Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 7:12 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I don't believe or disbelieve him in general or to suit my own biases. I praise him if he does something good and criticise him when he does something bad. That's normal.

Tell me when he does something good.

Pulled out of TPP. Cut off funding for Al Qaeda in Syria. Worked towards peace in North Korea. Has had dialogue with Russia.

I'm not always good with alphabet soup initials. What, pray tell, is TPP?
Trump's allowed Kim to probably restart his WMD arsenal unhindered, while turning South Korea into sitting ducks by cancelling joint war games with the US.
So far, he's been crawling up the a$$ of his benefactor, Putin. I don't know how great that's supposed to be.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 9:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
...where else are the Saudis going to get their weapons?...as all the weapons the Saudis have are American made...

Not quite. Around 60% of the Saudi's arms imports come from the USA. Good old blighty is next in line with a bit over 20% (the Saudis buy nearly half of the UK's arms exports, very likely representing a greater proportion of our GDP than in the USA), and other EU countries were the bulk of the rest (the EU has now passed a resolution for an embargo but, aside from Germany, the member states with the most trade to lose are demurring.) (source: Trends in international arms transfers in 2017). The UK proportion may even have grown since then, with the BAe Typhoon fighter-jet deal getting the green light, other recent increases in sales, and imminent Brexit making it even more certain that the UK will ignore the EU embargo (the last time there was a controversial deal for BAe aircraft, we literally took payment in oil, and a lot of very dodgy economic and political shennanigans took place.) The UK government's justifications are every bit as odious as Trump's, of course, albeit stated with rather more British decorum!

Kraichgauer wrote:
We actually get far more oil from Canada than we do from the Saudis.

The report didn't say that Trump was thanking the Saudis for barrels of cheap crude, but for "oil prices getting lower". Not quite the same thing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 10:59 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
...where else are the Saudis going to get their weapons?...as all the weapons the Saudis have are American made...

Not quite. Around 60% of the Saudi's arms imports come from the USA. Good old blighty is next in line with a bit over 20% (the Saudis buy nearly half of the UK's arms exports, very likely representing a greater proportion of our GDP than in the USA), and other EU countries were the bulk of the rest (the EU has now passed a resolution for an embargo but, aside from Germany, the member states with the most trade to lose are demurring.) (source: Trends in international arms transfers in 2017). The UK proportion may even have grown since then, with the BAe Typhoon fighter-jet deal getting the green light, other recent increases in sales, and imminent Brexit making it even more certain that the UK will ignore the EU embargo (the last time there was a controversial deal for BAe aircraft, we literally took payment in oil, and a lot of very dodgy economic and political shennanigans took place.) The UK government's justifications are every bit as odious as Trump's, of course, albeit stated with rather more British decorum!

Kraichgauer wrote:
We actually get far more oil from Canada than we do from the Saudis.

The report didn't say that Trump was thanking the Saudis for barrels of cheap crude, but for "oil prices getting lower". Not quite the same thing.

I might be mistaken, but isn't the military equipment of all NATO countries compatible?
I still got the impression he was thanking the Saudis for affordable oil.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2018, 3:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I don't believe or disbelieve him in general or to suit my own biases. I praise him if he does something good and criticise him when he does something bad. That's normal.

Pulled out of TPP. Cut off funding for Al Qaeda in Syria. Worked towards peace in North Korea. Has had dialogue with Russia.

Trump's allowed Kim to probably restart his WMD arsenal unhindered, while turning South Korea into sitting ducks by cancelling joint war games with the US.
So far, he's been crawling up the a$$ of his benefactor, Putin. I don't know how great that's supposed to be.

Trans-Pacific Partnership.
The US isn't sticking to its side of the bargain. It is meant to stop the war games. Stop starting the story in the wrong place. The war games are what has led to the North acquiring weapons. Please stop the tripe, South Korea has US support, it is the North that has been isolated. If it was Obama doing this you'd be defending him. It just shows even when Trump does something positive you try to make it a bad thing. It's now at the point where you are defending your country practicing blowing up another country to pieces. A country full of brown people, so you can stop the virtue signalling about any other racism in future. Everything the US touches turns to hell, all Koreans want the US to get out of their business and let them work towards peace.
The only person he's done that with is Netanyahu. He wanted better relations with Russia, that's a positive.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2018, 3:40 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
This is a good conundrum.

Trump condemns the guy or I get lower gas prices?

I think I take lower gas prices, since they already arrested like 21 people for this. :|

War crimes are a separate charge.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2018, 3:56 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Trans-Pacific Partnership.
The US isn't sticking to its side of the bargain. It is meant to stop the war games. Stop starting the story in the wrong place. The war games are what has led to the North acquiring weapons. Please stop the tripe, South Korea has US support, it is the North that has been isolated. If it was Obama doing this you'd be defending him. It just shows even when Trump does something positive you try to make it a bad thing. It's now at the point where you are defending your country practicing blowing up another country to pieces. A country full of brown people, so you can stop the virtue signalling about any other racism in future. Everything the US touches turns to hell, all Koreans want the US to get out of their business and let them work towards peace.
The only person he's done that with is Netanyahu. He wanted better relations with Russia, that's a positive.

No, if Obama had pulled a stunt like that, I would have laid into him.
South Korea does have our support.
No, the war games began because of the military threat from the north.
Sure, South Koreans want peace, but not under the Kim strongman dynasty.
What does race have to do with this?
There was a good reason why North Korea was isolated.
Better relations with Russia is one thing, letting Putin turn off the lights to American greatness is quite another.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2018, 9:56 am

Na, you've shown you criticise Trump for the same things Obama did. All I heard was you making excuses for Obama and blaming Bush.
Again you start the story in the middle. North Korea worked towards arming themselves because Bush put them on the 'axis of evil' and pulled out of a peace treaty. Also they witnessed what the US did to Iraq who had no weapons and then what happened to Libya when they got rid of theirs.
The South Koreans and Kim want to make peace and work towards unification. Only the US is stopping that.
America's greatness? :lol: Destroying other countries isn't greatness. I never knew you supported a nationalist imperialist agenda. And you support pouring the third world into the US. Hardly going to help the "greatness".

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2018, 3:59 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Na, you've shown you criticise Trump for the same things Obama did. All I heard was you making excuses for Obama and blaming Bush.
Again you start the story in the middle. North Korea worked towards arming themselves because Bush put them on the 'axis of evil' and pulled out of a peace treaty. Also they witnessed what the US did to Iraq who had no weapons and then what happened to Libya when they got rid of theirs.
The South Koreans and Kim want to make peace and work towards unification. Only the US is stopping that.
America's greatness? :lol: Destroying other countries isn't greatness. I never knew you supported a nationalist imperialist agenda. And you support pouring the third world into the US. Hardly going to help the "greatness".

North Korea has been the aggressor since the Korean War.
Again, though South Koreans would like unity someday, they certainly don't want it under the Kim dictatorship.
Sure, America has done some pretty lousy things. But my country is the sole super power (something which some Brits seem to feel resentment about, losing their world wide empire and all :twisted: ), something which Putin wants to bring down to take revenge for the Soviet Union's fall. Trust me, the last thing you want is a Russian dominated globe.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2018, 6:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Again, though South Koreans would like unity someday, they certainly don't want it under the Kim dictatorship.
Sure, America has done some pretty lousy things. But my country is the sole super power (something which some Brits seem to feel resentment about, losing their world wide empire and all :twisted: ), something which Putin wants to bring down to take revenge for the Soviet Union's fall. Trust me, the last thing you want is a Russian dominated globe.

The US has been the aggressor, especially when they killed 1.5 million people in Korea. When will you realise it is your country's foreign policy that is the problem? Not most of the world which you've destroyed. They want unity with the North Koreans and Kim is working towards that with the South. I'm sorry peace upsets you. They all want the US out of their business.
Your conspiracy theories about Russia are boring. In reality their GDP IS nothing. They are defending themselves against the US.
Your country is destroying itself and its empire if falling apart. Importing the third world isn't helping.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2018, 8:43 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

The US has been the aggressor, especially when they killed 1.5 million people in Korea. When will you realise it is your country's foreign policy that is the problem? Not most of the world which you've destroyed. They want unity with the North Koreans and Kim is working towards that with the South. I'm sorry peace upsets you. They all want the US out of their business.
Your conspiracy theories about Russia are boring. In reality their GDP IS nothing. They are defending themselves against the US.
Your country is destroying itself and its empire if falling apart. Importing the third world isn't helping.

Uh... no. Or to quote Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: The Last Jedi "Amazing! Everything you said is wrong."
The Korean War started when the communist north invaded the south. Sure, the South would like unity, but again, not under the psychotic rule of the Kim dynasty.
Russia's GDP has nothing to do with this matter. This is entirely a long term intelligence operation ran by Russian spymaster, Vladimir Putin. He is in fact an existential threat to my country, as he blames the collapse of Russian power with the end of the Soviet Union on America. His single minded goal is to destroy the US by sowing division in the populace, and installing a compromised puppet, Donald Trump, in the White House with the intent to divest America with it's allies and isolating itself from world affairs.
What would be better for the world, a British Empire that either had never fallen or had seen a resurgence? I'll remind you that Britain had started a rivalry with the upstart Germany that had been outstripping the Brits economically. This was a contributing factor to the big blow out that had led to WWI. It was British vindictiveness with the hard peace forced on the defeated Germans that had laid the way for WWII, with all it's deaths in the millions caused by genocide, civilian bombings, and battle field casualties. Gotta tell you, the world shouldn't mourn your country's shriveling into obsolescence.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2018, 11:00 am

As for the conspiracy theories about Russia :lol: Putin is a capitalist. The Soviets killed his parents.

Right, and the US just took over from the British and continued, which was always the plan, hence the Grand Area Planning in 1939. Well the US also took over Nazi Germany's foreign policy too, removing the Nazi resistance in places like Italy and installing back the Nazi collaborators. They installed death squads across South America that used Himmler's methods of murder and torture.

And regarding Korea I will leave you with Chomsky here that debunks the fantasies in 3 minutes. The US stopped reunification after WWII. They then bombed the North till there weren't any targets left to bomb, so they bombed the irrigation damns that were used to water the rice fields which led to starvation. That's Nazism. No excuses for it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2018, 3:47 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
As for the conspiracy theories about Russia :lol: Putin is a capitalist. The Soviets killed his parents.

Right, and the US just took over from the British and continued, which was always the plan, hence the Grand Area Planning in 1939. Well the US also took over Nazi Germany's foreign policy too, removing the Nazi resistance in places like Italy and installing back the Nazi collaborators. They installed death squads across South America that used Himmler's methods of murder and torture.

And regarding Korea I will leave you with Chomsky here that debunks the fantasies in 3 minutes. The US stopped reunification after WWII. They then bombed the North till there weren't any targets left to bomb, so they bombed the irrigation damns that were used to water the rice fields which led to starvation. That's Nazism. No excuses for it.

Putin being a capitalist has nothing to do with the matter, nor does has parents being murdered by the Soviet government, unless you're suggesting that he really didn't mourn the end of Soviet power. I'll remind you, he had formerly been an officer in the KGB serving in the Soviet satellite, East Germany. He is an evil, evil little man. Making him more dangerous, he's a Russian ultra nationalist bent on making his country the most powerful on earth at the expense of all others.
When have I ever denied that the US government and intelligence have done things that would surely land them in Hell after they die?
The question is: why did the US interfere with unification all those decades ago? It was to stop the current Kim's granddaddy from ruling the Korean Peninsula with an iron hand.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 2:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Putin being a capitalist has nothing to do with the matter, nor does has parents being murdered by the Soviet government, unless you're suggesting that he really didn't mourn the end of Soviet power. I'll remind you, he had formerly been an officer in the KGB serving in the Soviet satellite, East Germany. He is an evil, evil little man. Making him more dangerous, he's a Russian ultra nationalist bent on making his country the most powerful on earth at the expense of all others.
When have I ever denied that the US government and intelligence have done things that would surely land them in Hell after they die?
The question is: why did the US interfere with unification all those decades ago? It was to stop the current Kim's granddaddy from ruling the Korean Peninsula with an iron hand.

It has everything to do with the matter. He realises communism doesn't work. Strange that you're so against it though given that you support socialism and cultural Marxism. Yeah he isn't an idiot so would be much in favour of capitalist Russia now rather than the Soviet Union. The Soviet system rotted from the inside. He worked for his country, that's all. Even the Soviets were just regional gangsters. The US is the world gangster. Again, your conspiracy theories are absurd and hilarious.

What don't you understand? The US has no right to be involved in Korea. And No, it's because the US want to control the region with an iron hand.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 3:04 am

Where did you find that report at? The MSNBC site? The CNN site? Some other fake news site?

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 3:07 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

It has everything to do with the matter. He realises communism doesn't work. Strange that you're so against it though given that you support socialism and cultural Marxism. Yeah he isn't an idiot so would be much in favour of capitalist Russia now rather than the Soviet Union. The Soviet system rotted from the inside. He worked for his country, that's all. Even the Soviets were just regional gangsters. The US is the world gangster. Again, your conspiracy theories are absurd and hilarious.

What don't you understand? The US has no right to be involved in Korea. And No, it's because the US want to control the region with an iron hand.

It has nothing to do with capitalism or communism with Putin, but with Russian nationalism and power.
Ask the South Korean government is they want American troops to leave. They'd give you an hysterical: "NOOOOO!! !"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 3:14 am

Well it does in reality but ok.

A Mafia victim doesn't really get a choice.