Elizabeth Warren Running for President in 2020

Page 5 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 7:50 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[
And the point is...?

She's was a POC ....

It's what that periodical stated. She has said she isn't. Such as I have a little Jewish background, but have never claimed that I'm a Jew (despite the fact that milk is giving me gas as I get older).

sunset47
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2019, 7:53 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
The US may have had a non-white president, but I know the government doesn't want a female president ever. Never mind that there have been female presidents and leaders in other countries.

Of course, gender alone does not make a good leader.

Agreed. A good solid conservative women or libertarian women could be an interesting first female president.

EQ = 50
SQ = 37
AQ = 22
You are very likely neurotypical

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 5:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[
And the point is...?

She's was a POC ....

It's what that periodical stated. She has said she isn't. Such as I have a little Jewish background, but have never claimed that I'm a Jew (despite the fact that milk is giving me gas as I get older).

She goes on about being a Cherokee to the point where she takes a DNA test to prove it - and yet the Fordham Law Review decided to call her a person of color on its own without any imput from her? Unlikely. More likely she was posing as Native American woman of color. She and she alone has been actively behind this from the 1995 Harvard law school hiring to the 2018 failed DNA test. Now she as a white person is having to go around proclaiming that she's (obviously) not a person of color. ...And this is all supposed to be someone elses fault.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 11:02 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[
And the point is...?

She's was a POC ....

She goes on about being a Cherokee to the point where she takes a DNA test to prove it - and yet the Fordham Law Review decided to call her a person of color on its own without any imput from her? Unlikely. More likely she was posing as Native American woman of color. She and she alone has been actively behind this from the 1995 Harvard law school hiring to the 2018 failed DNA test. Now she as a white person is having to go around proclaiming that she's (obviously) not a person of color. ...And this is all supposed to be someone elses fault.

If she did, it was only because of what her family had told her. It hardly means she was purposely deceitful, say like Trump claiming he's a self made billionaire (he isn't self made, let alone a real billionaire).

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 11:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[
And the point is...?

She's was a POC ....

If she did, it was only because of what her family had told her. It hardly means she was purposely deceitful, say like Trump claiming he's a self made billionaire (he isn't self made, let alone a real billionaire).

Lots of white families have stories of a native american ancestor. Even mine does. But next to none of us has ever or will ever be referred to as a person of color or get a DNA test to prove we have a smattering Native American... unless we go around saying we are native americans. One reason why I would never think about calling myself a Sioux, is because the native american people have a rich heritage that I am not a part of and have suffered greatly in ways that I have never been a part of.

Now I don't think this is any big deal or major outrage. But I'm sure not going to mind her getting lampooned over it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 12:13 pm

How many of you defending the candidate would think its a minor thing if she said she is autistic because a psychologist once told her she had one autistic trait?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 3:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[
And the point is...?

She's was a POC ....

Lots of white families have stories of a native american ancestor. Even mine does. But next to none of us has ever or will ever be referred to as a person of color or get a DNA test to prove we have a smattering Native American... unless we go around saying we are native americans. One reason why I would never think about calling myself a Sioux, is because the native american people have a rich heritage that I am not a part of and have suffered greatly in ways that I have never been a part of.

Now I don't think this is any big deal or major outrage. But I'm sure not going to mind her getting lampooned over it.

Trump and his old man for years denied their German heritage by claiming to be Swedish; a thing I, as a German American, find particularly egregious. They damn well knew they weren't Swedes, but said they were. Does he deserve to be lampooned for that?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 6:36 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
How many of you defending the candidate would think its a minor thing if she said she is autistic because a psychologist once told her she had one autistic trait?

Of it was a republican who did it they’d be demanding hers/his resignation.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 10:10 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 10:13 pm

Darmok wrote:

I think Bernie demonstrated how an elderly candidate can be popular with the young.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 10:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Trump and his old man for years denied their German heritage by claiming to be Swedish; a thing I, as a German American, find particularly egregious. They damn well knew they weren't Swedes, but said they were. Does he deserve to be lampooned for that?

Absolutely. When Trump calls her Pocahontas, she can call him Leif Erikson.

(I know Erikson was from Iceland but that's the only name that popped into my head)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 11:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:

I think Bernie demonstrated how an elderly candidate can be popular with the young.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 1:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Damn right!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 11:14 pm

Yup.

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 12:29 am

Darmok wrote:
Yup.

Sorta like Trump pretending to be a self made billionaire.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 12:51 am

Darmok wrote:
Yup.

I actually agree, but it doesn't mean the Republicans are any better. Vote Green!