Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 12:58 pm

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... salem-vote

We don't take money from the USA
We don't want money from the USA
We provide resources to the USA free of charge for their security
We won't be intimidated by bullying threats from Trump
And he can take back his shonky, completely inappropriate choice of "ambassador" to NZ too, and send one who is housetrained and knows how to behave decently around women (ie not like Trump)
92% of New Zealanders believe Trump is a disaster

New Zealand voted NO. No to the Zionist policy that Trump is a puppet for and no to Trump. Fears of Trump's dictator tendencies and capacity to cause great harm are not misplaced. Trump's delusion that he is God's gift to women seems now to be cancerously spreading into another delusion that he is God's gift to the world. To alienate the closest allies which supply vital security information to the USA for its benefit potentially endangers USA citizens and their future could be very much jepoardised in the future by Trump's megalomaniac behaviours such as this latest intemperate outburst.

Since Trump's unfortunate election, rich Americans like Peter Theil have been buying citzenship and luxury bolthole properties here as an insurance policy for themselves in case things turn to crap in the USA. With our recent change of government and Prime Minister, that bolthole will very likely be closed to them in the very near future. In my lifetime, New Zealand's historical regard for the USA is now at its lowest levels, trust and respect have been severely damaged by Trump's bombastic and self-serving behaviour. Even if he learns the error of his ways, it will be at least a generation before any respect for the USA returns, given the extent of disgust nationally felt here.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 7:06 pm

Luckily Australia abstained from voting - we still need US dollars

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 7:10 pm

The only American dollars we want is tax paid to on the huge profits companies like Apple make in New Zealand and pay no tax on at all. How convenient for them.. Do they get away with it in Australia too?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 7:15 pm

The United States (and other nations) needs to get back to moderate governing.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 8:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Luckily Australia abstained from voting - we still need US dollars

Please elucidate.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 8:58 pm

B19 wrote:
The only American dollars we want is tax paid to on the huge profits companies like Apple make in New Zealand and pay no tax on at all. How convenient for them.. Do they get away with it in Australia too?

They used to dodge tax in Australia but when the Tax office clamped down on them this is what happened
https://www.crn.com.au/news/apple-austr ... ent-449173

It's really a dilemma as most of us want Apple to pay their fair share

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 9:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
B19 wrote:

They used to dodge tax in Australia but when the Tax office clamped down on them this is what happened
https://www.crn.com.au/news/apple-austr ... ent-449173

It's really a dilemma as most of us want Apple to pay their fair share

I do not see the link between Apple and letting the US monster the Palestinian people and threaten countries who vote against them. I was appalled that our government abstained. What a bunch of craven cowards. We do not need the US. They need us because they want bases in our region. We should have voted with honor, not slunk off quietly like a cowed dog.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 10:53 pm

I agree that Australia should have had the b...s to vote no, though given the history of Oz sucking up to the USA, it's not surprising, more surprising is that Canada also abstained.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 11:36 pm

bunnyb wrote:
I was appalled that our government abstained. What a bunch of craven cowards. We do not need the US. They need us because they want bases in our region. We should have voted with honor, not slunk off quietly like a cowed dog.

B19 wrote:
I agree that Australia should have had the b...s to vote no, though given the history of Oz sucking up to the USA, it's not surprising, more surprising is that Canada also abstained.

There must be an economic imperative that both the Canadian and Australian governments probably don't wan't to risk endangering their economies through not getting trade deals ratified or losing investment etc...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 2:58 am

I do not think it is loss of money they are afraid of, it is getting incinerated they are afraid of.

I would not put it past Trump to nuke a country out of spite. North Korea and China have not been nuked yet because they can fight back.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 3:21 am

I think our greatest threat of incineration comes from Trump being a dick. I'm starting to wonder if he is in fact the Antichrist. He's taunted North Korea, inflamed the Middle East, upset Britain and a whole host of other countries. It's almost like some macabre joke. How can one man cause so much drama.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 5:08 am

He will probably lead the USA into a terrible war. I feel sorry for the USA.

ThisYear
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Dec 2017, 6:14 am

New Zealand definitely have the fairest, unbiased and most national given response here.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 9:33 am

AspieUtah wrote:

Agreed. There is no real consensus in the legislative branch, and both parties are pursuing their own agendas at the expense of the American People. --As a Nation we are polarised.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 9:51 am

Fogman wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Agreed. There is no real consensus in the legislative branch, and both parties are pursuing their own agendas at the expense of the American People. --As a Nation we are polarised.

U.S. citizens are seemingly so disgusted with all political parties that the parties have resorted to turning their politics into sports with its red-blue colorings, its relatively few angry, "loyal" partisans and inability to accomplish anything. The inmates are running the asylum. If a new, unknown Eisenhower came forward, he or she would likely win the presidency.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 10:00 am

Fogman wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

As a whole we are getting the government we deserve. Sure we were egged on and our basis insticts exploited, but these instincts were there and we allowed ourselves to be exploited. We agreed to give away our privacy out of fear and convenience, we voted for the terrible candidates or stayed home, we care much much much more about the Kardasians then our government, we decided that people on the other side are liberals or wingnuts and morons.

Everybody says they want moderation and compromise but our actions say the opposite.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman