Page 1 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 4:28 pm

Post links, pics, comments in this thread - for or against.

Quote:
Michael MooreLike Page 1 hr ·
I’d say at least one million people in the streets of DC! Historic! This photo doesn’t even show the full breadth of it. Thank you Parkland students and kids everywhere. You have made it clear to the adults: “Either join us or get out of the way. We are here & we are coming.”

Proud of the movement these kids have started and I hope it results in sane gun control laws that help prevent innocent people from being shot. Nope, I do not support an all out ban on guns, only sensible laws that keep them out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. Of course there's much debate about who should and shouldn't have them, but at least this movement is starting that conversation & may lead to a safer future not only for school children, but every American.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 5:44 pm

Here is what happens when you consistently vomit BS...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 5:52 pm

SH90 wrote:

Disagree. That's what happens when you're so nervous about public speaking but you persist because you're passionate about the topic & accept the temporary personal discomfort of being nauseous for the greater good of getting your message out. Good for her for speaking no matter what, and then carrying on with conviction after vomiting vs retreating in embarrassment.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 6:04 pm

SH90 wrote:

Gun control laws were more strict in the Weimar Republic than in Nazi Germany.

Quote:

So? You posted a brown guy with a Mexican accent. Is that supposed to trigger a Pavlovian response in me?

If you wanted to scare me, you should have posted this.

Quote:

Now you're just being sick and twisted. This honestly isn't funny anymore.

This poor girl saw her friends get murdered. Thinking about it made her vomit. Vietnam War veterans will often vomit when they are forced to describe what they witnessed.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 6:15 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

So? You posted a brown guy with a Mexican accent. Is that supposed to trigger a Pavlovian response in me?

How dare you assume Emma Gonzalez's gender, what is wrong with you?!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 6:29 pm

It is a gun control movement for sure but it also has a very generation war type message which is equally as much a part of the movement specifically adults all f****d up so now be with us or we are relegating you to the history books.
The School Shooting Generation Has Had Enough - Time Magazine

Quote:
The organizers plan to allow only young speakers to address the Washington march, and only artists under 24 can submit official poster designs.

Inside the office, there is no adult supervision beyond Matt Deitsch and Kaylyn Pipitone, two 20-year-old college students and recent Stoneman Douglas alums who help with things that only adults can do, like signing contracts and insurance forms and paperwork for their 501(c)(4). “We want the grownups we need in this, and nothing more,” says Kasky. “We only have people doing the things that as 17-year-olds we cannot.” At an early #NeverAgain meeting, parents asked how they could help, recalls Alex Wind’s mother.

The answer came back: “Order pizza.”

Outside of Time magazine, nobody is really emphasizing (or their use of Trump like twitter insults). As an Aspie baby boomer, I agree with this part of the movement. I have often felt alienated and different from my peers. The boomers are getting a taste our own medicine. Anybody remember when the "never trust anybody over 30" was popular? Our generation mocked everything our parents did as "square". We self-congratulated ourselves at every step of the way while stifling other thoughts and ideas. Yes, some things such as rock and roll and loosing of moors were long overdue but beyond the gun control issue, we created an unconscionable debt burden on the March For Our Lives generation and only made it so much worse just this year. Hillary and Donald were baby boomers. Trump is a product of a generation that proclaimed it did not want to grow up and often never did and then had the nerve to say the "Millenials" are selfish and spoiled(guilty here). The "spoiled brats" SJW's are the products of parents that were often never there and created an "everybody wins a trophy" culture.

So as you see I certainly agree with that part of their message but is it a way to effect change? We will see.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 6:57 pm

Maybe we'll get lucky and the current generation of young people will turn out to be like Graham Green's "The Destroyers," and tear down every bit of the establishment and rebuild a better world from the ashes. Best part would be seeing central banks all brought down like the final scene in Fight Club. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 7:42 pm

https://www.facebook.com/HuffPostPoliti ... 610888423/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 8:00 pm

Photos from the march.. some of these are pretty good:

https://wokesloth.com/march-for-our-liv ... tos/alexa/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 8:07 pm

I said this on another thread

American kids are braver than their parents in saying what has to be said

It's a no brainer...even school children have worked out the relationship between gun laws and public safety at school

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 8:31 pm

watch our POS GOP pols figure out a way to disenfranchise 18-21 year old voters.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 9:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:
watch our POS GOP pols figure out a way to disenfranchise 18-21 year old voters.

And then watch ALL of those young people call their BS & show up to the polls and vote their asses out. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 9:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

And then watch ALL of those young people call their BS & show up to the polls and vote their asses out. 8)

you haven't seen the level of dirty tricks up their sleeves yet. The Dotardation merely hinted at it by his suggestion of sending armed goons to the polls, presumably to keep the peace.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 9:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

you haven't seen the level of dirty tricks up their sleeves yet. The Dotardation merely hinted at it by his suggestion of sending armed goons to the polls, presumably to keep the peace.

January 2017 I was petrified that Trump & Co. could prevail like that. But now I'm much more aligned to my aunt's thinking.. the American people are better & more resilient than that and will not allow such f**kery to destroy the USA. In time this whole 3 ring circus s**tshow will be kicked to the curb and America will begin it's healing process at home and abroad. Maybe there'll be a silver lining of America becoming even better off for having endured this horror story. Maybe it'll help shine a light on all that is wrong in the USA today and bit by bit the American people will fix things for themselves. 8)

Last edited by goldfish21 on 24 Mar 2018, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 9:46 pm

I fear we crossed the Rubicon November '16, never to return to a previous state. we may already be beyond fixing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 9:51 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Maybe there'll be a silver lining of America becoming even better off for having endure this horror story. Maybe it'll help shine a light on all that is wrong in the USA today and bit by bit the American people will fix things for themselves. 8)

I think there is scope for something positive to come out of this march. However I recall the last march by women protesting against Trump was turned into a distorted tweet by Trump claiming the women were actually celebrating 1 yr of him being in office. Translation: I have very low expectations of Trump doing anything constructive