Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 3:54 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
do you think Putin is an imbecile? He would have to be to use a nerve agent that could only be traced back to Russia

Many professionals who study Russian political behavior and military history have said this week in their opinion it was absolutely intentional for it to be traced back to Russia, because this wasn't just a murder attempt, it was a murder attempt along with a strong message handed out to the world.

Yeah like many 'professionals' said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. If your conspiracy theory was the case, Putin would just admit to it. The move hasn't benefited Russia at all.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's just an idea put forward by a number of people who's job involves understanding Russia's moves.

Why the hell would Putin admit to it if he wants to send a message like this? This way he sends a message without having to admit it. Perfect scenario for him.

So if people were wrong on Iraq then some other unrelated people are wrong about everything, forever?

It's not just Iraq, it's the entire history with anything related to war. People who are screaming at Russia and coming up with those type of conspiracy theories seem to pretend that history never happened. In 1962, the Department of Defense amd joint chief of staffs in the US put plans forward for the CIA to carry out terrorist attacks against US civilian and military targets so it could be blamed on Cuba and the US could then invade Cuba. The Gulf of Tonkon incident in 1964 where the US said one of their boats had been attacked by the North Vietnamese and this led to LBJ getting the US into full military conflict in Vietnam and other surrounding countries. The only problem being, the attack never happened. Then there was the young girl in Congress before the first Gulf war, saying that she was in a hospital in Kuwait when Iraqi soldiers stormed in, dragged babies out of incubators and left them to die on the cold floor. This helped get support for attacking Iraq. The girl was the daughter of the Kuwait Ambassador to the US and made the whole thing up.

Shall I continue?

You are naming people in other parts of the world many decades ago being wrong about something unrelated as to why these people here are wrong now about something? You are aware many people around the world in history have been correct about various subjects too, right?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 3:57 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
How the hell is he "sending a message" by denying it? He doesn't want even more NATO troops to build up around Russia's borders and for multiple countries to pull out of the World Cup.

You really don't understand the idea of doing something wrong, knowing that no one can ever provide 100% proof it was you, so you deny it completely while knowing the other person will have learned what you are capable of & willing to do? It's really quite a simple concept.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 4:46 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
do you think Putin is an imbecile? He would have to be to use a nerve agent that could only be traced back to Russia

Many professionals who study Russian political behavior and military history have said this week in their opinion it was absolutely intentional for it to be traced back to Russia, because this wasn't just a murder attempt, it was a murder attempt along with a strong message handed out to the world.

Yeah like many 'professionals' said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. If your conspiracy theory was the case, Putin would just admit to it. The move hasn't benefited Russia at all.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's just an idea put forward by a number of people who's job involves understanding Russia's moves.

Why the hell would Putin admit to it if he wants to send a message like this? This way he sends a message without having to admit it. Perfect scenario for him.

So if people were wrong on Iraq then some other unrelated people are wrong about everything, forever?

It's not just Iraq, it's the entire history with anything related to war. People who are screaming at Russia and coming up with those type of conspiracy theories seem to pretend that history never happened. In 1962, the Department of Defense amd joint chief of staffs in the US put plans forward for the CIA to carry out terrorist attacks against US civilian and military targets so it could be blamed on Cuba and the US could then invade Cuba. The Gulf of Tonkon incident in 1964 where the US said one of their boats had been attacked by the North Vietnamese and this led to LBJ getting the US into full military conflict in Vietnam and other surrounding countries. The only problem being, the attack never happened. Then there was the young girl in Congress before the first Gulf war, saying that she was in a hospital in Kuwait when Iraqi soldiers stormed in, dragged babies out of incubators and left them to die on the cold floor. This helped get support for attacking Iraq. The girl was the daughter of the Kuwait Ambassador to the US and made the whole thing up.

Shall I continue?

You are naming people in other parts of the world many decades ago being wrong about something unrelated as to why these people here are wrong now about something? You are aware many people around the world in history have been correct about various subjects too, right?

It's all the same thing and the same interests. The Military Industrial Complex. The same interests control our country. It's very much related. There needs to be a constant threat of war for the MIC to keep profiting. Peace with Russia is just not acceptable to them. Yes, the same people who gave called out all the other bulls**t are saying this doesn't make sense and the people who have been wrong about pretty much everything are saying this is Putin's work.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ElleGaunt
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2018, 4:47 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
The US treats its women, gays and other minorities far better than the vast majority of the world. I am in favour of universal healthcare but the idea that those who oppose it are far right is just silly. You listed reasons it was right wing but none of them are far right I think there is a language issue here Far right doesn't just mean very right wing it means essentially fascist.

Wow. The US treats it's women, gays and other minorities. You make it sound like the US is white men and the rest of us are it's dependents. Word: the US IS women, gays, blacks etc. And note this: comparing against how bad it could be is a sad excuse for stagnation.

You are 100% a white dude. Clueless.

ElleGaunt
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2018, 4:49 pm

Sorry, homer simpson dude, I'm confused: why don't you think it's Putin? Like really, on a gut level, what motivates you to seek out evidence and argue that it wasn't him.

I don't believe you actually believe what you're saying.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 4:54 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
How the hell is he "sending a message" by denying it? He doesn't want even more NATO troops to build up around Russia's borders and for multiple countries to pull out of the World Cup.

You really don't understand the idea of doing something wrong, knowing that no one can ever provide 100% proof it was you, so you deny it completely while knowing the other person will have learned what you are capable of & willing to do? It's really quite a simple concept.

You can push out your conspiracy theories based on probably watching too many films where the evil people are so often Russian, if you like. But I look at evidence. This goes way above our heads. Our same parrot media says that Litvinenko was killed by Putin, even though it wasn't proved and the final verdict was "it was probably Putin". Ignoring the fact that Boris Berezovsky had traces of polonium at his office and in his house (like ya do). It's just easy and a very simplistic answer just to blame Putin because these alleged journalists, politicians and Co don't want to get into all the dirty stuff that goes on in this country. Or, they are just completely ignorant of it.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 4:56 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:
Sorry, homer simpson dude, I'm confused: why don't you think it's Putin? Like really, on a gut level, what motivates you to seek out evidence and argue that it wasn't him.

Try reading my posts. I don't go by just "gut level". I look at the evidence and learn from history.

ElleGaunt
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2018, 4:56 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
The US treats its women, gays and other minorities far better than the vast majority of the world.

Like should all of us 'not like you's be happy with whatever treatment we get as long as you can point somewhere in the world and say "well it's not that bad!"

I mean seriously just think about what you said for a minute. Why should anyone living anywhere be content being treated like a second class citizen. Have you been sleeping the past 7 months since it came out that the majority of females in this country have been truly sexually assaulted?

But that's ok because we can drive cars.

ElleGaunt
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2018, 4:57 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
ElleGaunt wrote:

Try reading my posts. I don't go by just "gut level". I look at the evidence and learn from history.

Oh baby, I read your posts. I read all of them. Don't believe you mean what you're saying. Not by a long shot. You clearly are going from a gut level, I'm just wondering what it is.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 5:03 pm

Boom. The journalist of all journalists steps in

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 5:06 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
ElleGaunt wrote:

Oh baby, I read your posts. I read all of them. Don't believe you mean what you're saying. Not by a long shot. You clearly are going from a gut level, I'm just wondering what it is.

It comes from a level of actually knowing what I'm talking about and not just blindly following what the mainstream media says. I see the signs. The hysterical propaganda is all so familiar.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2018, 8:01 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:
Sorry, homer simpson dude, I'm confused: Like really, on a gut level, what motivates you to seek out evidence and argue that it wasn't him.
I don't believe you

It's like what he's trying to get at, has been leaked mainstream here, but not wrong in the sense that it's carrying out the wrong vibe. The same ones that Russia uses, to plant lethal toxins in suitcases.
The public have a right to know how the impact of this is going to affect their day to day lives. Especially if it is so..inconrspicuous and lethal.
Firing all 24 diplomats and ambassadors might make twe kremlim stronger in there ordeals or weaker if they can't get enough mechamisms that serves the wind up merchant it's daily oil reserves

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 10:26 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:

Because he's said he loves Russia more than his own country, and apparently has embraced this new era of the strongman lock, stock, and barrel.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 10:35 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:
Have you been sleeping the past 7 months since it came out that the majority of females in this country have been truly sexually assaulted?

But that's ok because we can drive cars.

Wait, what?! Which country are we talking about here? Saudi Arabia?

If you're going to make such an extravagant claim, then you really do need to provide some justification for it. A bit of evidence, that sort of thing, otherwise we might believe that you just pulled that >50% figure out of your ass.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 1:33 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

You can push out your conspiracy theories based on probably watching too many films where the evil people are so often Russian, if you like. But I look at evidence. This goes way above our heads. Our same parrot media says that Litvinenko was killed by Putin, even though it wasn't proved and the final verdict was "it was probably Putin". Ignoring the fact that Boris Berezovsky had traces of polonium at his office and in his house (like ya do). It's just easy and a very simplistic answer just to blame Putin because these alleged journalists, politicians and Co don't want to get into all the dirty stuff that goes on in this country. Or, they are just completely ignorant of it.

They are not conspiracy theories, they are just people putting forward their ideas in the same way you are. I trust them more than I trust you on this subject.

I don't watch films, I have no interest in them so I don't understand the film comment.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 2:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ElleGaunt wrote:

Because he's said he loves Russia more than his own country, and apparently has embraced this new era of the strongman lock, stock, and barrel.

You assume he is from the west - how do you know he is? A few years ago we had no reason to disbelieve peoples locations, but today we cannot. Why should Wrong Planet be immune to political manipulation? I have been to far less important forums where i have seen interaction, manipulation and political interference from obvious intelligence and "media organisations".

RT is not a news source, Fox "news" is not a news source, North Korean Central television is not a news source, Al Quaida info ops is not a news source, ISIL propagande videos is not a news source.