Trump's Bullying of CNN's Jim Acosta Condemned

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,276
Location: Palestine

11 Nov 2018, 5:59 pm

Those on the right are identitarians too, they see Trump as their leader.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 1 Jul 2018
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 126
Location: South Florida

12 Nov 2018, 1:59 am

Acosta clearly violated decorum when he gave his opinion about the caravan not being an invasion(he's only supposed to ask questions) and when he asked more than 1 question without indicating he was gonna do so before he started asking. He asked 3 and tried to ask a fourth. As far as the contact between him and the intern, that was inadvertent. He was fully concentrating on talking to Trump so there was no purpose in his contact with her(and I hope none of you actually believe she assaulted him as one of the liberal hags on The View suggested).

Who is supposed to hold the media responsible for their behavior? Yes, it is improper for Trump do so because he is the president, but no one else is willing to do so. So who is supposed to? You don't really trust them to police themselves do you?


_________________
Democrats Create Mobs, Republicans Create Jobs


Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 1 Jul 2018
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 126
Location: South Florida

12 Nov 2018, 2:01 am

Acosta clearly violated decorum when he gave his opinion about the caravan not being an invasion(he's only supposed to ask questions) and when he asked more than 1 question without indicating he was gonna do so before he started asking. He asked 3 and tried to ask a fourth. As far as the contact between him and the intern, that was inadvertent. He was fully concentrating on talking to Trump so there was no purpose in his contact with her(and I hope none of you actually believe she assaulted him as one of the liberal hags on The View suggested).

Who is supposed to hold the media responsible for their behavior? Yes, it is improper for Trump to police them because he is the president, but no one else is willing to do so. So who is supposed to? You don't really trust them to police themselves do you? In the old days before journalism died, Acosta's employer punish him for the way he acted.


_________________
Democrats Create Mobs, Republicans Create Jobs


Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,347
Location: Smackass Gap, NC

12 Nov 2018, 7:14 am

Heat844 wrote:
Acosta clearly violated decorum when he gave his opinion about the caravan not being an invasion(he's only supposed to ask questions) and when he asked more than 1 question without indicating he was gonna do so before he started asking. He asked 3 and tried to ask a fourth. As far as the contact between him and the intern, that was inadvertent. He was fully concentrating on talking to Trump so there was no purpose in his contact with her(and I hope none of you actually believe she assaulted him as one of the liberal hags on The View suggested).

Who is supposed to hold the media responsible for their behavior? Yes, it is improper for Trump to police them because he is the president, but no one else is willing to do so. So who is supposed to? You don't really trust them to police themselves do you? In the old days before journalism died, Acosta's employer punish him for the way he acted.


Horseshit. It's not an opinion; "the "caravan is an invasion" is an outright lie, prima facie; calling out liars on their lies is precisely what real journalists are supposed to do; not meekly sit there and be passively spoon-fed bullshit which they're then expected to regurgitate to the rest of us.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,276
Location: Palestine

12 Nov 2018, 5:48 pm

Like they did for 8 years with Obama in charge...


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 1 Jul 2018
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 126
Location: South Florida

19 Nov 2018, 12:28 am

Piobaire wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
Acosta clearly violated decorum when he gave his opinion about the caravan not being an invasion(he's only supposed to ask questions) and when he asked more than 1 question without indicating he was gonna do so before he started asking. He asked 3 and tried to ask a fourth. As far as the contact between him and the intern, that was inadvertent. He was fully concentrating on talking to Trump so there was no purpose in his contact with her(and I hope none of you actually believe she assaulted him as one of the liberal hags on The View suggested).

Who is supposed to hold the media responsible for their behavior? Yes, it is improper for Trump to police them because he is the president, but no one else is willing to do so. So who is supposed to? You don't really trust them to police themselves do you? In the old days before journalism died, Acosta's employer punish him for the way he acted.


Horseshit. It's not an opinion; "the "caravan is an invasion" is an outright lie, prima facie; calling out liars on their lies is precisely what real journalists are supposed to do; not meekly sit there and be passively spoon-fed bullshit which they're then expected to regurgitate to the rest of us.
But Acosta voiced his own opinion. That's not just a decorum violation, that's a violation of a cardinal rule of journalism. Are you suggesting violating rules of journalism is ok because of the liberal agenda against Trump?

Have you not seen the footage of people climbing the wall in Tiawana and mocking border patrol agents? Is that not an invasion?


_________________
Democrats Create Mobs, Republicans Create Jobs


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,807
Location: Long Island, New York

19 Nov 2018, 2:07 am

Heat844 wrote:

Have you not seen the footage of people climbing the wall in Tiawana and mocking border patrol agents? Is that not an invasion?

It is not an invasion, it is political theater. If American troops shot and killed a bunch of wall climbers the media would run side by side film of American troops firing on refugees fleeing oppression with East German troops killing people trying to climb the Berlin Wall. It would be a propaganda coup for those that do like like the concept of national borders or just hate Trump. Those images are what the caravan is designed to accomplish.

It is not an invasion there is no organized Army forcing thier way across the border. Hell, it is not even Hamas throwing incendiary kites across the Israeli border.


_________________
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

"When Establishment figures declare that they’ve changed their mind on free speech and now think there should be less of it, know that they expect the speech that gets throttled to be yours, not theirs.” - Walter Olsen Cato Institute


Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 1 Jul 2018
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 126
Location: South Florida

19 Nov 2018, 2:30 am

Its not a stereotypical conventional invasion, but it is an invasion. Its possible for an enemy army to infiltrate the country through these caravans and the immigration law loopholes. They can go through "catch and release" and assemble somewhere and get their weapons later. Its kind of like the Trojan Horse an a way.

Whether or not any of these people are hostile towards the US is beside the point. The point is that the potential exists and having a porus border is insane. If you wanted to invade the US and you saw what was going on at the border, wouldn't you take advantage of that to gain access?

And why do we have security at airports and seaports but not the borders? Maybe we shouldn't have security at the airports and seaports?


_________________
Democrats Create Mobs, Republicans Create Jobs


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,462
Location: Stendec

19 Nov 2018, 9:13 am

Heat844 wrote:
Its not a stereotypical conventional invasion, but it is an invasion. Its possible for an enemy army to infiltrate the country through these caravans and the immigration law loopholes. They can go through "catch and release" and assemble somewhere and get their weapons later. Its kind of like the Trojan Horse an a way. Whether or not any of these people are hostile towards the US is beside the point. The point is that the potential exists and having a porus border is insane. If you wanted to invade the US and you saw what was going on at the border, wouldn't you take advantage of that to gain access? And why do we have security at airports and seaports but not the borders? Maybe we shouldn't have security at the airports and seaports?
You left out Bigfoot, the clone of Elvis, and grey-skinned space aliens.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,807
Location: Long Island, New York

19 Nov 2018, 1:53 pm

Heat844 wrote:
Its not a stereotypical conventional invasion, but it is an invasion. Its possible for an enemy army to infiltrate the country through these caravans and the immigration law loopholes. They can go through "catch and release" and assemble somewhere and get their weapons later. Its kind of like the Trojan Horse an a way.

Whether or not any of these people are hostile towards the US is beside the point. The point is that the potential exists and having a porus border is insane. If you wanted to invade the US and you saw what was going on at the border, wouldn't you take advantage of that to gain access?

And why do we have security at airports and seaports but not the borders? Maybe we shouldn't have security at the airports and seaports?


If 3000-5000 people can wreck our country of over 300,000,000 we are in worse shape then I thought.

If it is not a conventional invasion then the conventional military response is unwarranted. An unconventional response does not mean no response. Like I said earlier you are correct in the idea that the organizers want to break down all border security. But they want to do it by gaining a propaganda victory, so do not give them that victory by panicking and overreacting.


_________________
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

"When Establishment figures declare that they’ve changed their mind on free speech and now think there should be less of it, know that they expect the speech that gets throttled to be yours, not theirs.” - Walter Olsen Cato Institute