France lowering mandatory school age to 3

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

eeVenye
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2018, 7:47 pm

In order to fight extremism by making sure children are emotionally well adjusted, French President Macron announced the plan to lower the compulsory attendance age to 3.

Quote:
Boris Cyrulnik, a famous psychiatrist who is advising the government, said three-year-olds were biologically more mature than in previous generations.

He said the emphasis in nursery schools should be making children more “emotionally secure” as some 20 per cent of children went on to have difficulties at school.

Full Story via Telegraph

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 9:10 pm

That's way too young. I was almost five when I began school, and it was a complete disaster for me. I just wasn't ready for it.

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2018, 10:12 pm

Do you know when you can tell when a politician is lying? When you see their mouth move.
What a bunch of rubbish. What about those home grown terrorist from seemingly middle class backgrounds?
What study is he citing that indeed the main cause of terrorism is from poor parenting?
From all barometers that I know, being raised by parents not the state helps the child be healthier and better adjusted, yours turly exempted from that.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 10:29 pm

I'll bet parents look at this as free day care.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 12:26 am

Germs and disease run rampant in day cares. It'll be even worse in a school where many kids aren't even potty trained. :eew:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 2:49 am

^ THIS

kids should be past the age of sh*****g themselves before being forced to be cooped up with 10 others in the same room for 20something hours a week IMO

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 4:06 am

even when it is not mandatory it kind of is with helicopter parenting and the endless fear campaigns saying if your child misses something they will never catch up with thier peers and are screwed forever.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 10:22 pm

That's far too young. It doesn't make sense to put kids that young in school.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 9:07 am

I agree-way too young! I was four when I started kindergarten and that was too young. I was smaller and more immature than the other children and didn't speak English. I wasn't a slow learner, just young. My teacher tried to make me believe I was stupid, but it didn't work.

Sea Breeze
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2018, 9:32 am

Messed up.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 12:10 pm

More and more people are refusing to vaccinate their kids, so it'll be even worse.

You know, it's ironic that parents are encouraged - more like guilt-tripped - to sanitize everything their kids touch to prevent the spread of germs, and if they don't it's like they're terrible parents. And yet we have parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids and therefore their kids will already have protection from many life-threatening diseases. We're going to have a generation with no resistance to anything and they'll have to live in bubbles their whole lives. :x

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 1:25 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
More and more people are refusing to vaccinate their kids, so it'll be even worse.

You know, it's ironic that parents are encouraged - more like guilt-tripped - to sanitize everything their kids touch to prevent the spread of germs, and if they don't it's like they're terrible parents. And yet we have parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids and therefore their kids will already have protection from many life-threatening diseases. We're going to have a generation with no resistance to anything and they'll have to live in bubbles their whole lives. :x

When you sanitize them and do not let them play in the dirt you only increase their chances of being sickly.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2018, 2:33 pm

And the whole MMR contraversy stemmed from a now debunked study from Britian, as a result some people refuse to inoculate their child due to fears that it 'causes' autism.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 2:40 pm

They’re making a brave stand against the medically correct establishment.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 1:06 am

Lintar wrote:
That's way too young. I was almost five when I began school, and it was a complete disaster for me. I just wasn't ready for it.

Why is that too young? Most kids are already in daycare by that time anyway. This will just save the parents money on daycare.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 7:24 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
Lintar wrote:

Why is that too young? Most kids are already in daycare by that time anyway. This will just save the parents money on daycare.

Back in my day there was no such thing as 'daycare'; it didn't exist. It was a disaster because I was emotionally immature, had Asperger's Syndrome (but of course didn't know that at the time), and couldn't handle the environment of class - noisy, disruptive students, in contrast to a familiar home where life was safe and predictable. Three is too young. Hell, even five is too young!