Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 7:17 am

...More - Y'know, I meant to ask in the first post by me here. " How many positive stories about Obama did Fox or the WSJ run duri g time in as Prez? " But, I'll return to the broadcast news question.
One way a Republican administration could strike back at the No-Longer-Big-Three would be to look into change the FCC regulations concerning ownership of TV and radio broadcasting liscences back to something like what they were in the Sixties and Seventies - when radio and TV licence ownership by any company or persin6 was, IIRC, limited to five stations nationwide and no more than one in any market! Presumably. this would allow conservative voices. who now have the coastal liberal elite's imported boots on their neck, a chance to be heard! :heart: Again, these were the rules in the past!
But even more than that...why don't conservative media voices step up to the plate and start their own conservative media outlets? The broadcast Fox network doesn't even offer a nightly newscast, why is that :? .
In the Eighties, there was an idea afoot among some conservatives to buy up enough if CBS's stock to take it over and " Be Dan Father's Boss ", as a bumper sticker of the time put it.
It never happened. Why? :cry:
Even given that, couldn't some conservatives start a Real America Broadcast Network, a full-service network with nightly news, morning shows, prime-time entertainment, daytime and late-night talk...the whole nine yards! Have the HQ in a red state, not those
ee-villll coastal states (Well, Gulf Coast and Lower Atlantic-bordering states could be considered honorary landlocked ones. I guess :...The Real America, the people who voted Trump in the virtuous martyred persecuted flyover states. would positively FLOCK to watch a TV network that reflected THEIR values! Why, the America-hating " Lousy Three " would go the way of the DuPont and UPN networks!! !! !! !! !!!8) I'm sure the Heritage Society or the Federalists would be glad to set up a for-profit subsidiary to do this- And if course, there's plenty of conservative WINNERS who would be OVERJOYED to finance this! That patriotic American, Rupert Murdoch (even if he is an immigrant) loses MILLIONS every year on the New York Post!
Other millionaires could profit by his example, just pick up their checkbooks :P ...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 7:24 am

EzraS wrote:

...Like Newsmax or the WSJ?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 7:26 am

You have a point. If the 1% are all conservatives, why don't they own msm?

Peronally I'd like to see Reuters and NPR et al take over.

As for the government taking over, I'm sure lucifer cheesepuff would love to see that happen.

Last edited by EzraS on 15 Oct 2018, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 7:28 am

ASS-P wrote:
EzraS wrote:

...Like Newsmax or the WSJ?

Like almost anything else.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 7:32 am

EzraS wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Study: Economic Boom Largely Ignored as TV's Trump Coverage Hits 92% Negative

In four weeks, Americans go to the polls for the midterm elections that the news media are casting as a referendum on the Trump presidency. Over the summer, the broadcast networks have continued to pound Donald Trump and his team with the most hostile coverage of a President in TV news history — 92 percent negative, vs. just eight percent positive.

For this report, MRC analysts reviewed all 1,007 evening news stories (1,960 minutes of airtime) about the Trump administration on ABC, CBS and NBC from June 1 to September 30, tallying the coverage of each topic and all evaluative comments made by anchors, reporters and non-partisan sources (such as voters or experts).

The results show that, over the past four months, nearly two-thirds of evening news coverage of the Trump presidency has been focused on just five main topics: the Russia investigation; immigration policy; the Kavanaugh nomination; North Korea diplomacy; and U.S. relations with Russia. The networks’ coverage of all of these topics has been highly negative, while bright spots for the administration such as the booming economy received extremely little coverage (less than one percent of the four-month total).

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ri ... t-negative

...For another, a touch more serious 8) , query involving the " biased, lying, news " claim, especially since the comment concerns the, declining but still important. " Big Three " :P broadcast TV news shows (Not the "Enemy Of The People " print and
cable ones! :P)...all of which broadcast on FCC-regulated TV stations, whose licences can be challenged. even taken away, which I believe has happened in the past...From the time of Nixon/
Agnew's. first term,
during which the " biased media elites " terminology really entered the Republican stylebook, there have been thirteen Presidential terms, 8 of them being Republican. Why hasn't the FCC, during those GOP administrations, tried a challenge again st the licence of one of those stations that practices what Reps consider especially egerious media bias? If nothing else, it might things uncomfortable for such liars, and scare other stations onto the straight and narrow" yes elephant, no donkey " path? :|, even if such a station managed to keep their liscence. If a Repub FCC won't do it --- than why won't a conservative group challenge the lis qua Ars of those damn liberal liars :evil: ? That - outside group challenges - has happened before in FCC history.

Do you have this same concerns regarding liberals referring to the major right leaning news channel as "faux news" for the last 20 years?

...Libs criticized FNC? Yes, they did.
You're saying - what :? ? FNC is persecuted? Fans of FNC are persecuted :P ?
FNC is the #1-rated cable news channel, and has been for a long long long time.
" Persecuted " :mrgreen: ?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 7:41 am

ASS-P wrote:
EzraS wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Study: Economic Boom Largely Ignored as TV's Trump Coverage Hits 92% Negative

In four weeks, Americans go to the polls for the midterm elections that the news media are casting as a referendum on the Trump presidency. Over the summer, the broadcast networks have continued to pound Donald Trump and his team with the most hostile coverage of a President in TV news history — 92 percent negative, vs. just eight percent positive.

For this report, MRC analysts reviewed all 1,007 evening news stories (1,960 minutes of airtime) about the Trump administration on ABC, CBS and NBC from June 1 to September 30, tallying the coverage of each topic and all evaluative comments made by anchors, reporters and non-partisan sources (such as voters or experts).

The results show that, over the past four months, nearly two-thirds of evening news coverage of the Trump presidency has been focused on just five main topics: the Russia investigation; immigration policy; the Kavanaugh nomination; North Korea diplomacy; and U.S. relations with Russia. The networks’ coverage of all of these topics has been highly negative, while bright spots for the administration such as the booming economy received extremely little coverage (less than one percent of the four-month total).

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ri ... t-negative

...For another, a touch more serious 8) , query involving the " biased, lying, news " claim, especially since the comment concerns the, declining but still important. " Big Three " :P broadcast TV news shows (Not the "Enemy Of The People " print and
cable ones! :P)...all of which broadcast on FCC-regulated TV stations, whose licences can be challenged. even taken away, which I believe has happened in the past...From the time of Nixon/
Agnew's. first term,
during which the " biased media elites " terminology really entered the Republican stylebook, there have been thirteen Presidential terms, 8 of them being Republican. Why hasn't the FCC, during those GOP administrations, tried a challenge again st the licence of one of those stations that practices what Reps consider especially egerious media bias? If nothing else, it might things uncomfortable for such liars, and scare other stations onto the straight and narrow" yes elephant, no donkey " path? :|, even if such a station managed to keep their liscence. If a Repub FCC won't do it --- than why won't a conservative group challenge the lis qua Ars of those damn liberal liars :evil: ? That - outside group challenges - has happened before in FCC history.

Do you have this same concerns regarding liberals referring to the major right leaning news channel as "faux news" for the last 20 years?

...Libs criticized FNC? Yes, they did.
You're saying - what :? ? FNC is persecuted? Fans of FNC are persecuted :P ?
FNC is the #1-rated cable news channel, and has been for a long long long time.
" Persecuted " :mrgreen: ?

I didn't say anything. I asked you if you had the same concerns over libs using the term fake news over the last 20 or more years.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 7:58 am

...I don't recall hearing the " Fake news " phrase until recentlg...and it appears. if anything, to be used more by folks on the FNC/Trump side to criticize news that THEY don't like.
Am I greatly concerned that folks who don't like FNC dis 'em a bit? No. I'm not greatly concerned that people criticize CNN, etc., on a normal basis either. It's a free country.
I'm a trifle surprised you would like NLR- they are rather left -leaning, they take up space on the radio dial that capitalist enterprises could take over, and culturally, I guess their employees tend towards fairly few NRA-membership, Minutemen-belonging, SUV-driving, red meat-chomping Real Americans. Just a buncha tree-huggng snowflake SJW. PC p*****s! :twisted:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 8:05 am

Faux means fake. faux adjective: not genuine; fake or false.

Last I checked NPR had a reputation of being close to the center.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 8:20 am

EzraS wrote:
Faux means fake. faux adjective: not genuine; fake or false.

Last I checked NPR had a reputation of being close to the center.

...I only became aware of that " Faux News " dis/meme aimed at FNC recently, as well.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:11 am

Actually I should have said Reuters and AP as being the least biased msm that I know of. But NPR is a good source too imo.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:18 am

While the media is busy being biased, Trump is lining up for a second white house term because liberal news sites have yet show case a strong democratic leader and provide a sufficiently compelling reason to Trump supporting swing voters as to why they should swing in 2020.

Perhaps the bias of the left wing media is a clever conservative tactic?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 7:48 pm

Chronos wrote:
While the media is busy being biased, Trump is lining up for a second white house term because liberal news sites have yet show case a strong democratic leader and provide a sufficiently compelling reason to Trump supporting swing voters as to why they should swing in 2020.

Perhaps the bias of the left wing media is a clever conservative tactic?

That's a very interesting theory.

Maybe dems should start demanding that their candidates start getting the spotlight. They say one of Hillary's downfalls was basically running on the premise that she wasn't Donald Trump.

Thing is though Trump stories are like crack to them (muhahaha says the 1% in control).

Seems like the front page of CNN virtually always has a picture of and story about Donald Trump dominating it.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 10:09 pm

Trump is finally finished this time! The walls are closing in. It's a bombshell. It's a tipping point. It's the beginning of the end.

(This is hilarious.) :D

https://youtu.be/qjUvfZj-Fm0

There Are Four Lights!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 10:22 pm

i'm going to rip my god damned eyeballs out if i see another one of these "counting your chickens before they hatch" posts.

WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY FOR CHRISTS SAKE.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 12:04 am

Darmok wrote:
Trump is finally finished this time! The walls are closing in. It's a bombshell. It's a tipping point. It's the beginning of the end.

...Since you're back, OP, I will restate in a more concise manner what I said above +
The broadcast network d broadcast on liscencec TV stations. The owners of those liscences can have renew of their liscence denied, if a challenge to their liscence is successful. Even if if doesn't result in that, such a challenge can lead to concessions on the part of the station whose liscence is challenged + or at least it can make them sweat :P .
It's not just an FCC matter - Private organizations can challenge TBliscences. There is precedent for this, it has happened in the past! Why don't some conservative organizations do just that, challenge the liscences of broadcast TV stations that offer what they see as egeriously biased/lying/unfair news? Perhaps they could get those liscences taken away and given to them + or at least scare the targeted stations into something closer to their desire...more positive news about Trump and
Republican objectives in general! Fair and balanced :) ! More later.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 12:07 am

ASS-P wrote:
Darmok wrote:

...Since you're back, OP, I will restate in a more concise manner what I said above +
The broadcast network d broadcast on liscenced TV stations. The owners of those liscences can have renewal of their liscence denied, if a challenge to their liscence is successful. Even if if doesn't result in that, such a challenge can lead to concessions on the part of the station whose liscence is challenged + or at least it can make them sweat :P .
It's not just an FCC matter - Private organizations can challenge TV liscences. There is precedent for this, it has happened in the past! Why don't some conservative organizations do just that, challenge the liscences of broadcast TV stations that offer what they see as egeriously biased/lying/unfair news? Perhaps they could get those liscences taken away and given to them - or at least scare the targeted stations into something closer to their desire...more positive news about Trump and
Republican objectives in general! Fair and balanced :) ! More later.