Elizabeth Warren Running for President in 2020

Page 10 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:42 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:
Even far left writers are catching on to the implications of Warren's fraud.

Women of Color Shouldn’t Trust Elizabeth Warren
With affirmative action on the chopping block, we can’t afford to back a candidate whose fraud played into ugly stereotypes about programs to boost diversity and equality.

After Senator Elizabeth Warren officially announced her presidential candidacy, Republican Rep. Liz Cheney referred to her as a “laughingstock.” I would say Cheney is half right. While Republicans may be laughing at Warren, women of color, considered an essential component of any Democratic candidate’s path to victory, shouldn’t be laughing at all.

When Rachel Dolezal was unmasked as a white woman who misrepresented her racial and ethnic identity, in part to bolster her professional bona fides as a voice of the disenfranchised, she was penalized—heavily. She went from rising media star to late-night punchline, unemployable and impoverished. I don’t wish poverty on Warren, but I don’t understand how her only punishment for a similar fraud seems to be that she may become president.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/women-of- ... eth-warren

Warren had been told by her family she was part Native American, a thing which she had no reason to doubt, and for which she apologized for when she learned the truth. To say that she purposely misled Americans with her claims is without merit. But I do agree, her Presidential hopes are probably done for.

Hundreds of Americans are part Native American. I am part Sioux. But next to none of us register our race as "American Indian".

Apparently the untruth passed down along her family had been viewed with a great deal of pride.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:

With affirmative action on the chopping block, we can’t afford to back a candidate whose fraud played into ugly stereotypes about programs to boost diversity and equality.

After Senator Elizabeth Warren officially announced her presidential candidacy, Republican Rep. Liz Cheney referred to her as a “laughingstock.” I would say Cheney is half right. While Republicans may be laughing at Warren, women of color, considered an essential component of any Democratic candidate’s path to victory, shouldn’t be laughing at all.

When Rachel Dolezal was unmasked as a white woman who misrepresented her racial and ethnic identity, in part to bolster her professional bona fides as a voice of the disenfranchised, she was penalized—heavily. She went from rising media star to late-night punchline, unemployable and impoverished. I don’t wish poverty on Warren, but I don’t understand how her only punishment for a similar fraud seems to be that she may become president.

Warren had been told by her family she was part Native American, a thing which she had no reason to doubt, and for which she apologized for when she learned the truth. To say that she purposely misled Americans with her claims is without merit. But I do agree, her Presidential hopes are probably done for.

Hundreds of Americans are part Native American. I am part Sioux. But next to none of us register our race as "American Indian".

Apparently the untruth passed down along her family had been viewed with a great deal of pride.

It probably wasn't an untruth. She probably has a smattering of Cherokee. There are zillions of white people like myself who have been told they are, and are, a tiny part Native American. But I know that I am predominantly white. Predominantly Swiss/French and Irish. I'm sure if you look at her family tree you'd see she is also predominantly white.

She outright lied about being a minority person of color.

Although I think it may have just been a case of her imagination getting way out of control.

Last edited by EzraS on 13 Feb 2019, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:02 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:

It probably wasn't an untruth. She probably has a smattering of Cherokee. There are zillions of white people like myself who have been told they are, and are, a tiny part Native American. But I know that I am predominantly white.

She outright lied about being a minority person of color.

Although I think it may have just been a case of her imagination getting way out of control.

Or getting misinformation from her family.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

So your theory is that her entire family lied to her and told her she was predominantly Cherokee? Which would mean that they were all portraying themselves as predominantly American Indian Cherokee. Why didn't they register her in school as American Indian if that was the case? Has her brother John Herring ever registered himself as American Indian? I seriously doubt it.

Most likely being an American Indian is something Warren invented about herself, by taking an inch and turning it into a mile.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:17 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So your theory is that her entire family lied to her and told her she was predominantly Cherokee? Which would mean that they were all portraying themselves as predominantly American Indian Cherokee. Why didn't they register her in school as American Indian if that was the case? Has her brother John Herring ever registered himself as American Indian? I seriously doubt it.

Most likely being an American Indian is something Warren invented about herself, by taking an inch and turning it into a mile.

No, I'm saying they all believed this untruth as well, and passed it on to her.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Are you claiming they and she didn't know the difference between having an an American Indian ancestor and actually being an American Indian?

I'm pretty sure you're screwing with me at this point. But I'm bored and this is killing time before dinner.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:44 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Are you claiming they and she didn't know the difference between having an an American Indian ancestor and actually being an American Indian?

I'm pretty sure you're screwing with me at this point. But I'm bored and this is killing time before dinner.

I can't speak about what Warren and her family personally believed.
Enjoy your dinner.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I can't speak about what Warren and her family personally believed.
Enjoy your dinner.

You were either purposely or unintentionally not making any sense.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 9:12 pm

I wish people would stop beating other people over the head with this spurious issue.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I wish people would stop beating other people over the head with this spurious issue.

I agree. But you know me; too eager to keep battling to save face. :oops:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 11:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

we need more faces so we wouldn't have to be so busy saving 'em. ;)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 11:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ! !!
Being that I'm as sick as a dog right now, I don't foresee many more online arguments for the time being. :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 11:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ! ! !
Being that I'm as sick as a dog right now, I don't foresee many more online arguments for the time being. :(

hopefully you have a good stock of vitamin C, echinacea, and piping hot chicken soup for what ails ya :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 12:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

hopefully you have a good stock of vitamin C, echinacea, and piping hot chicken soup for what ails ya :)

Already drank the chicken soup yesterday, and didn't think ahead. No vitamin c. :cry:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 12:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Already drank the chicken soup yesterday, and didn't think ahead. No vitamin c. :cry:

I always keep "EmergenC" and "Airborne" pills in the med drawer. I hope you can persuade your SO to get you some.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 2:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I always keep "EmergenC" and "Airborne" pills in the med drawer. I hope you can persuade your SO to get you some.

Actually, my wife has located my daughter's old Flintstone Chewables. Who cares if they' probably expired! :lol: