Elizabeth Warren Running for President in 2020

Page 8 of 19 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,869
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Jan 2019, 12:42 am

Heat844 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I feel the same way about the Obamas pretending not to be Swiss.

Kenya is/was a Swiss colony?


No. Switzerland was never a colonial power. I have no idea what Ezra means.


Ezra is Swiss and was trying to be funny.
I was just trying to be funny. I guess nobody got the joke. Is not having a sense of humor an autistic trait? I'm glad I'm an exception to that if so.


I might have thought it was funny... if I understood that Ezra is Swiss.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,054
Location: Twin Peaks

14 Jan 2019, 1:35 am

Heat844 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I feel the same way about the Obamas pretending not to be Swiss.

Kenya is/was a Swiss colony?


No. Switzerland was never a colonial power. I have no idea what Ezra means.


Ezra is Swiss and was trying to be funny.
I was just trying to be funny. I guess nobody got the joke. Is not having a sense of humor an autistic trait? I'm glad I'm an exception to that if so.


I laugh at my own jokes so I must have an excellent sense of humor.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,054
Location: Twin Peaks

14 Jan 2019, 1:36 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I feel the same way about the Obamas pretending not to be Swiss.

Kenya is/was a Swiss colony?


No. Switzerland was never a colonial power. I have no idea what Ezra means.


Ezra is Swiss and was trying to be funny.
I was just trying to be funny. I guess nobody got the joke. Is not having a sense of humor an autistic trait? I'm glad I'm an exception to that if so.


I might have thought it was funny... if I understood that Ezra is Swiss.


Yes that would've helped.



Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,951
Location: New England

05 Feb 2019, 8:57 pm

The Kamala Harris faction is working hard to clear the Dem field by knocking off the competition. The latest is a dump of Elizabeth Warren's Texas bar application claiming in her own handwriting to be "American Indian."

Image


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

05 Feb 2019, 10:36 pm

That's going to be a problem for her. But she did have a native ancestor. But she also looks like the whitest person in the world.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,054
Location: Twin Peaks

05 Feb 2019, 10:51 pm

Many americans had a native ancestor. Most don't call themselves an American Indian because of it. Although I know that reservation vendors get sick of tourists telling them that they're 1/64th Cherokee Indian.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

05 Feb 2019, 11:00 pm

EzraS wrote:
Many americans had a native ancestor. Most don't call themselves an American Indian because of it. Although I know that reservation vendors get sick of tourists telling them that they're 1/64th Cherokee Indian.

I know, it was a mistake. But it's not like she dressed up in native garb and painted her face brown.



Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,951
Location: New England

05 Feb 2019, 11:12 pm

Warren is done. The Kamala Harris faction, with the assistance of the Washington Post, has knocked her out of the running.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Tuesday that she was sorry that she identified herself as a Native American for almost two decades, reflecting her ongoing struggle to quiet a controversy that continues to haunt her as she prepares to formally announce a presidential bid.

Her comments more fully explain the regret she expressed last week to the chief of the Cherokee Nation, the first time she’s said she was sorry for claiming American Indian heritage.

The private apology was earlier reported as focusing more narrowly on a DNA test she took to demonstrate her purported heritage, a move that prompted a ferocious backlash even from many allies. Warren will be vying to lead a party that has become far more mindful of nonwhite voters and their objections to misuse of their culture....

In addition to the DNA test, she released employment documents over the summer to show she didn’t use ethnicity to further her career. And in a speech a year ago she addressed her decision to call herself a Native American, though she didn’t offer the apology that some wanted at the time.

But as Warren undergoes increased scrutiny as a presidential candidate, additional documents could surface to keep the issue alive.

Using an open records request during a general inquiry, for example, The Post obtained Warren’s registration card for the State Bar of Texas, providing a previously undisclosed example of Warren identifying as an “American Indian.” Warren filled out the card by hand in neat blue ink and signed it. Dated April 1986, it is the first document to surface showing Warren making the claim in her own handwriting. Her office didn’t dispute its authenticity.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

05 Feb 2019, 11:14 pm

As I said, it's a problem, but it doesn't mean she's done.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,584
Location: Palestine

06 Feb 2019, 12:08 pm

She'd be about the third worst option of those running for the leader. Her and Havard lied about her ethnicity though to gloat about a "woman of colour" being there. At least she supported Trump pulling out of of Syria.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,951
Location: New England

06 Feb 2019, 5:48 pm

Image

Darmok wrote:
Image


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

06 Feb 2019, 7:13 pm

OK, yeah, she's done.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,869
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Feb 2019, 9:30 pm

AspE wrote:
OK, yeah, she's done.


And that's sincerely too bad, as she more than proved that she was a champion of consumer protection, and an enemy of oligarchs threatening American liberty and equality.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

06 Feb 2019, 9:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AspE wrote:
OK, yeah, she's done.


And that's sincerely too bad, as she more than proved that she was a champion of consumer protection, and an enemy of oligarchs threatening American liberty and equality.

Luckily we have a good selection this season.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,869
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Feb 2019, 9:49 pm

AspE wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
AspE wrote:
OK, yeah, she's done.


And that's sincerely too bad, as she more than proved that she was a champion of consumer protection, and an enemy of oligarchs threatening American liberty and equality.

Luckily we have a good selection this season.


That is true.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer