Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

eeVenye
Raven
Raven

26 Nov 2017, 7:21 pm

[url="http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/24/mother-wins-9000000-for-wrongful-birth-to-baby-who-should-not-have-been-born-7105090/"]Mother awarded £9,000,000 in 'wrongful birth' lawsuit[/url], wanted more money for not detecting son's autism, would have aborted had she known he would have it, on top of her desire not to have a child with hemophilia.

eeVenye
Raven
Raven

26 Nov 2017, 7:24 pm

Mother awarded £9,000,000 in 'wrongful birth' lawsuit (fixed link)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 12:59 am

eeVenye wrote:
wanted more money for not detecting son's autism, would have aborted had she known he would have it, on top of her desire not to have a child with hemophilia.

getting greedy...somebody will hopefully tell her there is no test for autism

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 2:45 am

The money was awarded for failure to diagnose hemophilia. The first judge only awarded one the costs for raising a hemophilac. The high court judge added the autism raising costs because she said the mother would not have had to incur those costs if the child was not born.

Unfortunately this type of “consumer eugenics” is going to become more and more common as technology advances. Disabled peoples right to be born is considered secondary to the mothers right to do what she wishes with her body.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

traven
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 2:48 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The money was awarded for failure to diagnose hemophilia. The first judge only awarded one the costs for raising a hemophilac. The high court judge added the autism raising costs because she said the mother would not have had to incur those costs if the child was not born.

Unfortunately this type of “consumer eugenics” is going to become more and more common as technology advances. Disabled peoples right to be born is considered secondary to the mothers right to do what she wishes with her body.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 9:25 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Yeah but think about the free of defect pure Master Race it has the potential to create.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 9:50 am

Any species that’s “pure” is going to become extinct because of its inability to adjust to adversity.

A species without mutations is a dead species.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 1:08 pm

EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Yeah but think about the free of defect pure Master Race it has the potential to create.

Advances in eugenics could also be used to not have politically incorrect people born or have the politically incorrect views gene edited out. It is at best problematic that this could be more than partially done because environmental factors shape political views, but if the technology becomes available people will try to use it.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 10:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Any species that’s “pure” is going to become extinct because of its inability to adjust to adversity.

A species without mutations is a dead species.

Of course, Ken Ham will tell you that kind of evolution talk comes from the fiery pit of HELL!! !! :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 3:22 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Advances in eugenics could also be used to not have politically incorrect people born or have the politically incorrect views gene edited out. It is at best problematic that this could be more than partially done because environmental factors shape political views, but if the technology becomes available people will try to use it.

What I was thinking in terms of genetic manipulation to obtain a desirable type of human, was Joseph Mengele's attempts at this. To breed out the inferior to create a pure Aryan master race.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 3:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
What I was thinking in terms of genetic manipulation to obtain a desirable type of human, was Joseph Mengele's attempts at this. To breed out the inferior to create a pure Aryan master race.

Hitler would have been aghast if he knew that an original pure "aryan" actually looked brown like most east Indians

but I guess Nazism was a doctrine created in beer halls of pre-war Germany so what do you expect

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 2:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Hitler would have been aghast if he knew that an original pure "aryan" actually looked brown like most east Indians

but I guess Nazism was a doctrine created in beer halls of pre-war Germany so what do you expect

I member finding that real confusing when I first came across the Indian version. They used the swastika quite a lot too. It's weird that Hitler would use East Indian terms and symbols to represent supreme Nordicism. Then again he was nuts.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 11:22 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I member finding that real confusing when I first came across the Indian version. They used the swastika quite a lot too. It's weird that Hitler would use East Indian terms and symbols to represent supreme Nordicism. Then again he was nuts.

That's because the Indo-Europeans - or Aryans as they were called by Nazis - had spread out of central Asia in both directions, spreading their genes, religious ideas, and language everywhere they went, including Europe.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 3:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
That's because the Indo-Europeans - or Aryans as they were called by Nazis - had spread out of central Asia in both directions, spreading their genes, religious ideas, and language everywhere they went, including Europe.

EzraS wrote:

Nazism was founded by Johanne Fichte to bolster german "volk" against the tyranny of Napolean Bonaparte and the occupying French
But the European concept of "Aryan race" was founded by a French aristocrat Arthur de Gobineau and eagerly taken up by the German Johanne Herder disseminating the same philosophy to Germans willing to listen.

Gobineau believed some rather dumb things like the ancestors of the Aryans set forth from the icy north of Europe and bestowed on the ancient Indians their culture (despite the fact Odin/thor was borrowed from the hindu Indra/agni not to mention the swastika was in India for thousands of years). He also believed aryans founded christianity (behind every good racist there's a christian nutcase) and that the Jews stole the holy book for themselves (the latter is rather comical)

Hence cultural appropriation from the so called degenerative races kick start this wonderful philosophy of stealing other cultures ideas reached it's pinnacle in Charlottesville recently where bored college students purchased polynesian tikki torches from kmart to promote "white pride"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 4:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

EzraS wrote:

Nazism was founded by Johanne Fichte to bolster german "volk" against the tyranny of Napolean Bonaparte and the occupying French
But the European concept of "Aryan race" was founded by a French aristocrat Arthur de Gobineau and eagerly taken up by the German Johanne Herder disseminating the same philosophy to Germans willing to listen.

Gobineau believed some rather dumb things like the ancestors of the Aryans set forth from the icy north of Europe and bestowed on the ancient Indians their culture (despite the fact Odin/thor was borrowed from the hindu Indra/agni not to mention the swastika was in India for thousands of years). He also believed aryans founded christianity (behind every good racist there's a christian nutcase) and that the Jews stole the holy book for themselves (the latter is rather comical)

Hence cultural appropriation from the so called degenerative races kick start this wonderful philosophy of stealing other cultures ideas reached it's pinnacle in Charlottesville recently where bored college students purchased polynesian tikki torches from kmart to promote "white pride"

Well, I personally wouldn't use the term cultural appropriation, as those practitioners of northern paganism in fact were themselves the descendants of Indo-European migrants, albeit mixed with other populations, hence their blue eyes and fair skin once they arrived in Europe in the late Neolithic/Bronze Age. Hence the Germanic gods and the Hindu gods were originally one in the same, as were the gods of Greece, Rome, the Celts, and Slavs, and along with it, the swastika as a symbol of lightening. In fact, as the swastika can be found in Native American cultures, as well as in east Asia, it can be argued that it is a very old symbol predating the Indo-Europeans by a long time.
Gobineau was of course full of sh*t. Rather than originating in the frigid European north, Germanic peoples are a product of a prehistoric melting pot consisting of Cromagnon descendants of mostly the I haplogroups, and the two different waves of Indo-European invaders, such as the Linear Pottery people or Battle Axe People who had come across the eastern European steppe (think modern day Slavs) of the R1A haplogroup, and the Unetice culture of central Europe that had come out of the Caspian and Black seas region originally, who were of haplogroup R1b (which also included the Celts, Greeks, and Latins). Even the haplogroup I descendants of Ice Age hunter/gatherers had apparently come out of Paleolithic North Africa, and had immigrated northward over a long period of centuries as the glaciers receded.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 1:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, I personally wouldn't use the term cultural appropriation,

I was specifically referring to Gobineau and his nazi philosophical descendants, rather than the inhabitants of northern Europe themselves

Kraichgauer wrote:
as those practitioners of northern paganism in fact were themselves the descendants of Indo-European migrants, albic/Bronze Age.

I think the advent of "sky gods" into northern Europe coincides with the introduction of agriculture. The pre-agricultural neolithic population of northern Europe worshipped nature, trees and an assortment of elves, pixies, fairies and trolls and other "magical beings". The Indo-Europeans introduced planting of crops in Scandanavia around 5000 years ago which now mean't people had to watch the sky/stars and seasons for when to plant seeds which mean't they were beholden to the gods of the sky (Odin the allfather).

Kraichgauer wrote:
Hence the Germanic gods and the Hindu gods were originally one in the same, as were the gods of Greece, Rome, the Celts, and Slavs, and along with it, the swastika as a symbol of lightening. In fact, as the swastika can be found in Native American cultures, as well as in east Asia, it can be argued that it is a very old symbol predating the Indo-Europeans by a long time.

Ageed

Kraichgauer wrote:
Gobineau was of course full of sh*t. Rather than originating in the frigid European north, Germanic peoples are a product of a prehistoric melting pot consisting of Cromagnon descendants of mostly the I haplogroups, and the two different waves of Indo-European invaders, such as the Linear Pottery people or Battle Axe People who had come across the eastern European steppe (think modern day Slavs) of the R1A haplogroup, and the Unetice culture of central Europe that had come out of the Caspian and Black seas region originally, who were of haplogroup R1b (which also included the Celts, Greeks, and Latins). Even the haplogroup I descendants of Ice Age hunter/gatherers had apparently come out of Paleolithic North Africa, and had immigrated northward over a long period of centuries as the glaciers receded.

agreed again