Measure to force the President to undergo a mental exam.

Page 4 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 2:21 am

I think the point of it is to say that it was done or at least asked for. The same with the whole Russia deal. And several other things to be brought up at the next election.

I think if he was actually genuinely mentally unfit for office, proactive measures would already be in affect. The same goes for him being involved in actual genuine treasonous collusion with a foreign government. And so on. They are just monkying around with this stuff.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 3:22 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump has said he's never read anything.

Trump published one book on how to get rich. I perused a copy in a newsagent $2 bin. It's pretty awful.

Could of saved $2, the Trump cheerleaders told us the secret ...

Deal from strength or get crushed every time

From his book, "Art of the Deal".

It's $2 I'll never get back

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 5:01 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Just off the top of my head of books I've read:

Bad Moneys

The Best Horror Of The Year
The Metamorphosis And Other Stories (by the great Franz Kafka)
The Years Best Extreme Horror Stories
Badasases Of The Old West

I'm currently reading Green Eyes. I'm sure there are others. Just what have you read?
It's not just reading, but feeding an intellectual interest one has, even if it doesn't involve making money. I've learned in my time on earth that people who have limited interest in reading have an overall lack of interest in their wider world that doesn't involve money.
I seriously have no problem with someone making money, but I do when that one has no interest in the wider world, especially since such persons think they should be running the country. Let the pick up a book, listen to some music, read some literature, consider that life on earth is millions of years old, worship at a church with written creeds and who use liturgies etc.

I'm an avid reader myself, which I believe has given me my writing skills. I'm usually "channelling" some author I recently read when I write posts. I just wondered about you since you were putting so much emphasis on it. Although I think probably a lot of aspies are bookworms.

I think threre are probably too many conservatives who are readers, to say they don't read. And there are probably too many liberals who are businesspeople, entrepreneurs and investors to say they don't persue making a buck. Seattle is predominantly liberal and it's packed full of luxury homes and automobiles. A lot of the originally lower income areas are being gentrified into million dollar condo complexes and so on. I think most democrat politicians are wealthy. The film and music industries seem dominated by wealthy liberals. Liberal authors such as Stephen King (I've read just about every book he's written) are quite wealthy.

I was hardly talking about all conservatives, but rather those who buy into that right wing populism that disdains intellectuals, and who think the purposeful ignorance of redneck culture is a virtue.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 5:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I was hardly talking about all conservatives, but rather those who buy into that right wing populism that disdains intellectuals, and who think the purposeful ignorance of redneck culture is a virtue.

There is no shortage of small minds on either side of the political spectrum. The "intellectuals" I disdain are those who reside in ivory towers and firmly believe they know what's best for the unwashed masses.
If you were to study commonalities among avid readers, early exposure to reading from parents, friends, etc. would surely be the major influence. I doubt that political affiliation would even warrant mention, unless forced.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 2:42 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

There is no shortage of small minds on either side of the political spectrum. The "intellectuals" I disdain are those who reside in ivory towers and firmly believe they know what's best for the unwashed masses.
If you were to study commonalities among avid readers, early exposure to reading from parents, friends, etc. would surely be the major influence. I doubt that political affiliation would even warrant mention, unless forced.

There are elements of the so called unwashed masses who don't know what's best for themselves. Such as when they allow themselves to be swayed by prejudice to support measures against an unpopular minority, all the while voting against their own economic interests. I might even go the extent of saying that H.L. Mencken had been on the right track. If those unwashed masses can think of me as an effete liberal and parasite, then I should be allowed to hold them in contempt for wallowing in their own ignorance. I am hardly saying, though, that this encompasses all common, ordinary people, as I think I myself qualify as a common, ordinary person.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 5:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
There are elements of the so called unwashed masses who don't know what's best for themselves. Such as when they allow themselves to be swayed by prejudice to support measures against an unpopular minority, all the while voting against their own economic interests.

Tribal leaders have been using this tactic for millenia. Distract the villagers with superstitious nonsense so they don't work out the real reason why there's not enough food to go around

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 6:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
There are elements of the so called unwashed masses who don't know what's best for themselves.
Does that include the ones who make left hand turns at unsignaled intersections while holding a cellphone in one and and a cigarette in the other?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:25 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
There are elements of the so called unwashed masses who don't know what's best for themselves.
Does that include the ones who make left hand turns at unsignaled intersections while holding a cellphone in one and and a cigarette in the other?

Of course it does. Here in Washington state, it's now against the law to drive while speaking on a cell phone. People like that are a menace. And I myself have never been a fan of smoking.

NightEclipse
Raven
Raven

27 Aug 2017, 11:43 am

Charles Schumer and Maxine Waters are just two Democrats who need their own heads examined.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 1:07 pm

NightEclipse wrote:
Charles Schumer and Maxine Waters are just two Democrats who need their own heads examined.

Let's not forget the illustrious Hank Johnson (D-Georgia), who was worried the island of Guam might tip over if too many more people were added. :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 1:11 pm

Darmok wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

Let's not forget the illustrious Hank Johnson (D-Georgia), who was worried the island of Guam might tip over if too many more people were added. :mrgreen:

Are you sure he just wasn't using hyperbole to illustrate a point?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 10:38 pm

Darmok wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

Have we forgotten the stupid things said by former republican vice president Dan Qauyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdqbi66oNuI

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 4:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

Democrats are always using hyperbole and sensationalism along with the left leaning msm. Plenty of chicken little hysteria to be sure. Then they wonder why others don't take them seriously regarding issues like climate change.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 4:40 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

Democrats are always using hyperbole and sensationalism along with the left leaning msm. Plenty of chicken little hysteria to be sure. Then they wonder why others don't take them seriously regarding issues like climate change.

And Republicans aren't guilty of the same sort of hyperbole, but in regard to all "illegal" Mexican immigrants being rapists and drug smugglers, or how gay marriage is going to lead to more pedophilia, or how frightened Muslim refugees are all potential terrorists?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 5:05 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

And Republicans aren't guilty of the same sort of hyperbole, but in regard to all "illegal" Mexican immigrants being rapists and drug smugglers, or how gay marriage is going to lead to more pedophilia, or how frightened Muslim refugees are all potential terrorists?

That sounds like a hysteria strawman set up by the left.

They just don't want foreigners constantly pouring into their country. No one else does either. Try immigrating to Canada. And I think the concern is the left being so anxious to take things from one level to the next ie LGBTQQIAAP and 70 genders to date. All aboard the acceptance tollerence bandwagon Who's next to be added onto the list of passengers?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 5:26 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

That sounds like a hysteria strawman set up by the left.

They just don't want foreigners constantly pouring into their country. No one else does either. Try immigrating to Canada. And I think the concern is the left being so anxious to take things from one level to the next ie LGBTQQIAAP and 70 genders to date. All aboard the acceptance tollerence bandwagon Who's next to be added onto the list of passengers?

Regulating immigration is one thing, while demonizing those immigrants is quite another. And those that seem to be demonized the most by the right are brown people. I've never heard a liberal complain about the problem of the "browning of America."