11-Year-Old Had to Change Last Name After Being Bullied

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 1:11 pm

More left-wing love and "tolerance."

11-Year-Old Boy Had to Change ‘Trump’ Last Name After Being Relentlessly Bullied at School

An 11-year-old boy from Delaware had to leave school, get homeschooled for a year and then change his “Trump” last name in order to stop relentless bullying, parents have revealed.

Joshua Trump, local news outlet WPVI reported, was subjected to ceaseless bullying at school because of his last name. The bullying was so bad that Joshua’s parents decided to pull him out of school.

Megan Trump said that other children cursed at her son, called him an “idiot” and called him “stupid” because of his name. Joshua’s father Bobby Berto said that the bullying began when Donald Trump, not a relative of theirs, started his run for president. Berto said he had to pull his son out of school as a result.

“He was getting ridiculed and bullied for the fact that his last name was Trump,” Berto said, adding that he homeschooled his son for a year. This school year, Joshua, now a middle schooler, attempted to go back, but not much had changed.

The parents said they warned teachers and school officials about the past bullying. They’ve decided to speak out because Joshua has said that “he hates himself, and he hates his last name, and he feels sad all the time, and he doesn’t want to live feeling like that anymore.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/11 ... at-school/

There Are Four Lights!

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 2:02 pm

It's just kids being a bunch of ***holes.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 2:09 pm

When kids see an opportunity to be cruel, they grab it and grab it hard. But I'm sure the adult Trumpsters are using this story to imply *all* anti-trump people are this way.

Children are being used as pawns in US politics and that's just sickening. Kids shouldn't know or care about politics at all until they're at least old enough to vote. If they choose to vote at all. :x

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 2:12 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
When kids see an opportunity to be cruel, they grab it and grab it hard. But I'm sure the adult Trumpsters are using this story to imply *all* anti-trump people are this way.

Children are being used as pawns in US politics and that's just sickening. Kids shouldn't know or care about politics at all until they're at least old enough to vote. If they choose to vote at all. :x

Well said.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 2:20 pm

His mom needs to make a "GO FUND ME" page, and solicit $$$$$.

Join the STOP-TRUMP-BULLYING effort by giving generously. :P

After $100,000+ rolls in, then the kid might be very happy his name is "TRUMP". :)

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 2:43 pm

I searched it ..

They're people already doing that ...

9 year old "Trump supporter" bullied in school.. asking for $1000 donation
https://www.gofundme.com/HIBinvestigationNJ

"My son was forced to say "F**K TRUMP" in school". :?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 9:43 pm

Does anyone really believe it's limited to the playground?

There are 4,788 poor souls named Trump in America — and they're sick of the election

Quote:
"Is the election over yet?" he asks me over phone. "I'm ready to get my life back now."

To be clear, this is not the schismatic Republican nominee. This is a 62-year-old technician from Virginia who prides himself as a "free-loving Democrat." But today, Don has become a guilty-by-association casualty of the prominent Trump’s antics: He cannot hand over his credit card in a restaurant without being chided. He is coaxed into political debates at backyard barbecues.

That's only just the first article I found.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2018, 9:20 pm

EzraS wrote:
Does anyone really believe it's limited to the playground?

There are 4,788 poor souls named Trump in America — and they're sick of the election

Quote:
"Is the election over yet?" he asks me over phone. "I'm ready to get my life back now."

To be clear, this is not the schismatic Republican nominee. This is a 62-year-old technician from Virginia who prides himself as a "free-loving Democrat." But today, Don has become a guilty-by-association casualty of the prominent Trump’s antics: He cannot hand over his credit card in a restaurant without being chided. He is coaxed into political debates at backyard barbecues.

That's only just the first article I found.

Imagine what people with the family name of Hitler felt, especially in Allied countries, during and after WWII.