At least 17 dead in Florida School Shooting

Page 16 of 18 [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 12:04 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
okay.

mexico and south africa are still far more violent countries. i'd pick america over china anyday too, there's more to firearms violence than school shootings

This may be true... but there is literally no worse place on the planet than America to be a student when it comes to getting shot at school.

I'm sure there are nations with higher rates of people under 18yo being shot, but not in schools where they're supposed to be safe to study.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 12:08 pm

There's a lot more likely ways to be killed than by being shot, but since guns are "icky"...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 12:11 pm

Raptor wrote:
There's a lot more likely ways to be killed than by being shot, but since guns are "icky"...

Which other method is murdering school children at a higher rate in the USA today?

It seems that, by the numbers, being shot & killed is the MOST LIKELY way to be murdered in an American public school today. Church, too, for that matter.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 5:54 pm

The Latest:

Quote:
The suspect in the mass shooting at a Florida high school refused to let the district continue providing him with mental health services after he turned 18 and the superintendent of schools says federal law kept them from doing anything about it.

Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie tells the Sun Sentinel "You can't make someone do something when the law says they have the right to make that determination."

Nikolas Cruz, now 19, is accused killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Valentine's Day.

Runcie says Cruz had attended a school with programs for emotionally and disabled students, and returned to Douglas in August 2016. By November, he says the "situation had deteriorated." With the support of his mother, Cruz refused special needs services and remained at the school until February 2017.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 6:10 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Which other method is murdering school children at a higher rate in the USA today?

It seems that, by the numbers, being shot & killed is the MOST LIKELY way to be murdered in an American public school today. Church, too, for that matter.

Drugs.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 6:19 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
okay.

mexico and south africa are still far more violent countries. i'd pick america over china anyday too, there's more to firearms violence than school shootings

I suspect a lot of gun violence in these countries relates to criminals shooting each other,whereas in the US it's innocent people who are victims.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 6:28 pm

pluto wrote:
I suspect a lot of gun violence in these countries relates to criminals shooting each other,whereas in the US it's innocent people who are victims.

Negative, it's mostly gang related for homicides with a gun... Even then, most gun deaths are suicide.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 7:30 pm

SH90 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Drugs.

Drugs have been weaponized now? Like what are we talking about.. blow darts loaded with fentanyl? :?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 7:41 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
SH90 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Drugs.

Drugs have been weaponized now? Like what are we talking about.. blow darts loaded with fentanyl? :?

Legally Yeah
Drug dealers increasingly charged with murder in overdose cases

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 10:57 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
SH90 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Drugs.

Legally Yeah
Drug dealers increasingly charged with murder in overdose cases

Sooo.. since tainted/potent drugs kill, they’re illegal. Why aren’t guns that have the express purpose of being a lethal weapon?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 1:46 am

Stephen Colbert's tweet:

Quote:
Stephen Colbert

@StephenAtHome
I’m surprised the NRA was affiliated with car rental companies at all, considering Hertz and Avis enforce tyrannical rules like "age restrictions" and "having a license."
7:06 PM - Feb 26, 2018
54.7K people are talking about this

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/step ... b368c4fadb

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 4:41 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Sooo.. since tainted/potent drugs kill, they’re illegal. Why aren’t guns that have the express purpose of being a lethal weapon?

Because there is legit legal purposes for gun ownership that 99% of law abiding gun owners enjoy...

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 4:42 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Stephen Colbert's tweet:

Quote:
Stephen Colbert

@StephenAtHome
I’m surprised the NRA was affiliated with car rental companies at all, considering Hertz and Avis enforce tyrannical rules like "age restrictions" and "having a license."
7:06 PM - Feb 26, 2018
54.7K people are talking about this

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/step ... b368c4fadb

Cars are a privilege and guns are a right.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 4:56 am

goldfish21 wrote:
SH90 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Drugs.

overdoses, dude. abuse. lives ruined because of addiction or a bad deal.

you might be a responsible user, but many younger than you cannot say the same.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 5:05 am

SH90 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Because there is legit legal purposes for gun ownership that 99% of law abiding gun owners enjoy...

So then why are you opposed to stricter regulations on non-law abiding users?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 5:28 am

Because those regulations do nothing to prevent violent crimes and only negatively affect those who abide the law. In most instances turning many hard working Americans into overnight felons. Criminals have a complete disregard for the law and will only ignore them... America’s biggest problem in recent years, is going soft on violent criminals. Allowing them to plea down to a lesser charge and in some instances, they can still come out and leagaly buy a firearm.