Page 2 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 6:31 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
I Get the feeling you are just one of those Anti Western people who get their news from RT. They didn't have a Referendum to join Russia, Russia invaded and then they had a referendum which by no means is legal, voting under duress is not legitimate.

Obvious Russian troll is obvious. Do not feed him.

RT == same disinformation campaign by far right extremists as Fox "news".

I wouldn't Fox News far right, they have some idiots on there such as Bill O'Reilly but isn't really far right. Tucker Carlson is awesome though.

In comparison to the rest of the world, Fox "news" is extremely far right and as manipulative like RT and North Korean Central TV. Americans sometimes talk of "the left". The thing is, there is NOTHING in that country that is left. Democrats are right centrist at most when comparing against Europe. We have rightwingers in europe to, but not that far right, unless we're talking nazis.

Republicans that support trump appear as psychopaths to us who live in the rest of the world. Just as repulsive as other reactionaries in other parts of the world.

I can hardly even begin to consider how people can start thinking like that...

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 6:34 am

Ichinin wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
I Get the feeling you are just one of those Anti Western people who get their news from RT. They didn't have a Referendum to join Russia, Russia invaded and then they had a referendum which by no means is legal, voting under duress is not legitimate.

I wouldn't Fox News far right, they have some idiots on there such as Bill O'Reilly but isn't really far right. Tucker Carlson is awesome though.

In comparison to the rest of the world, Fox "news" is extremely far right and as manipulative like RT and North Korean Central TV. Americans sometimes talk of "the left". The thing is, there is NOTHING in that country that is left. Democrats are right centrist at most when comparing against Europe. We have rightwingers in europe to, but not that far right, unless we're talking nazis.

Republicans that support trump appear as psychopaths to us who live in the rest of the world. Just as repulsive as other reactionaries in other parts of the world.

I can hardly even begin to consider how people can start thinking like that...

By the rest of the world I assume you mean Northern and Western Europe because the US is one of the most liberal countries in the world. What exactly makes Fox News far right? I think its dumb and reactionary but not far right.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 8:27 am

Daniel89 wrote:
By the rest of the world I assume you mean Northern and Western Europe because the US is one of the most liberal countries in the world. What exactly makes Fox News far right? I think its dumb and reactionary but not far right.

It is not particularly liberal, there is a channel spreading this narrative... can you guess which one? The places that has the same (in the true sense) liberal narrative is pretty much Europe, Australia, Japan/Korea, Shia muslim Middle east (not the Sunni religious nutcases in Iran), most democracies in Africa, South America. I am not talking about extremists, regardless left, right or religious, those idiots exist in all countries.

And...

To answer your question: first of all, the attitude of calling everyone else "liberals", "anti american" and all that jargon which tries to positions themselves as the holders of the only truth. Leftists do this too, it is a disgusting way of running a discourse and it is unproductive.

Secondly, the views presented are hardly empathic and it never takes sides with the common man, though it tries to appeal to them by using rethoric to sway the lesser educated people, and most of the time takes sides with rich people and people with extreme right-sided ideals. Like why the f**k don't you have universal healthcare? There are so called "s**thole countries" in Africa who have better healtcare coverage. It is like the government hate it's people.

Thirdly, the values are close to what is considered right wing since it presents the agenda of trump or any other flavour of the moment republican president. It was the same during the Bush years, but it has never been this alike russia today spreading disinformation that is blatantly obvious, and witholding information that does not fit it's agenda. That last thing makes it pathetic.

These things are called "a dead giveaway".

The only thing that comes from a media outlet like this is partitioning of the people. To spread dissent and divide up people is an old KGB tactic, the main strategy is to flood the information market with so many "truths" so noone knows what the truth actually is, and russia today plus fox "news" is good at it.

The classical effect of this creates "useful idiots" which perpetuate the disinformation, and those people who think they have secured their future with russia, are often eliminated during an invasion. Just ask anyone who have fled from eastern europe during the cold war.

Fox "news" is americas useful idiot that spreads the narrative of russia, and it does not even know it does so. If i were the next president, i'd order a MOAB onto their building and a bloody purge of the people who work there. This is not news, it has nothing to do with free speech, it is an information campaign that started in the ideals of the right industrialists and has now been perverted to spread russian disinformation.

If you cannot see that, i feel sorry for you and for the future.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 8:33 am

The US treats its women, gays and other minorities far better than the vast majority of the world. I am in favour of universal healthcare but the idea that those who oppose it are far right is just silly. You listed reasons it was right wing but none of them are far right I think there is a language issue here Far right doesn't just mean very right wing it means essentially fascist.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 8:55 am

Daniel89 wrote:
The US treats its women, gays and other minorities far better than the vast majority of the world. I am in favour of universal healthcare but the idea that those who oppose it are far right is just silly. You listed reasons it was right wing but none of them are far right I think there is a language issue here Far right doesn't just mean very right wing it means essentially fascist.

We have clearly different opinions of what constitutes rightwing vs far right.

"f**k everyone else, let them take care of themselves" is a typical sentiment amongst the far right.
"Lets prioritise industry and growth at the expense of communal development" is a right policy.

See the difference? No?

Regardless, i'm done with this thread as we're way OT anyway.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 9:19 am

Ichinin wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

We have clearly different opinions of what constitutes rightwing vs far right.

"f**k everyone else, let them take care of themselves" is a typical sentiment amongst the far right.
"Lets prioritise industry and growth at the expense of communal development" is a right policy.

See the difference? No?

Regardless, i'm done with this thread as we're way OT anyway.

I think its a language thing the far right in English generally gets labelled to groups like the Nazis or the BNP here in the UK.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 12:59 pm

Quote:
A former Russian spy and his daughter were poisoned by a military-grade nerve agent of a type developed by Russia, Theresa May has told MPs.
(...)
The PM said the government concluded it was "highly likely" Russia was responsible for the Salisbury attack.
The chemical used in the attack, the PM said, has been identified as being part of a group of nerve agents known as "Novichok".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43377856

Quote:
"Novichok (Russian: новичок meaning roughly "newcomer", "newbie" or "new guy") is a series of nerve agents that were developed by the Soviet Union in the 1970s and 1980s"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novichok_agent

Quote:
The Novichok class of agents were reportedly developed in an attempt to circumvent the Chemical Weapons Treaty (chemical weapons are banned on the basis of chemical structure and therefore a new chemical agent is not subject to past treaties). They have reportedly been engineered to be undetectable by standard detection equipment and to defeat standard chemical protective gear.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/novichok-agent

That is what i call attribution. Russia is a terrorist state.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 1:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Unless it wasn't Russia... Putin is capable of it but he isn't a reckless moron. He has no motive. He has an election coming up in a couple of weeks and the World Cup in a few months. He knows the mass hysteria it would cause. His enemies have all the motives.

Putin seriously has no concern about losing his next election, as Russian elections under him are a sham. So, he has zero fear of killing a dissident agent making him look bad at home.

Of course he wouldn't want to help the opposition in Russia. Also, he wouldn't want to kill a guy involved in a prisoner swap, as that would mean no one would do swaps with him in the future. Also, he definitely wouldn't want to mess up before the World Cup. If he was going to kill this guy, he'd have done it when he was in prison. The guy has been regularly going to the Russian Embassy in London and his daughter goes back and forth from Russia. Putin has nothing to gain from it, his enemies have everything to gain.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 1:55 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
:jester:
JohnPowell wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Unless it wasn't Russia... Putin is capable of it but he isn't a reckless moron. He has no motive. He has an election coming up in a couple of weeks and the World Cup in a few months. He knows the mass hysteria it would cause. His enemies have all the motives.

He invaded Ukraine and seized their territory killing someone is nothing compared to that.

No he did not "invade" Ukraine. The US amd Europe supported and helped Neo Nazis otherthrow and elected leader though.

So he didn't annex Crimea?

No, Crimea used to be part of Russia. There's a lot of Russian speaking people there and the Ukrainian government was trying to remove the Russian language in schools. They had a referendum and voted to rejoin Russia.

I just explained what happened. Russian troops were asked in.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 2:38 pm

Russia blaming Britian for poisoning that guy and his daughter with a nerve agent after Britian blames Russia can be summed up like this elementary denial "I know you are but what am I?". In fact that pretty much sums up the entire Russian playbook regardless of the foreign policy situation, which remains unchanged since the soviet union. Only the most gullible would really buy those childish "I know you are but what am I?" denials.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 2:42 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
:jester:
JohnPowell wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

He invaded Ukraine and seized their territory killing someone is nothing compared to that.

No he did not "invade" Ukraine. The US amd Europe supported and helped Neo Nazis otherthrow and elected leader though.

So he didn't annex Crimea?

No, Crimea used to be part of Russia. There's a lot of Russian speaking people there and the Ukrainian government was trying to remove the Russian language in schools. They had a referendum and voted to rejoin Russia.

I just explained what happened. Russian troops were asked in.

According to Putin blanket routine denials Russian troops were never in Crimea until... they were all along. The troops in Ukraine aren't Russian troops they are volunteers along with the columns of tanks and heavy weapons. How does it work in Russia, can soldiers just borrow columns of tanks when they please and just drive them into other countries to fight proxy wars? Do they just have to return them with a full tank of gas? How does that work? Really who is that gullible to buy that?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 3:19 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

Really, this is the level of argument, "Russian troll"? Pathetic.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 3:22 pm

Noca wrote:
Russia blaming Britian for poisoning that guy and his daughter with a nerve agent after Britian blames Russia can be summed up like this elementary denial "I know you are but what am I?". In fact that pretty much sums up the entire Russian playbook regardless of the foreign policy situation, which remains unchanged since the soviet union. Only the most gullible would really buy those childish "I know you are but what am I?" denials.

Only the most gullible would believe our politicians when they say "very likely" it was Russia and provide zero evidence. Luckily, some of us have learned from their endless lies. Like when our politicians were dead certain that Saddam had "weapons of mass destruction", could blow us up in 45 minutes and was linked to Al Qaeda.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 3:42 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Putin seriously has no concern about losing his next election, as Russian elections under him are a sham. So, he has zero fear of killing a dissident agent making him look bad at home.

Of course he wouldn't want to help the opposition in Russia. Also, he wouldn't want to kill a guy involved in a prisoner swap, as that would mean no one would do swaps with him in the future. Also, he definitely wouldn't want to mess up before the World Cup. If he was going to kill this guy, he'd have done it when he was in prison. The guy has been regularly going to the Russian Embassy in London and his daughter goes back and forth from Russia. Putin has nothing to gain from it, his enemies have everything to gain.

Noca said it best.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 1:24 pm

You mean you agree with what he said?

Anti-Russian Neo-Nazis otherthrew an elected leader in Ukraine which caused more terrible divides in the country. Putin asked the West to get round the table for diplomacy, they refused. Crimea is full of Russian speaking people so they were naturally concerned about what happened with the US supported and helped takeover over the government in Ukraine. And it wasn't like al these troops just suddenly went there, there's been some kind of Russian military presence there for over 200 years. There was already a base there. You don't seem bothered about all the US military bases across the world.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 2:51 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
You mean you agree with what he said?

Anti-Russian Neo-Nazis otherthrew an elected leader in Ukraine which caused more terrible divides in the country. Putin asked the West to get round the table for diplomacy, they refused. Crimea is full of Russian speaking people so they were naturally concerned about what happened with the US supported and helped takeover over the government in Ukraine. And it wasn't like al these troops just suddenly went there, there's been some kind of Russian military presence there for over 200 years. There was already a base there. You don't seem bothered about all the US military bases across the world.

That so called elected government had come to power with Russian interference - as they had done with the last American Presidential election. The Ukrainian strongman was nothing more than a Russian puppet. Incidentally, that same Ukrainian strongman stepped down from power only when the western European glitterati made it clear he wouldn't be invited to their parties and highlife anymore if he remained Putin's stooge. He was so shallow that he considered the limelight to be more important than running his country, so he stepped down. Sounds a lot like my current President.