Trump in 'excellent health,' White House doctor says.

Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 8:08 pm

Bad news for some I'm sure. Despite wolfing down cheeseburgers, taco bowls and guzzling soda pop. It looks like President Trump passed his first annual physical examination.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1F1164

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 8:28 pm

Here's to seven more vigorous years at least! :D

There Are Four Lights!

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 8:52 pm

For those here who are dismayed at the prospect of him being the President until 2024, just spare a thought for the poor Russians who are stuck with President Putrid until the day he decides he's had enough of the job, whilst so many of his cretinous supporters in the West (like at the "Russia Insider" website) think he's the greatest thing to happen to Russia since it first became a nation. :eew: :wall: :pale:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 6:37 pm

I read a headline that said Trump lied about his health so that his BMI didn't calculate into the Obese range.

Personally, I don't believe he's in "excellent health." I do believe that this press release is positive spin PR, as can be expected. Physically, he may be in OK health, his blood pressure/cholesterol etc may be within healthy ranges - but there's no way that his body composition can be considered as in "excellent health." He's mildly obese & that comes with health consequences.

They refused to do any sort of psychiatric evaluation. I understand why. MASSIVE pressure from Trump not to. It would be career ending for the doctor. However, given Trump's erratic nature I feel the doctor has done a disservice to the American people and the world at large by not requiring some sort of mental assessment to ensure he's fit to carry out his duties w/o endangering the lives of everyone on Earth via provoking nuclear war. I understand why doctors would opt not to do the assessment if they're not obligated to, but I feel their reasons are self serving & not in the best interest of the USA or the world.

Yes, I am biased. I don't believe he is mentally fit to run the Trump organization, never mind the USA. No, I'm not a psychiatrist. I'm simply a human on this planet who doesn't want to see some mentally unstable man provoke a nuclear war, whether Trump or Kim or some other unstable imbalanced person.

Also, doctors reports can spew all the BS they want. They can say he's in "excellent health," because that's what he wants them to say for obvious reasons, but in the end IF he's not in excellent health there is no escaping the consequences. He could fall ill or have a heart attack etc if he's in rough medical shape regardless of what's on paper. So, in the physical sense, what's on paper doesn't really matter. Only what actually happens to his body does. I do not WANT him to be sick, I just don't believe that a fat old man who eats McDonald's frequently & barely exercises is in "excellent health." I'd believe "mediocre," at best. And I certainly do not believe he's mentally fit & do believe the mental competency test was avoided because the doctor(s) likely believe the same and were pressured by Trump, or themselves and their rational self interest, not to go there. I HOPE that the worst thing that happens because of Trump's failing mental health is that he gets removed from office under the 25th amendment and that the world does not incur loss of human life/nuclear holocaust because of it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 8:15 pm

It is quite difficult legally to force someone to have a psych exam. Autistics especially should not want that to change. Nothing that shocks everybody during his presidency is anything different from what he said as candidate. While I would not hire him for anything he was elected in spite of and because of who he is. A forced psych exam or his removal for psych reasons are reminiscent of communist ways of nullifying political opponents and will be seen as a coup by a large minority of the American population leading who knows what short and long term consequences and could set a very bad precedent.

While it would not surprise me in the least if the doctors report is a cover up it might very well be correct as he ran a very vigorous campaign without obvious physical collapse unlike Hillary which might have tipped the election.

Until at least 2021 we got to rely on the generals to talk him out a tantrum nuke launch or be willing to be executed or spend the rest of their lives in prison for refusing an order. The worst part is everytime the “resistance” blocks him it increases the chance of him totally losing it. Horrific situation but it is what it is.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 10:25 pm

It's the standard yearly phsyical presidents take. The findings will be published Tuesday. No set up. Nor is Putin involved. Just standard operating procedure.

I don't think there's anything in the constitution saying the president is supposed to be an Adonis or whatever. Especially one who's 71 years old.

Anyways I thought liberals were supposed to be against body shaming.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 10:32 pm

Liberals are the most hateful group I ever met...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 10:55 pm

If we ever have a plus size woman as president, the liberals would be outraged by anyone saying anything about her body mass or what she eats etc. Absolutely furious going on about body-shaming and fatophobia etc.

But since it's a man and a republican, he's fair game and it's encouraged.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 11:01 pm

He doesn't look very healthy, perhaps he need a napkin made of fried chicken to wipe is face, but then even that may not get rid of the orange.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 11:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
He doesn't look very healthy, perhaps he need a napkin made of fried chicken to wipe is face, but then even that may not get rid of the orange.

Perfect example of why I don't take most of what liberals say against Trump seriously.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 11:20 pm

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Perfect example of why I don't take most of what liberals say against Trump seriously.

Well IDK anymore the government can commit political suicide if they want to...that's just fine.

I know of edible plants, and of course animal meat is edible so if worse comes to worse...I guess its off into the woods I go.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 12:31 am

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Do you have a better idea about how Trump can get the orange off his face?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 7:44 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
It is quite difficult legally to force someone to have a psych exam. Autistics especially should not want that to change.

We're not talking about psych exams for all. We're talking about making sure that the POTUS is mentally fit to carry out his duties - which if they're not (regardless of whether it's 45 or some past/future POTUS) then they shouldn't be in the oval office. There could be grave consequences otherwise.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 11:15 am

EzraS wrote:
If we ever have a plus size woman as president, the liberals would be outraged by anyone saying anything about her body mass or what she eats etc. Absolutely furious going on about body-shaming and fatophobia etc.

But since it's a man and a republican, he's fair game and it's encouraged.

Sarah Palin would disagree about people feeling outraged about woman politicians being criticized for personal stuff.

While some of is because he is a Republican anybody no matter what party who is that abravise would get attacked on very personal stuff.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 5:02 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
It is quite difficult legally to force someone to have a psych exam. Autistics especially should not want that to change.

We're not talking about psych exams for all. We're talking about making sure that the POTUS is mentally fit to carry out his duties - which if they're not (regardless of whether it's 45 or some past/future POTUS) then they shouldn't be in the oval office. There could be grave consequences otherwise.

Undoing an election based on the judgement of psychologists/psychiatrists, Wow. Who would appoint these people to have such an awesome responsibility? We have had multiple chances not to have this happen. There are procedures that involve elected officials for getting rid of him.

Everything can’t be fixed, sometimes mistakes are made whose consequences are horrific and irreversible.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 9:25 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Personally, I don't believe he's in "excellent health."

goldfish21 wrote:
And I certainly do not believe he's mentally fit & do believe the mental competency test was avoided because the doctor(s) likely believe the same and were pressured by Trump, or themselves and their rational self interest, not to go there. I HOPE that the worst thing that happens because of Trump's failing mental health is that he gets removed from office under the 25th amendment and that the world does not incur loss of human life/nuclear holocaust because of it.

So, you're a doctor then. I didn't know. What makes YOU qualified to speak about things like this? Would you have said any of what you do in your post about Presidents Obama or Clinton?

Well, I happen to believe (even though, like yourself, I am not a psychiatrist) that President Trump is in perfect health mentally. Physically too. I don't know this for sure, and I am by no means qualified to assess him like this, but... well, that's what I believe, so it must be true.