Daycare workers turn themselves in after allegedly taunting

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 12:22 pm

Who is worse the who did the kicking or the one who stood around taking the video?
Daycare workers turn themselves in after allegedly taunting boy with autism
"Update on Sept. 22, 2017: WINTER HAVEN, Fla. - Two child care workers shown on Snapchat video taunting and abusing a child with autism have turned themselves into the Winter Haven Police Department.
Alexus Henderson and Kaderrica Smith were teacher's aides at Our Children's of Winter Haven, a private school for students with special needs."

http://www.wtsp.com/news/crime/winter-h ... /477618147

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 6:05 pm

I'm glad the b*****s turned themselves in. Once a bully, always a bully. I think bullies like to get into the special education field so they can bully special needs kids, especially autistic kids.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 6:17 pm

I read a couple articles about this - they didn't just taunt the kid, they beat him up, dropping him with leg sweeps and stuff like that. He's diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant disorder (as am I), so he may be difficult and argumentative and even seem downright bratty, but they had him crying under the table and were dragging him out from under it just to pick on him, beat him, and give him hell. Whatever they get, it probably won't be what they deserve. They're scumbags who should never have been hired to care for children at all, much less disabled children.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 8:59 pm

will@rd wrote:
He's diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant disorder

Quote:
Signs and Symptoms of ODD. Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is a childhood disorder that is defined by a pattern of hostile, disobedient, and defiant behaviors directed at adults or other authority figures. ODD is also characterized by children displaying angry and irritable moods, as well as argumentative and vindictive behaviors.

This doesn't sound like a 'disorder' at all, but normal behaviour. Why has unconventional behaviour become 'dysfunctional' or a 'disorder'? Is there anyone on the planet who is actually normal anymore and doesn't have a condition of some kind?

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:56 pm

Lintar wrote:
will@rd wrote:
He's diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant disorder

Quote:
Signs and Symptoms of ODD. Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is a childhood disorder that is defined by a pattern of hostile, disobedient, and defiant behaviors directed at adults or other authority figures. ODD is also characterized by children displaying angry and irritable moods, as well as argumentative and vindictive behaviors.

This doesn't sound like a 'disorder' at all, but normal behaviour. Why has unconventional behaviour become 'dysfunctional' or a 'disorder'? Is there anyone on the planet who is actually normal anymore and doesn't have a condition of some kind?

Not all that normal, really. I raised three kids and only one of them displayed that kind of behavior (to a far greater extreme than I ever did). He was angry and unhappy all the time, never appeared to think of anyone else, and blamed everyone but himself when his most selfish schemes blew up in his face. OTOH, he was pathetically approval-seeking when it came to manipulative peers, who dominated and used him. His defiance was directed solely at authority figures, and there was no compromise or solution that was ever acceptable to him. It was heartbreaking to see a human being wallow in such self-destructive and counter-productive behavior.

The other two were perfectly agreeable pretty much all the time. They never threw tantrums, or had emotional meltdowns of any kind, were rarely surly, and didn't display any sort of defiance until at least their teenage years, and even then not enough to cause any family chaos.