Elizabeth Warren Running for President in 2020

Page 9 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 8:13 am

Can't blame him, it's Hollywood that promotes propaganda against the South. It'd be like blaming a parrot for swearing.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 8:22 am

Ah yes prejudice and xenophobia.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 8:31 am

I play Appalachian style banjo and folk music and grew up south of the Mason Dixon line. I can play the s**t out of the theme to the Beverly Hillbillies, written by Earl Scruggs.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 9:38 am

AspE wrote:
I play Appalachian style banjo and folk music and grew up south of the Mason Dixon line. I can play the s**t out of the theme to the Beverly Hillbillies, written by Earl Scruggs.

Sure thing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 9:40 am

Isn't that "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

EzraS wrote:
AspE wrote:

Sure thing.

Xenophobia is kind of the Republican's thing. I wouldn't want to steal it.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

kraftiekortie wrote:
Isn't that "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"?

The Ballad of Jed Clampett

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 9:51 am

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
AspE wrote:

Sure thing.

Seems most anything called republican has been stolen, based on how many times I hear "they do it too" as a defense for the behavior of democrats.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 10:04 am

EzraS wrote:
AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
AspE wrote:

Sure thing.

Seems most anything called republican has been stolen, based on how many times I hear "they do it too" as a defense for the behavior of democrats.

That's also your go to defense, wouldn't want to steal that either. After all, if we all do the same thing, then why not vote for those who are honest about it? It's a cynical form of moral equivalency. But it's also not true.

By the way, the irony of calling me racist in my attempt to point out your racism was not lost on me.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 10:10 am

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
AspE wrote:

Sure thing.

That's also your go to defense, wouldn't want to steal that either. After all, if we all do the same thing, then why not vote for those who are honest about it? It's a cynical form of moral equivalency. But it's also not true.

How is it my go to defense?

AspE wrote:
By the way, the irony of calling me racist in my attempt to point out your racism was not lost on me.

Where did I call you racist? And where have I displayed racism?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 6:28 pm

Even far left writers are catching on to the implications of Warren's fraud.

Women of Color Shouldn’t Trust Elizabeth Warren
With affirmative action on the chopping block, we can’t afford to back a candidate whose fraud played into ugly stereotypes about programs to boost diversity and equality.

After Senator Elizabeth Warren officially announced her presidential candidacy, Republican Rep. Liz Cheney referred to her as a “laughingstock.” I would say Cheney is half right. While Republicans may be laughing at Warren, women of color, considered an essential component of any Democratic candidate’s path to victory, shouldn’t be laughing at all.

When Rachel Dolezal was unmasked as a white woman who misrepresented her racial and ethnic identity, in part to bolster her professional bona fides as a voice of the disenfranchised, she was penalized—heavily. She went from rising media star to late-night punchline, unemployable and impoverished. I don’t wish poverty on Warren, but I don’t understand how her only punishment for a similar fraud seems to be that she may become president.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/women-of- ... eth-warren

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 6:36 pm

Darmok wrote:

With affirmative action on the chopping block, we can’t afford to back a candidate whose fraud played into ugly stereotypes about programs to boost diversity and equality.

After Senator Elizabeth Warren officially announced her presidential candidacy, Republican Rep. Liz Cheney referred to her as a “laughingstock.” I would say Cheney is half right. While Republicans may be laughing at Warren, women of color, considered an essential component of any Democratic candidate’s path to victory, shouldn’t be laughing at all.

When Rachel Dolezal was unmasked as a white woman who misrepresented her racial and ethnic identity, in part to bolster her professional bona fides as a voice of the disenfranchised, she was penalized—heavily. She went from rising media star to late-night punchline, unemployable and impoverished. I don’t wish poverty on Warren, but I don’t understand how her only punishment for a similar fraud seems to be that she may become president.

Warren had been told by her family she was part Native American, a thing which she had no reason to doubt, and for which she apologized for when she learned the truth. To say that she purposely misled Americans with her claims is without merit. But I do agree, her Presidential hopes are probably done for.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Warren had been told by her family she was part Native American, a thing which she had no reason to doubt, and for which she apologized for when she learned the truth. To say that she purposely misled Americans with her claims is without merit. But I do agree, her Presidential hopes are probably done for.

Hundreds of Americans are part Native American. I am part Sioux. But next to none of us register our race as "American Indian".

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:24 pm

You probably mean "hundreds of thousands."

How much Sioux do you think you have?

I once had a girlfriend who was, I believe, a quarter Native American. She named the tribe---but I forgot it. She used to go to powwows during family reunions.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You probably mean "hundreds of thousands."

How much Sioux do you think you have?

I once had a girlfriend who was, I believe, a quarter Native American. She named the tribe---but I forgot it. She used to go to powwows during family reunions.

Just a smattering like Warren and most every other white person with it. If it's even true. It's just something that's been passed down word of mouth one generation to the next.

The "evidence" is the further the generations go back, the less facial hair the men have. I have a fuller beard than my dad, he has a fuller one than his dad and so on.

Except for being fair skinned I probably look somewhat native with my high cheek bones and black hair. Although the black hair comes from my mother's side and is actually an Irish trait.

Last edited by EzraS on 13 Feb 2019, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:42 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Hundreds of Americans are part Native American. I am part Sioux. But next to none of us register our race as "American Indian".

Apparently the untruth passed down along her family had been viewed with a great deal of pride.