"White Civil Rights" Rally To Be Held Next To White House

Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 3:59 pm

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-white-civil-rights-rally-20180620-story.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 9:21 pm

Let's see if Trump supports the Nazis for having a permit this time around, if the good guys launch a counter protest.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 9:32 pm

racism just won't die. it is a bad sector in human genome's programing that needs to be edited.

glebel1
Raven
Raven

21 Jun 2018, 10:21 pm

This is an expression of free speech, protected by the constitution. No one is forcing you to listen to them (and I certainly won't), but if you advocate suppressing the speech of others today, who will stop the suppression of your speech tomorrow?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 10:25 pm

I am reminded of that Simpsons episodes about the giant advertising mascots running amok, and how they all keeled over when the whole town collectively turned their backs on them, ignored them utterly. that is what is needed here with these people.

glebel1
Raven
Raven

21 Jun 2018, 10:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I am reminded of that Simpsons episodes about the giant advertising mascots running amok, and how they all keeled over when the whole town collectively turned their backs on them, ignored them utterly. that is what is needed here with these people.

Exactly. The best way to stop extremely offensive behavior is extreme shunning. If you react to them, they win.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 12:08 am

Let me guess. Are these "white civil rights activists" going to rant about race-mixing and "declining racial purity"?

Notice how most Afro-American civil rights activists aren't trying to "preserve the purity of the black race". This is the real reason why "white civil rights activists" have the poor reputation that they deserve. The "white civil rights activists" almost always go much further with their unreasonable demands.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 12:15 am

if they are so concerned about white purity, why then do they to a person, also hate gays and disabled people? this tells me it's not just about race, but of master race.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 12:15 am

glebel1 wrote:
This is an expression of free speech, protected by the constitution. No one is forcing you to listen to them (and I certainly won't), but if you advocate suppressing the speech of others today, who will stop the suppression of your speech tomorrow?

Yep.

I highly doubt that this protest will change a thing in the long run.

That being said, this might actually be an opportunity to refute their claims using information drawn from history, genetics and anthropology.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 12:46 am

While those cretinous bigots have absolutely every right to say what ever they like, the rest of us also have the exact same right to refute them. And more, remaining silent might be intended to deny white nationalists the time of day, but it can also be taken as agreement with their hate speech.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 1:09 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

I was watching a documentary once on a KKK chapter...essentially a bunch of "hill billies" with mullets who didn't have the best dental health. They claimed white people were being oppressed but when the interviewer asked how white people were being oppressed, the best they could come up with was "That park over there used to be mamed after a white man and they renamed it after a black man."

I don't see how these men can proclaim that white people are oppressed in this country and not feel like complete fools.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 2:01 am

Chronos wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

I was watching a documentary once on a KKK chapter...essentially a bunch of "hill billies" with mullets who didn't have the best dental health. They claimed white people were being oppressed but when the interviewer asked how white people were being oppressed, the best they could come up with was "That park over there used to be mamed after a white man and they renamed it after a black man."

I don't see how these men can proclaim that white people are oppressed in this country and not feel like complete fools.

Of course. Their real problem isn't that they legitimately think whites are being oppressed, but that they are losing their high social status their white skin once afforded them now that equal rights are being extended to minorities. Without that status, they're just a bunch of uneducated inbreds.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 4:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
if they are so concerned about white purity, why then do they to a person, also hate gays and disabled people? this tells me it's not just about race, but of master race.

This is why the term “white supremacy” has never made a lot of sense to me. It’s like a misnomer. Is part of it wanting just whites? Yeah. But they are against white lgbtq, disabled, jews, etc. as well. It seems like too narrow of a word for what they really are - Nazis (some of them will argue up and down that they’re not, but really I don’t see any differences between their messed up ideologies). Plus it lets them easily say people against them are “against white people” when many white people are either one of us targeted or our allies.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 4:35 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

This is why the term “white supremacy” has never made a lot of sense to me. It’s like a misnomer. Is part of it wanting just whites? Yeah. But they are against white lgbtq, disabled, jews, etc. as well. It seems like too narrow of a word for what they really are - Nazis (some of them will argue up and down that they’re not, but really I don’t see any differences between their messed up ideologies). Plus it lets them easily say people against them are “against white people” when many white people are either one of us targeted or our allies.

in any case they behave just like a malignancy. we can't let them proliferate out of control, or else history will repeat itself yet again.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 6:01 am

auntblabby wrote:

I've noticed that racial supremacists in general tend to hate gays and the disabled.

The New Black Panther Party, for example, is practically a mirror of white supremacy. They support back supremacy, homophobia, and anti-Semitism. It seems like any sort of racial supremacy is a gateway drug to other forms of insanity.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 11:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

in any case they behave just like a malignancy. we can't let them proliferate out of control, or else history will repeat itself yet again.

I view them in the same way that Anakin views sand people in ‘Attack of the Clones’ - I hate them with a passion. That may sound extreme - but being an immigrant, hispanic, bisexual, and recently discovered “disabled” - it is kinda impossible not to go from a MLK view on it to more of a Malcolm X one. I find it hard even viewing them as human anymore - way too many years of putting up with them.