Election Day suicide bombing thwarted

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 4:17 am

Feds: NY Man Planned To Blow Himself Up On National Mall On Election Day

Quote:
Paul Rosenfeld, 56, wanted to kill himself to draw attention to his “radical political beliefs,” authorities said.

Rosenfeld allegedly supported a political belief called sortition, which advocates for random selection of government officials. He bought large quantities black powder over the internet to build a large bomb in his basement, authorities said. He had previously made and tested other small bombs, according to authorities.

When FBI agent searched his home after getting a tip from a concerned citizen, they found “what appeared to be a functional explosive device weighing approximately 200 pounds.”

The bomb was removed from his home and transported to a safe location, officials said. A law enforcement source tells CBS News’ Pat Milton that the device would have been capable of causing injury and possible death to others, particularly in a crowded area.

According to the criminal complaint, Rosenfeld sent letters and text messages in August and September to someone in Pennsylvania outlining his plan.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman