Elizabeth Warren Running for President in 2020

Page 9 of 19 [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,105
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Feb 2019, 10:20 pm

I'm just thinking back on all the earlier outrage over this and the usual hackneyed accusations of racism.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

06 Feb 2019, 10:58 pm

EzraS wrote:
I'm just thinking back on all the earlier outrage over this and the usual hackneyed accusations of racism.

There was no evidence she tried to get any advantage from thinking she was native American. Now there apparently is. You should be encouraged that we change our minds given new information.

And the term "Pocahontas" as an epithet is still racist.



Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,476
Location: New England

06 Feb 2019, 11:19 pm

She's finished! :mrgreen:

Elizabeth Warren Admits To Wearing Paleface At College Costume Party

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Senator Elizabeth Warren is embroiled in controversy once again, this time after she admitted to wearing racially offensive "paleface" at a costume party back in her college days.

"As a proud Native American woman, I now realize that dressing as a white woman at that party all those years ago was insensitive and offensive," she said in a heartfelt apology video. "It was wrong of me to culturally appropriate white culture, as I am only 1023/1024th white European colonizer."


https://babylonbee.com/news/elizabeth-w ... tume-party


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,105
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Feb 2019, 11:21 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm just thinking back on all the earlier outrage over this and the usual hackneyed accusations of racism.

There was no evidence she tried to get any advantage from thinking she was native American. Now there apparently is. You should be encouraged that we change our minds given new information.


A drop in the bucket of outrage.

AspE wrote:
And the term "Pocahontas" as an epithet is still racist.


Why?



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

07 Feb 2019, 10:49 am

EzraS wrote:
Why?

You tell me Jethro.



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,651
Location: Houston, Texas

07 Feb 2019, 6:40 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm just thinking back on all the earlier outrage over this and the usual hackneyed accusations of racism.

There was no evidence she tried to get any advantage from thinking she was native American. Now there apparently is. You should be encouraged that we change our minds given new information.

And the term "Pocahontas" as an epithet is still racist.


Ironically, the real Pocahontas wasn't Cherokee.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,190
Location: USA

07 Feb 2019, 8:19 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Why?

You tell me Jethro.

Is that a reference to dim-witted Jethro in the tv show "Beverly Hillbillies"?

So, you're calling ezras a dim-witted hillbilly?

Image


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,105
Location: Twin Peaks

07 Feb 2019, 10:21 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Why?

You tell me Jethro.


So you don't have an answer?



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,105
Location: Twin Peaks

07 Feb 2019, 10:28 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm just thinking back on all the earlier outrage over this and the usual hackneyed accusations of racism.

There was no evidence she tried to get any advantage from thinking she was native American. Now there apparently is. You should be encouraged that we change our minds given new information.

And the term "Pocahontas" as an epithet is still racist.


Ironically, the real Pocahontas wasn't Cherokee.


It's probably inspired by the fictional versions of Pocahontas. If Warren were male it probably would have been "Tonto".



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

07 Feb 2019, 10:46 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Why?

You tell me Jethro.

Is that a reference to dim-witted Jethro in the tv show "Beverly Hillbillies"?

So, you're calling ezras a dim-witted hillbilly?

I couldn't possibly! I love and respect all mountain people from the South!



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,105
Location: Twin Peaks

07 Feb 2019, 10:51 pm

AspE wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Why?

You tell me Jethro.

Is that a reference to dim-witted Jethro in the tv show "Beverly Hillbillies"?

So, you're calling ezras a dim-witted hillbilly?

I couldn't possibly! I love and respect all mountain people from the South!


Are you in baffle with bullshit mode?



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

07 Feb 2019, 11:01 pm

EzraS wrote:
Are you in baffle with bullshit mode?

I don't know, Elmer Fudd, why don't you ask a Native American?



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,105
Location: Twin Peaks

07 Feb 2019, 11:09 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Are you in baffle with bullshit mode?

I don't know, Elmer Fudd, why don't you ask a Native American?


You should have just supplied that when I asked why, instead of proffering a lot of gibberish.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

07 Feb 2019, 11:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
You should have just supplied that when I asked why, instead of proffering a lot of gibberish.

Yeah, I realize now I gotta keep it dirt simple for y'all.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,105
Location: Twin Peaks

07 Feb 2019, 11:27 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
You should have just supplied that when I asked why, instead of proffering a lot of gibberish.

Yeah, I realize now I gotta keep it dirt simple for y'all.


Whatever cleverness you were trying to pull off, just isn't something that registers with autistic minds. So yeah, it's best if you're just straightforward instead of being condescendingly asinine.