First Caravan Group From Honduras Tests Trump's Red Line

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 9:57 am

Heat844 wrote:
So you liberals are ok with our country being overrun with immigrants. 8O :? You don't care about protecting our borders? 8O :?

One aspect of this I don't understand why no one has ever brought up is population capacity. We don't have unlimited resources, food, water, and living space. How many people do you ignorant short sighted liberals think we are able to support? Unless you arrive at this number through meticulous research and statistical analysis, I wanna know which part of your ass you pulled it from. This is the biggest concern I have. Not whether or not they're criminals. Though that's not far behind.

What does overrun mean? Too many brown-skinned people? Should we have a public policy against having children? Our borders need to be protected from real threats, not hard working women and children fleeing gang violence.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 11:41 am

AspE wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
So you liberals are ok with our country being overrun with immigrants. 8O :? You don't care about protecting our borders? 8O :?

One aspect of this I don't understand why no one has ever brought up is population capacity. We don't have unlimited resources, food, water, and living space. How many people do you ignorant short sighted liberals think we are able to support? Unless you arrive at this number through meticulous research and statistical analysis, I wanna know which part of your ass you pulled it from. This is the biggest concern I have. Not whether or not they're criminals. Though that's not far behind.

What does overrun mean? Too many brown-skinned people? Should we have a public policy against having children? Our borders need to be protected from real threats, not hard working women and children fleeing gang violence.

So if it was millions of people from Serbia and Croatia et al it wouldn't be considered a problem. Things must have changed since all those Irish arrived. Americans never called German immigrants "krouts" or Polish "pollocks" etc. All white immigrants have been accepted with open arms.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:05 pm

AspE wrote:
Asylum seekers aren't illegal. These people are fleeing murderous gangs and should get due process.

If they've reached Mexico they have already found asylum.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:11 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:
Heat844 wrote:

Population decline is already rapidly underway in all major industrial societies. That's why immigration is actually necessary to sustain those societies.

The downward trend is spreading throughout the world even in the LDCs and it is expected that the world's population will top out at 9 or 10 billion around 2070.

You have 325 million so think you'll be fine. The world population was around 1.6 billion in 1900. It's now 7.6 billion. That's an insane increase. It's completely hilarious how liberals say they care about the environment but want masses more people in their country and in the world.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:14 pm

This could end up being a boon for Trump and Republicans in general though. Since both Bill and Hillary as well as Obama were very much on record saying they were very much against storming the borders, Trump could change course and embrace the throngs. A Republican admin would give the migrants housing, food, clothing, money and care for them. It would be reasonable to think then, that the migrants, if and when they'd become citizens would vote......gasp...........Republican. Trump would lose a good portion of his base by changing course on this contentious subject, but who knows. His approval rating in some polls is 50% and that's with a media that has been shown to have been giving him 93% (if I recall correctly) negative coverage. Can you imagine what Trump's approval rating would be today if the media had a 75% negative 25% positive coverage? 3 out of 4 people in the U.S. regardless of party affiliation would probably approve of Trump.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:20 pm

Clinton spoke about building the same wall in 2006 to keep Mexicans out.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:26 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Was that the State Of The Union speech? I forget the year, but in no uncertain terms, Clinton voiced is opposition to illegal immigration in a SOTU speech. But that was back when the unions were universally unwavering in support of Democrats, and illegal immigration and job competition as such could have jeopardized unions at that time. Now union members have fallen away from supporting Democrats in numbers not seen before.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:32 pm

Sorry I meant Hillary.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:42 pm

I recall an actual Bill Clinton SOTU speech wherein he made his position clearly known that he was against illegal immigration and that according to him the U.S. needed to take measures necessary to prevent it.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:59 pm

They all say it at some point. Just to get votes or whatever.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 6:03 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

And yet she managed not be be racist about it...

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 6:26 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

And yet she managed not be be racist about it...

Nice try. The liberals make out that the wall and keeping out floods of illegal immigrants is racist.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 9:05 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 5:54 pm

Wow. Liberals supported Clinton at that time but Trump could say those exact words and he'd be slammed for it and called a racist.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 6:02 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Wow. Liberals supported Clinton at that time but Trump could say those exact words and he'd be slammed for it and called a racist.

The usual diversionary whataboutism.

Nobody but Trump announced that he was actually going to build his "big, beautiful wall" - and that Mexico would pay for it!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 6:23 pm

I don't see how Trump saying he'd get Mexico to pay for it makes it racist.... Be consistent and then you won't be accused of hypocrisy. Just be honest and admit that you support anything when your team does it.