am

EzraS wrote:
It seems to me like it's kinda like a huge cult fad. Being lbgtxqwhatever or in demonstrative support of it, is something to get cheered and applauded for. And has little kids deciding where they belong on the lbgtxqwhatever spectrum and which of 65 genders they are.

BUZZWORDS on parade!

You like it better to insist on one path for each sex, and anyone who does something different is wrong, cultish, and faddish? Lintar gets applauded for calling people abominations into the Lord, and you get to judge people whom you never meet. Sounds like a good deal for you.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 10:41 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

BUZZWORDS on parade!

You like it better to insist on one path for each sex, and anyone who does something different is wrong, cultish, and faddish? Lintar gets applauded for calling people abominations into the Lord, and you get to judge people whom you never meet. Sounds like a good deal for you.

Are you taking into consideration that I've had a boyfriend and that I've been a member of Empty Closets for years? You always act like you know so much. I'm once again talking about too much hype and overkill. I'd say the same thing if all this was going on with autism.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 11:05 am

EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

BUZZWORDS on parade!

Are you taking into consideration that I've had a boyfriend and that I've been a member of Empty Closets for years? You always act like you know so much. I'm once again talking about too much hype and overkill. I'd say the same thing if all this was going on with autism.

As you've had a boyfriend before, why aren't you offended by Lintar? After all, he has you condemned to Hell, already.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 11:09 am

EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

BUZZWORDS on parade!

You feel I should have taken that into consideration based on what readily available evidence? Your previous statements about the severity of your disabilities suggest you have met a fairly small number of people in real life.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 1:53 pm

EzraS wrote:

HOORAY!! HOORAH!! YIPEE! BRAVO! Rainbow banners everywhere!! Time for another parade!!

I think I know what you're saying----it's sorta like when "black" became the new "cool"; or, when some men began calling themselves "feminists". It has seemed, for several years, now, that it has become "cool" for some people to champion "the cause", for gay people----meaning, it was yet another bandwagon for some people, who needed to think highly of themselves (or, wanted OTHERS to think highly of them), to jump on, to say "Hey, look at me - here's me championing another cause - don't you think I'm GREAT!!"----but, IMO, their support is questionable, to-say-the-least, because they seem to be ONLY doing it, for THEMSELVES.

Also, because a subsequent post of yours, seemed to be saying that you are gay, I have much more respect for your opinion, regarding this issue, because I respect anybody, generally speaking, who thinks for themselves. I belong to several different groups (ie, female, Irish, Indian [Native American]), but I don't think I'll ever support someone JUST BECAUSE they belong to one of those groups----and, that seems to be what you're doing, in regard to "demonstrative supporters", and, like I said, I'm glad you THINK, for yourself.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 6:27 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I think I know what you're saying----it's sorta like when "black" became the new "cool"; or, when some men began calling themselves "feminists". It has seemed, for several years, now, that it has become "cool" for some people to champion "the cause", for gay people----meaning, it was yet another bandwagon for some people, who needed to think highly of themselves (or, wanted OTHERS to think highly of them), to jump on, to say "Hey, look at me - here's me championing another cause - don't you think I'm GREAT!!"----but, IMO, their support is questionable, to-say-the-least, because they seem to be ONLY doing it, for THEMSELVES.

Also, because a subsequent post of yours, seemed to be saying that you are gay, I have much more respect for your opinion, regarding this issue, because I respect anybody, generally speaking, who thinks for themselves. I belong to several different groups (ie, female, Irish, Indian [Native American]), but I don't think I'll ever support someone JUST BECAUSE they belong to one of those groups----and, that seems to be what you're doing, in regard to "demonstrative supporters", and, like I said, I'm glad you THINK, for yourself.

I seriously doubt most people who fight for someone else' civil rights are doing it simply for self-aggrandizement.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 6:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I seriously doubt most people who fight for someone else' civil rights are doing it simply for self-aggrandizement.

I didn't say "most"----I said "some".

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 7:09 pm

I wouldn't say that I'm "enthusiastic" about gay people. Just like I'm not enthusiastic, necessarily, about "straight" people. I think of both as "people." I get enthusiastic about individuals, not "people" as a collective, usually.

Gay people have the right to have relationships and be happy. I understand gay relationships intellectually. Emotionally, I still can't see how a man could become romantic with another man. But I don't find it "morally debased" or whatever. I don't think homosexuality is an "abomination." It's just beyond my personal experience.

I've had gay friends in my life. I've been "hit on" by gay men (I didn't like it). I was sexually abused by a man once.

Homosexuality "just is." I'm not enthusiastic about it, nor unenthusiastic.

My wife has a son who is in a "civil partnership" with another man. They are not officially "married." I was late, so I didn't go to the ceremony. I think it's all right that they are together. But I'm not all "rah-rah" about it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 7:23 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
It has seemed, for several years, now, that it has become "cool" for some people to champion "the cause", for gay people----meaning, it was yet another bandwagon for some people, who needed to think highly of themselves (or, wanted OTHERS to think highly of them), to jump on, to say "Hey, look at me - here's me championing another cause - don't you think I'm GREAT!!"----but, IMO, their support is questionable, to-say-the-least, because they seem to be ONLY doing it, for THEMSELVES.

For myself the reliance we have on labels is primitive and holds us back as a species. I champion the cause of disenfranchised minority groups because (referring to Gandhi) how we treat our fellow humans says a lot about us as individuals.

Demonising groups like Trump and his millions of supporters do is returning to a primitive state of mind. For example recently he claimed he would never have a poor person work for him...really? he reflects a mindset that has not evolved. Ultimately the world is divided into people who are self-aware (in terms of self-actualisation) and those who are not.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 7:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As you've had a boyfriend before, why aren't you offended by Lintar? After all, he has you condemned to Hell, already.

Wasn't he just saying what the bible says? Are you offended by the bible?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 7:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn't say that I'm "enthusiastic" about gay people. Just like I'm not enthusiastic, necessarily, about "straight" people. I think of both as "people." I get enthusiastic about individuals, not "people" as a collective, usually.

Gay people have the right to have relationships and be happy. I understand gay relationships intellectually. Emotionally, I still can't see how a man could become romantic with another man. But I don't find it "morally debased" or whatever. I don't think homosexuality is an "abomination." It's just beyond my personal experience.

I've had gay friends in my life. I've been "hit on" by gay men (I didn't like it). I was sexually abused by a man once.

Homosexuality "just is." I'm not enthusiastic about it, nor unenthusiastic.

My wife has a son who is in a "civil partnership" with another man. They are not officially "married." I was late, so I didn't go to the ceremony. I think it's all right that they are together. But I'm not all "rah-rah" about it.

During my university days my only friend was a gay male. Our friendship in 1980s Australia basically had me labelled as gay myself. I knew firsthand how gay people were treated - I was basically ostracised, people would not talk to me, a rather insecure football player who was in my class spat at me once in a University bar when I tried being friendly (he must of thought I was hitting on him?) and told me how much he hated men who were gay? a female associate thought she had good intentions when she wanted to sit with me and talk about the dangers of the AIDS virus?

These ignorant numskulls didn't even stop to think that I wasn't actually gay, I had an openly gay friend. It taught me at a young age that people attribute false characteristics to labels for people they neither understand or want to associate/mix with. This experience is also one of the reasons I am also anti-racist

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 7:36 pm

I know what you mean. I was called "fa***t" all the time, even before I knew what the word meant.

I believe people who bully people for being homosexual should get the full brunt of the law sent against them--just like any bully.

My father once asked me if I was gay, because I had trouble getting a girlfriend. I've had other people doubt my sexuality, too. I've been a heterosexual person since at least the age of 5.