Page 14 of 14 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

trickle down econonics- a fairy tale, or what?
trickle down benefits the 99% :idea: 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
trickle down benefits only the 1% :x 82%  82%  [ 28 ]
i'm not sure :shrug: 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
where's my ice cream? :chef: 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 34

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 12:42 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
You've already taken the bait, but you don't have to throw yourselves into the fishing boat.

The video missed that the CPI calculation is changing to the "Chained CPI", which will hurt people.

"The chained CPI: Another secret tax hike for the middle class slipped into the GOP tax bills"
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik ... story.html

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 12:03 am

(clicky)just when you think those crooked GOPers couldn't sink any lower-
buried in the GOP tax scam is a real stinker of a bonus for American multinationals who ship jobs overseas- per the new law, income made by American companies’ overseas subsidiaries will face United States taxes that are half the rate applied to their domestic income, 10.5 percent compared with the new top corporate rate of 21 percent. under the new rules, beyond the lower rate, companies will not have to pay United States taxes on the money they earn from plants or equipment located abroad, if those earnings amount to 10 percent or less of the total investment. This will have the effect of ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING, American companies from shipping American jobs overseas. the GOP is KILLING US!! :evil:

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 12:11 am

Mr.auntblabby, if I may say the following, a great many companies tend to use a variety of legal loopholes to either avoid paying the maximum tax or as I often say to a family member of mine, they(large corporations) simply redirect their money which; means putting it in tax havens or shelters across the entire planet.
Heck that is what Apple has been doing for decades now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 12:15 am

kazanscube wrote:
Mr.auntblabby, if I may say the following, a great many companies tend to use a variety of legal loopholes to either avoid paying the maximum tax or as I often say to a family member of mine, they(large corporations) simply redirect their money which; means putting it in tax havens or shelters across the entire planet. Heck that is what Apple has been doing for decades now.

what the Greedy Oligarchic Psychopaths just did amplifies the evils of that.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 12:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
kazanscube wrote:
Mr.auntblabby, if I may say the following, a great many companies tend to use a variety of legal loopholes to either avoid paying the maximum tax or as I often say to a family member of mine, they(large corporations) simply redirect their money which; means putting it in tax havens or shelters across the entire planet. Heck that is what Apple has been doing for decades now.

what the Greedy Oligarchic Psychopaths just did amplifies the evils of that.

Yes, Mr. Jackass has to appease the Koch's and Mercer family members just to name a few along with G.E. and several other corporate entities

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 12:58 am

and their supporters see this as a salient feature and not a sin. god have mercy on what passes for their souls.