Measure to force the President to undergo a mental exam.

Page 6 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 2:22 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The term "the browning of America" was first used by right wing racists, and their conservative apologists. Thr primary problem among conservatives regarding racism is their denial that racism is a problem among their rank-and-file. In fact, many conservatives have the absurd idea that whites are the most discriminated against group.
Sure, illegal immigrants are breaking the law, but most of them are hardly the criminal rapists, killers, or drug dealers. Rather, they want a better life for themselves and their children.
By the way, a great many illegals are actually Irish, but you hear nothing about them. As those illegals who are demonized are Latinos, it's hard for one not to think their problem is with brown people.

Whoever coins a phrase is one thing. Whomever uses it the most is another.
So basically if they want a term to spread like wildfire, leave it up to the left to do it for them. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out it originated on 4chan. It seems likely Illegals want to siphon off welfare, which I figure the left would gladly supply them with and add more to the national debt. And yeah you're right, I haven't heard about zillions of Irish pouring through our southern border. I know at one time there were boatloads of them arriving here and that they were utterly despised despite being white. The idea that whites always accept whites and only reject "brown people" is not something that's supported by history.

"The browning of America" is a phrase that predates 4chan by several years. It's been used by racists and nativists on the right, not by liberals. And no, I'm hardly blaming all conservatives for being such hateful creatures.

And yes, the Irish were particularly despised in America back in the 19th century. Today, though, hardly anyone takes notice of those who are illegally in the US.

It's not used by liberals per se, but it sure is repeated by them. It's one of those phrases I never come across anyone else saying except for liberals saying that it's said by others. You say no one is taking notice of illegal Irish immigrants, but I'm seeing a plethora of news stories about it. What more notice is there supposed to be, Trump saying he's going to build a wall around Ireland? Illegal immigration from Central and South America has been a chronic problem for decades. Maybe not in Spokane. But you sure notice it in S. Nevada and S. California. Once peaceful charming little neghborhoods have become dangerous crime infested barrios. Keep in mind a chunk of my family are Spanish speaking "brown people" who agree completely with that assessment.

Are those same far right wingers complaining about illegal immigration from Ireland? I think not.
I hope you're not saying that every illegal Latino immigrant is responsible for all that crime. Just as hardly every Irish or Italian immigrant in 19th century America was responsible for the rampant crime in their ethnic ghettos.

NightEclipse
Raven
Raven

29 Aug 2017, 3:01 pm

If anyone needs a mental exam it's people like Maxine Waters. She's gone off the deep end as of recently.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 8:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The term "the browning of America" was first used by right wing racists, and their conservative apologists. Thr primary problem among conservatives regarding racism is their denial that racism is a problem among their rank-and-file. In fact, many conservatives have the absurd idea that whites are the most discriminated against group.
Sure, illegal immigrants are breaking the law, but most of them are hardly the criminal rapists, killers, or drug dealers. Rather, they want a better life for themselves and their children.
By the way, a great many illegals are actually Irish, but you hear nothing about them. As those illegals who are demonized are Latinos, it's hard for one not to think their problem is with brown people.

So basically if they want a term to spread like wildfire, leave it up to the left to do it for them. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out it originated on 4chan. It seems likely Illegals want to siphon off welfare, which I figure the left would gladly supply them with and add more to the national debt. And yeah you're right, I haven't heard about zillions of Irish pouring through our southern border. I know at one time there were boatloads of them arriving here and that they were utterly despised despite being white. The idea that whites always accept whites and only reject "brown people" is not something that's supported by history.

"The browning of America" is a phrase that predates 4chan by several years. It's been used by racists and nativists on the right, not by liberals. And no, I'm hardly blaming all conservatives for being such hateful creatures.

And yes, the Irish were particularly despised in America back in the 19th century. Today, though, hardly anyone takes notice of those who are illegally in the US.

It's not used by liberals per se, but it sure is repeated by them. It's one of those phrases I never come across anyone else saying except for liberals saying that it's said by others. You say no one is taking notice of illegal Irish immigrants, but I'm seeing a plethora of news stories about it. What more notice is there supposed to be, Trump saying he's going to build a wall around Ireland? Illegal immigration from Central and South America has been a chronic problem for decades. Maybe not in Spokane. But you sure notice it in S. Nevada and S. California. Once peaceful charming little neghborhoods have become dangerous crime infested barrios. Keep in mind a chunk of my family are Spanish speaking "brown people" who agree completely with that assessment.

Are those same far right wingers complaining about illegal immigration from Ireland? I think not.
I hope you're not saying that every illegal Latino immigrant is responsible for all that crime. Just as hardly every Irish or Italian immigrant in 19th century America was responsible for the rampant crime in their ethnic ghettos.

I have no idea what far right extremist people talk about. Except for what you and others say about it. Massive illegal immigration from central and south America is a problem that has gotten progressively worse over the decades. It's something that needs better tougher controls.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 10:07 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I have no idea what far right extremist people talk about. Except for what you and others say about it. Massive illegal immigration from central and south America is a problem that has gotten progressively worse over the decades. It's something that needs better tougher controls.

It's actually begun falling off, but you wouldn't know that listening to Trump.
Right wing extremists talk about how whites are the most discriminated against group thanks to growing numbers of non-white Americans, and how immigration - legal and illegal - is out of control.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 11:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Right wing extremists talk about how whites are the most discriminated against group thanks to growing numbers of non-white Americans, and how immigration - legal and illegal - is out of control.

Good. Racism/bigotry is falling off too. But you wouldn't know that listening to the left. Extremists say/think all kinds of extreme stuff, whether they be on the right or the left; it's pretty much a prerequisite for being an extremist.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 12:21 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Good. Racism/bigotry is falling off too. But you wouldn't know that listening to the left. Extremists say/think all kinds of extreme stuff, whether they be on the right or the left; it's pretty much a prerequisite for being an extremist.

No, if anything, racism has gotten a resurgence. First with the bigoted reaction to Obama, which included the idiocy of birtherism led by Trump, and now with Trump's election, which racists have been emboldened by with his coded language about minorities. Yes, extremists say extreme things, but that extremism on the right has had new life breathed into it in recent years.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 2:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No, if anything, racism has gotten a resurgence. First with the bigoted reaction to Obama, which included the idiocy of birtherism led by Trump, and now with Trump's election, which racists have been emboldened by with his coded language about minorities. Yes, extremists say extreme things, but that extremism on the right has had new life breathed into it in recent years.

The fact that a black man was elected twice was a huge leap forward. But there are those who won't acknowledge that because not everyone was on board with it. As far as the birther thing goes it sems the conclusion is it was the possibility of Obama being born in Kenya that made it racist. As if the forgien country in question had been Canada, no one would have changed it. I think the point was to find some way of disqualifying a democrat president. Considering the umpteen desperate attemts at play to disqualify Trump, the left is just doing the same thing but to a much more extensive degree. And I can't say much about "coded language" since that's such a subjective term. But I know people of my generation are overall a lot less racist than people of your generation. But it feels like people of your generation want to cling onto stuff and keep the problem alive to have something to protest. It's like the annual marijuana protest in Seattle called Hempfest. The protest festival is still being heald, even though pot is legal now. People are asking "why the hell is there still Hempfest?". The reason seems to be that some folks thrive on having a cause to fight for, even if the problem doesn't exist any longer.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 3:04 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

The fact that a black man was elected twice was a huge leap forward. But there are those who won't acknowledge that because not everyone was on board with it. As far as the birther thing goes it sems the conclusion is it was the possibility of Obama being born in Kenya that made it racist. As if the forgien country in question had been Canada, no one would have changed it. I think the point was to find some way of disqualifying a democrat president. Considering the umpteen desperate attemts at play to disqualify Trump, the left is just doing the same thing but to a much more extensive degree. And I can't say much about "coded language" since that's such a subjective term. But I know people of my generation are overall a lot less racist than people of your generation. But it feels like people of your generation want to cling onto stuff and keep the problem alive to have something to protest. It's like the annual marijuana protest in Seattle called Hempfest. The protest festival is still being heald, even though pot is legal now. People are asking "why the hell is there still Hempfest?". The reason seems to be that some folks thrive on having a cause to fight for, even if the problem doesn't exist any longer.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada but Trump went after him on his fathers alleged link to the JFK assassination.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 4:37 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Ted Cruz was born in Canada but Trump went after him on his fathers alleged link to the JFK assassination.

Whereas if Cruz had been born in a country where "brown people" live, then Trump would have made an issue of that instead. Or perhaps it was a matter of the birther card having already been played out.

And come to think of it, wasn't Trump's father allegedly linked to the kkk?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:37 am

EzraS wrote:

Daddy certainly passed all his good o'l home spun xenophobia to his son

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:37 am

Wait a minute..that wasn't click bait was it?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Daddy certainly passed all his good o'l home spun xenophobia to his son

I'm sure he was a very evil white man.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:08 am

Fred Trump, to me was a "typical" racist of his time and place.

I grew up in the same city as both Fred and Donald.

He wasn't really keen on black people.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Fred Trump, to me was a "typical" racist of his time and place.

I grew up in the same city as both Fred and Donald.

He wasn't really keen on black people.

How does growing in the same city make you aware of that?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:51 am

Because of the way he talks.

He talks like people I grew up with. The same terminology.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:53 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Because of the way he talks.

He talks like people I grew up with. The same terminology.

Such as?