Elizabeth Warren Running for President in 2020

Page 3 of 19 [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,501
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Jan 2019, 11:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the MAGAs don't see themselves as "the little guy," and they bitterly resent politicians paying even lip service to the real little guys and not their own white privileged selves.


That's my take on it.

if only the MAGAs could see themselves the way il trumpo and the rest of the upper class see them. they would wilt.


But that will never be, as they refuse to see Trump as he really is. They seem to believe he's wise, all knowing, and kind, even though all the available evidence says otherwise. Such people will never acknowledge that Trump holds them below contempt, especially since they blindly follow him wherever he leads.

is that a fine madness going on there, or something else?



envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,100
Location: Keshron, Super-Zakhyria

02 Jan 2019, 11:53 pm

Some folk are like that. They want a hero or demagogue, however clayey his feet might be. Especially if that person targets certain groups of people to blame for their problems.


_________________
Why is a trailer behind a car but ahead of a movie?


my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,501
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Jan 2019, 11:59 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Some folk are like that. They want a hero or demagogue, however clayey his feet might be. Especially if that person targets certain groups of people to blame for their problems.

the people here who look up to that man, seem to have a need to look down on others dissimilar to themselves, a need to parse between "my kind" and "the other."



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,535
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

03 Jan 2019, 12:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the MAGAs don't see themselves as "the little guy," and they bitterly resent politicians paying even lip service to the real little guys and not their own white privileged selves.


That's my take on it.

if only the MAGAs could see themselves the way il trumpo and the rest of the upper class see them. they would wilt.


But that will never be, as they refuse to see Trump as he really is. They seem to believe he's wise, all knowing, and kind, even though all the available evidence says otherwise. Such people will never acknowledge that Trump holds them below contempt, especially since they blindly follow him wherever he leads.

is that a fine madness going on there, or something else?


Choosing to be deluded, I think.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,501
Location: the island of defective toy santas

03 Jan 2019, 12:06 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the MAGAs don't see themselves as "the little guy," and they bitterly resent politicians paying even lip service to the real little guys and not their own white privileged selves.


That's my take on it.

if only the MAGAs could see themselves the way il trumpo and the rest of the upper class see them. they would wilt.


But that will never be, as they refuse to see Trump as he really is. They seem to believe he's wise, all knowing, and kind, even though all the available evidence says otherwise. Such people will never acknowledge that Trump holds them below contempt, especially since they blindly follow him wherever he leads.

is that a fine madness going on there, or something else?


Choosing to be deluded, I think.

the key question, is "why"? is their hatred of the other stronger than anything else?



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,535
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

03 Jan 2019, 12:11 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the MAGAs don't see themselves as "the little guy," and they bitterly resent politicians paying even lip service to the real little guys and not their own white privileged selves.


That's my take on it.

if only the MAGAs could see themselves the way il trumpo and the rest of the upper class see them. they would wilt.


But that will never be, as they refuse to see Trump as he really is. They seem to believe he's wise, all knowing, and kind, even though all the available evidence says otherwise. Such people will never acknowledge that Trump holds them below contempt, especially since they blindly follow him wherever he leads.

is that a fine madness going on there, or something else?


Choosing to be deluded, I think.

the key question, is "why"? is their hatred of the other stronger than anything else?


Probably a combination of bad parenting, fear of the different, insecurity concerning themselves, just plain stupidity, and Original Sin.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,185
Location: USA

03 Jan 2019, 12:52 am

Democrat party insiders will stop her.

Democrats won't nominate someone who attacks their donors.


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,501
Location: the island of defective toy santas

03 Jan 2019, 12:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Probably a combination of bad parenting, fear of the different, insecurity concerning themselves, just plain stupidity, and Original Sin.

or aggressively arrogant non-curiosity combined with dunning-kreuger.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,535
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

03 Jan 2019, 2:33 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Probably a combination of bad parenting, fear of the different, insecurity concerning themselves, just plain stupidity, and Original Sin.

or aggressively arrogant non-curiosity combined with dunning-kreuger.


Maybe so.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,635
Location: Houston, Texas

03 Jan 2019, 2:39 am

auntblabby wrote:
about time we had a native American run for potus.


We could call people racist *and* sexist if they criticize her. Isn’t Kamala Harris also running?


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,030
Location: Twin Peaks

03 Jan 2019, 2:56 am

Warren's dna test showed that she is not a native american. and she made a mistake taking that test trying to prove that she's something she is not. despite whatever trump or anyone else said about it beforehand, she took over as the one making it an issue.

and i doubt trump supporters as a whole mindlessly worship him. they just don't see him as being as evil as liberals do, which comes off as ridiculously over exaggerated. both in regards to trump and them.



Drake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,414

03 Jan 2019, 7:25 am

auntblabby wrote:
about time we had a native American run for potus.

You say that as if she is one.



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,185
Location: USA

03 Jan 2019, 3:23 pm

Drake wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
about time we had a native American run for potus.

You say that as if she is one.

Right. Tribes reject and find it offensive her "proof" is DNA.

Why Many Native Americans Are Angry With Elizabeth Warren
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/p ... -test.html

So SHE CANT RUN AS A NATIVE AMERICAN, because that would make tribes very angry.


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,800
Location: Stendec

03 Jan 2019, 5:02 pm

She could run as a reptiloid space alien and still be a better candidate than the current Demander-In-Chief.

Of course, if a normal, sane, honest person with a PhD in Physics who is also an honorably-discharged military veteran, and lacking a criminal record ran for president, I would favor such a person over anyone else.



Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,412
Location: New England

03 Jan 2019, 10:10 pm

Image


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!