Elizabeth Warren Running for President in 2020

Page 2 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 11:28 pm

I'll give Warren 1/1024th of a vote har har.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 11:55 pm

You all remember the “Mike Dukakis Tank” image?

Dukakis, trying to overcome the public perception that he was a wimp and soft on the military, boarded a tank on September 13, 1988. The image tanked his presidential campaign because the theater he created exposed him as a phony. Trying to portray the candidate as something he so clearly was not diminished the candidate and reduced him to a punchline.

Even the press corps howled with laughter at Dukakis.

Fast forward to Elizabeth Warren’s campaign launch.

Warren is surrounded by a team of consultants who have carefully managed her campaign rollout, and in the process have damaged her severely.

The release of her DNA test results right before the midterms is almost uniformly seen as a public relations disaster, from which she still is trying to recover. Rather than confirm the validity of her claim when she was climbing the law professor ladder to Harvard to be Native American, it turned her into a laughingstock.

Then Warren announced her candidacy on New Year’s Eve day. What were her handlers thinking? The timing could not have been worse. Perhaps they thought that in a slow news cycle her announcement would dominate the headlines in a good way. Instead, with little else going on, it gave even left-leaning media the opportunity to express doubts about her. And that slow news cycle ended up being dominated by Trump announcing on television that only Warren’s psychiatrist knows whether Warren actually believes she can win.

All those mistakes are dwarfed by what Warren did on New Year’s Eve. She went on Instagram live to drink beer in her kitchen. Seriously.

It’s obvious that she was trying to mimic Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the far-left Democrat rising star, who has made a name for herself, among other ways, by live streaming her meal preparation from her kitchen.

It worked for Ocasio-Cortez because — love her or hate her — it was genuine.

So Warren’s handlers had an idea. Let’s have Elizabeth try to be like the cool kid, and live stream her drinking beer from her kitchen.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/01/e ... -moment-2/

There Are Four Lights!

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2019, 12:26 am

DystopianShadows wrote:
Oh good. Our first April Fool's joke of the year has arrived.
Whoops. You're right. Hitler was a rightie. :oops:

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2019, 12:28 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
Incidentally, she has a similar platform to Hitler doesn't she? (Other than the Holocaust thing)

Someone's getting mixed up with your current incumbent.
Whoops. You're right. Hitler was a rightie. :oops:

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2019, 12:55 am

I hope her and the rest of them complain about white males being the problem. That message will no doubt resonate with the American working class who feel abandoned by the Democrats.

The Dems are doing a great job putting illegal aliens ahead of American citizens. So Progressive of them!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 1:02 am

if the democrats [supposedly] "abandoned me," that is still worlds better than the GOP and their boosters/MAGAs routinely sh*****g all over me and mine every day, with malice aforethought.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 1:12 am

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 8:55 pm

Warren would make an excellent President. Unfortunately, people just looking for a reason not to vote for her would dredge up that Native American ancestry crap to justify supporting Trump.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 8:59 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
I hope her and the rest of them complain about white males being the problem. That message will no doubt resonate with the American working class who feel abandoned by the Democrats.

The Dems are doing a great job putting illegal aliens ahead of American citizens. So Progressive of them!

Why would she do that? Her target would be the corrupt big banks and super wealthy corporations and individuals who get away without paying taxes. Last time I checked, she's one of the few politicians out there actually out for the the little guy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 8:59 pm

about time we had a native American run for potus.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 9:18 pm

the MAGAs don't see themselves as "the little guy," and they bitterly resent politicians paying even lip service to the real little guys and not their own white privileged selves.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 9:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the MAGAs don't see themselves as "the little guy," and they bitterly resent politicians paying even lip service to the real little guys and not their own white privileged selves.

That's my take on it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 10:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's my take on it.

if only the MAGAs could see themselves the way il trumpo and the rest of the upper class see them. they would wilt.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 11:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's my take on it.

if only the MAGAs could see themselves the way il trumpo and the rest of the upper class see them. they would wilt.

But that will never be, as they refuse to see Trump as he really is. They seem to believe he's wise, all knowing, and kind, even though all the available evidence says otherwise. Such people will never acknowledge that Trump holds them below contempt, especially since they blindly follow him wherever he leads.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 11:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's my take on it.

But that will never be, as they refuse to see Trump as he really is. They seem to believe he's wise, all knowing, and kind, even though all the available evidence says otherwise. Such people will never acknowledge that Trump holds them below contempt, especially since they blindly follow him wherever he leads.

is that a fine madness going on there, or something else?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jan 2019, 11:53 pm

Some folk are like that. They want a hero or demagogue, however clayey his feet might be. Especially if that person targets certain groups of people to blame for their problems.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/