Trump skipped Arlington Cemetery on Veterans Day ...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 3:38 am

...because he was "extremely busy"

Trump skipped Arlington Cemetery on Veterans Day because he was “extremely busy”

Quote:
...“I should have done that,” Trump said. “I was extremely busy on calls for the country, we did a lot of calling as you know.”

"(The president’s schedule for Monday November 12 was empty, at least of public events.)

But, Trump said, he didn’t realize it would be such a big deal:"

Quote:
As you know I just left the day before the American Cemetery and I probably think — and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before. And I probably, you know, in retrospect, I should have. And I did last year, and I will virtually every year. But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris. And I really probably assumed that was fine and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state — doing other things.

"There were incorrect claims floating around that Trump was the first sitting president in 56 years not to visit Arlington on Veterans Day — in fact, presidents in recent years have often been overseas or at commemorations in different parts of the country, including Trump himself last year because he was in Vietnam for a Vietnam War commemoration. He was, however, the first ever to spend it inside the White House, tweeting about the vote count in Florida."

Quote:

The Florida Election should be called in favor of Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis in that large numbers of new ballots showed up out of nowhere, and many ballots are missing or forged. An honest vote count is no longer possible-ballots massively infected. Must go with Election Night!
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 12, 2018

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 3:51 pm

Abuot as classy as expected from this guy.

Hopefully all active & retired military people and their families remember this disrespect come election day in 2020.*

*Assuming he's not in jail yet.

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2018, 12:12 am

You liberals don't miss anything do you? Why don't you just cut to the case and blame him for every bad thing that has ever happened and will happen for the rest of eternity in this and every other universe?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 2:50 am

Heat844 wrote:
You liberals don't miss anything do you? Why don't you just cut to the case and blame him for every bad thing that has ever happened and will happen for the rest of eternity in this and every other universe?

What's with the deflecting hyperbole? :?

People are only blaming him for things that are actually his fault. Like disrespecting soldiers on Veterans Day.

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2018, 2:55 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Hopefully all active & retired military people and their families remember this disrespect come election day in 2020.*

Everybody knows its just political ceremony so they don't really care if he goes or not. If he did go you would say he went just because he was supposed to and not because he wanted to, so he can't win with you. And he was working. Its not like he was watching football or something.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 3:30 am

Heat844 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Everybody knows its just political ceremony so they don't really care if he goes or not. If he did go you would say he went just because he was supposed to and not because he wanted to, so he can't win with you. And he was working. Its not like he was watching football or something.

:lol: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/tru ... 4243e25212

You really believe he was working? That he was "busy on calls." :lol: The guy lies 9 times a day publicly & you think this isn't one of them? :lol: He was probably watching Fox News or talking to Don Jr. about his stay out of jail strategy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 9:07 am

Heat844 wrote:
It's more than just a "political ceremony", kid. It's also a show of RESPECT.

Although it is not surprising that Mr. Trump has no respect for anyone other than wealthy autocratic tyrants like Vladimir Putin, Kin Jong In, and Mohammed bin Salman (the crown prince of Saudi Arabia), and himself.

He should share a cell with Hanoi Jane.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 2:24 pm

Heat844 wrote:

Out of curiosity,anyone serve in your family?
It’s respect, and he didn’t show it.The man has no class.
It has nothing to do with party affiliation.I’m sure many of those vets laid to rest there were Republicans.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 2:45 pm

I am a veteran (with No Political Affiliation).
My brother is a veteran (a stereotypic redneck).
My cousin is a veteran (of the Viet Nam conflict).
My father was a veteran (and a hard-core Republican.
All of my uncles were veterans (Republicans, every one).
My Grand-father was a veteran (a farmer and newspaper publisher)
I can trace my ancestry to a Hessian who fought in America's war of Independence (He was a Loyalist - neither Republican nor Democrat).

We are a proud family.

If you are not a veteran or a child/sibling/parent of a veteran, you simply would not understand.