Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 11:53 am

The Clinton's are back to embark on a tour and lecture us about human rights. Yes that's right, the couple that pushed the sanctions on Iraq that killed over 700,000 civilians in Iraq and the woman that knowingly gave money to terrorists in Syria that hung children up and burned them alive is here to lecture us about human rights. Cause those times were when tho he were civil and now things just aren't civil.

Coming from a woman who could be accused of inciting violence against political opponents.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.usat ... 1578636002

Cause you know, Maxine Waters and the like inciting violence against political opponents was being "too nice".

People like Clinton are what lead to Trump. The left need to reject parasites like her and her husband. They have destroyed the left. They could be holding Trump to account for campaigning with peaceful messages about the Middle East but now is dropping more bombs than any other President. Instead they are crowing for this woman who here says she would bomb Iran if she was President and talks about "obliterating" the country.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 1:44 pm

Stop demonizing people for doing things you love. As long as white men are doing it. I don't believe for one second you give a s**t about civilians in Iraq or Syria.

f**k Trump.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 1:51 pm

I was hoping this was going to be a post about actual rats....

You "click baited" me! :?

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 1:55 pm

AspE wrote:
Stop demonizing people for doing things you love. As long as white men are doing it. I don't believe for one second you give a s**t about civilians in Iraq or Syria.

f**k Trump.

We all already know how Trumpsters are going to react - like always they're going to scream "luggenpresse" without providing any refuting statistics. Keep in mind included in these are reports from government agencies prepared for congress as well as reports from the FBI.

Of note - no, I am not for the Clintons. I'm just not for the orange ogre and I'm just introducing bipartisanship through showing data.

So, all of this is for everyone else. Enjoy.

In case this video contains some bits that the above doesn't:

Note on below: Islamic terrorists do kill more people in their attacks, what these reports are saying is that far-right statistically commit the most acts. Or thank God for right-wing incompetency.

Quote:
Terrorism is surging in the US, fueled by right-wing ideologies

Most attacks in 2017 were thought to be motivated by right-leaning ideologies, a Quartz analysis of data from the Global Terrorism Database shows. Out of 65 incidents, 37 were tied to racist, anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government, or xenophobic motivations.

Meanwhile, 11 attacks were inspired by left-leaning ideologies. And seven were linked to Islamic extremists.

https://qz.com/1355874/terrorism-is-sur ... xtremists/

Quote:
The Numbers Don’t Lie: White Far-Right Terrorists Pose A Clear Danger To Us All

Yet the numbers don’t lie — even if the Islamophobes do. “Since September 12, 2001,” noted a recent report prepared for Congress by the Government Accountability Office, “the number of fatalities caused by domestic violent extremists has ranged from 1 to 49 in a given year. … Fatalities resulting from attacks by far-right wing violent extremists have exceeded those caused by radical Islamist violent extremists in 10 of the 15 years, and were the same in 3 of the years since September 12, 2001.” Imagine that.

The report continues: “Of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far-right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent) while radical Islamist violent extremists were responsible for 23 (27 percent).” That’s a margin of almost three to one.

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/31/the ... to-us-all/

GOVERNMENT REPORT OF FINDINGS:

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

Quote:
Hate crimes rose the day after Trump was elected, FBI data show

Nationally, levels in 2014 were the lowest since national reporting began in 1992, according to the FBI. Since then, hate crimes have steadily increased. In 2016, the last year with FBI totals available, hate crimes were up 11.7 percent compared to 2014.

In 2017, our data show that hate crimes rose 12 percent over 2016 levels in 38 of the largest cities.

The six most frequently targeted groups in 2016, according to the FBI, were African-Americans; lesbians, gays and bisexuals; whites; Jews; Latinos; and Muslims.

Hate crime victims in 2016
African-Americans were the most-targeted group in 2016, comprising more than a quarter of all hate crime victims.

African-Americans
28.4%
Lesbian, gay or bisexual
17.5%
Whites
11.8%
Jews
11.2%
Latinos
6.1%
Muslims
5%

https://theconversation.com/new-data-sh ... 2017-97989

(Of note, percentage is compared to all hate crimes not compared to each group’s population in the states)

Quote:
Study: When Trump tweets about Muslims, hate crimes increase

“We show that the rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes since Donald Trump's presidential campaign has been concentrated in counties with high Twitter usage. Consistent with a role for social media, Trump's tweets on Islam-related topics are highly correlated with anti-Muslim hate crime after, but not before the start of his presidential campaign, and are uncorrelated with other types of hate crimes. These patterns stand out in historical comparison: Counties with many Twitter users today did not consistently experience more anti-Muslim hate crimes during previous presidencies.”

The correlation holds when certain keywords are used—for example, when hashtags or keywords such as 'Islam' or 'Muslim' are used by the president in a tweet. It's also quite clear that in counties with a higher number of Twitter users, the hate crimes against Muslims are correspondingly higher after the original tweets go out.

https://bigthink.com/brandon-weber/dog- ... tudy-shows

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 2:25 pm

I'd be quite happy if the Clintons disappeared and were never heard from again.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 2:47 pm

I don't think I'll ever get past Bill Clinton's willful desecration of the Oval Office.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 2:53 pm

Magna wrote:
I don't think I'll ever get past Bill Clinton's willful desecration of the Oval Office.

Hilariously, for many - the Clinton scandal is what taught many in my generation about sex.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 3:16 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
AspE wrote:

f**k Trump.

We all already know how Trumpsters are going to react - like always they're going to scream "luggenpresse" without providing any refuting statistics. Keep in mind included in these are reports from government agencies prepared for congress as well as reports from the FBI.

Of note - no, I am not for the Clintons. I'm just not for the orange ogre and I'm just introducing bipartisanship through showing data.

So, all of this is for everyone else. Enjoy.

In case this video contains some bits that the above doesn't:

Note on below: Islamic terrorists do kill more people in their attacks, what these reports are saying is that far-right statistically commit the most acts. Or thank God for right-wing incompetency.

Quote:
Terrorism is surging in the US, fueled by right-wing ideologies

Most attacks in 2017 were thought to be motivated by right-leaning ideologies, a Quartz analysis of data from the Global Terrorism Database shows. Out of 65 incidents, 37 were tied to racist, anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government, or xenophobic motivations.

Meanwhile, 11 attacks were inspired by left-leaning ideologies. And seven were linked to Islamic extremists.

https://qz.com/1355874/terrorism-is-sur ... xtremists/

Quote:
The Numbers Don’t Lie: White Far-Right Terrorists Pose A Clear Danger To Us All

Yet the numbers don’t lie — even if the Islamophobes do. “Since September 12, 2001,” noted a recent report prepared for Congress by the Government Accountability Office, “the number of fatalities caused by domestic violent extremists has ranged from 1 to 49 in a given year. … Fatalities resulting from attacks by far-right wing violent extremists have exceeded those caused by radical Islamist violent extremists in 10 of the 15 years, and were the same in 3 of the years since September 12, 2001.” Imagine that.

The report continues: “Of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far-right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent) while radical Islamist violent extremists were responsible for 23 (27 percent).” That’s a margin of almost three to one.

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/31/the ... to-us-all/

GOVERNMENT REPORT OF FINDINGS:

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

Quote:
Hate crimes rose the day after Trump was elected, FBI data show

Nationally, levels in 2014 were the lowest since national reporting began in 1992, according to the FBI. Since then, hate crimes have steadily increased. In 2016, the last year with FBI totals available, hate crimes were up 11.7 percent compared to 2014.

In 2017, our data show that hate crimes rose 12 percent over 2016 levels in 38 of the largest cities.

The six most frequently targeted groups in 2016, according to the FBI, were African-Americans; lesbians, gays and bisexuals; whites; Jews; Latinos; and Muslims.

Hate crime victims in 2016
African-Americans were the most-targeted group in 2016, comprising more than a quarter of all hate crime victims.

African-Americans
28.4%
Lesbian, gay or bisexual
17.5%
Whites
11.8%
Jews
11.2%
Latinos
6.1%
Muslims
5%

https://theconversation.com/new-data-sh ... 2017-97989

(Of note, percentage is compared to all hate crimes not compared to each group’s population in the states)

Quote:
Study: When Trump tweets about Muslims, hate crimes increase

“We show that the rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes since Donald Trump's presidential campaign has been concentrated in counties with high Twitter usage. Consistent with a role for social media, Trump's tweets on Islam-related topics are highly correlated with anti-Muslim hate crime after, but not before the start of his presidential campaign, and are uncorrelated with other types of hate crimes. These patterns stand out in historical comparison: Counties with many Twitter users today did not consistently experience more anti-Muslim hate crimes during previous presidencies.”

The correlation holds when certain keywords are used—for example, when hashtags or keywords such as 'Islam' or 'Muslim' are used by the president in a tweet. It's also quite clear that in counties with a higher number of Twitter users, the hate crimes against Muslims are correspondingly higher after the original tweets go out.

https://bigthink.com/brandon-weber/dog- ... tudy-shows

School shootings should also be classified as terrorism.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 3:58 pm

I really feel sorry for people on America who vote republican one year, after four years realise nothing has changed and vote democrat... Ad infinitum.

Trump is exactly the same as Clinton, who was exactly the same as Obama, who was exactly the same as Bush. When are Americans going to realise that the man in the White House is just a figurehead. It's the corporations who are pulling the strings and has been since - at least - the end of the second world war, which is why nothing ever changes.

As an American I'd vote for a third party/ independent or throw my vote away.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:00 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
School shootings should also be classified as terrorism.

Yes, they should be. That wouldn't bode well for right-wingers.

Take Nikolas Cruz for example, out front and proud wearing his MAGA hat.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-shooters-instagram-picture-maga-hat/

Or Dimitrios who followed pro gun accounts on Instagram as well as the Trump administration, including Ivanka.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/shooting-suspect-dimitrios-pagourtzis-posted-born-kill-t-shirt-n875571

This can go on for a long time, but I was just trying to not lay too much down.

Meanwhile, the left's connection to school shootings - heroic teens like the ones pictured below doing what many left-wing teens should have been doing all along (my age group included - we let them down) :

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:18 pm

Did we ever find out, was David Hogg actually on school grounds when the shooting happened, while it was taking place?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:23 pm

AspE wrote:

f**k Trump.

If you can't have an adult discussion about the issue and just want to swear at me and insult me from your keyboard then just don't bother posting on the thread.

I HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED ONE SINGLE WAR. Trump was the better option as he was talking about stopping the pointless wars and did actually cut off funding for all terrorist groups in Syria. The left and his supporters should be holding his feet to the fire about him bombing Syria twice, his actions in South America, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and particularly Yemen. But instead they are fighting about the crooked judge for the wrong reasons. I don't care what you believe but don't try to tell me what I believe. I have morals and am against sickening wars that are destroying the world.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:24 pm

Magna wrote:
I was hoping this was going to be a post about actual rats....

You "click baited" me! :?

Sorry!

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:25 pm

Magna wrote:
Did we ever find out, was David Hogg actually on school grounds when the shooting happened, while it was taking place?

He was there during the shooting, when the school was on lockdown. Then he left and later returned with his camera equipment.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/david-hogg-at-school-during-parkland-shooting/

There are videos that he took within the school with his camera as well. A conservative, writer for RedState, who initially casted doubt on David later retracted it and issued an apology.

That said, unfortunately, it hasn't prevented right-wingers from issuing teenage school shooting victims death threats:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/02/27/parkland-school-shooting-survivors-receiving-death-threats-nra-members/

Last edited by Spooky_Mulder on 10 Oct 2018, 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:26 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I really feel sorry for people on America who vote republican one year, after four years realise nothing has changed and vote democrat... Ad infinitum.

Trump is exactly the same as Clinton, who was exactly the same as Obama, who was exactly the same as Bush. When are Americans going to realise that the man in the White House is just a figurehead. It's the corporations who are pulling the strings and has been since - at least - the end of the second world war, which is why nothing ever changes.

As an American I'd vote for a third party/ independent or throw my vote away.

Yeah. Thinking one crooked party is going to save you from the other one is just beating a dead horse.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:30 pm

Does every thread have to be about Trump? People like Clinton speak in favour of gun control in the US but happily arms Al Qaeda in the Middle East.