Florida Girl Accused of Cheating on Her SATs...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 10:15 am

... Because she's black? You decide.

Source: This CNN Article.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 11:42 am

I don't know how the American education system works, but how would they know she's black in the first place? By guessing from her first name? White people butcher the spelling of names like that for their kids too.

Also, presumably whoever the answers were similar for will have got flagged too. Are they black?

What we have right now is far below the bar for throwing around accusations of racism. Is there even anything beyond person was (allegedly) wronged and is black?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 12:27 pm

Recently, people have called police on blacks for talking to their mothers on the phone, for waiting to place an order until the rest of their party arrived, for picking up trash in their own yard, for driving their own expensive car while wearing blue jeans and a tee-shirt, for laughing at a movie, for making a video recording of someone else's arrest ... et cetera.

It would not surprise me at all to find out that the student's SAT results were flagged and frozen for "Earning a High Score While Black".

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2019, 12:57 pm

People are trying to make that look like it's racial while it doesn't appear like that to me.
It's like the girl shouldn't be going through all that because she is black.
If there's enough evidence, they should flag the tests no matter what.

Now, if there's no evidence - what I don't believe is the case - they shouldn't be sending letters and everything. That's stupid of them and they will pay dearly.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 1:41 pm

Is it a case of "Scoring High While Black"?

Is it a case of an algorithm flagging the results?

Is it a case of media boredom on a slow news day?

We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 2:40 pm

"A score is never flagged for review solely on score gains, said Zach Goldberg, a spokesman for The College Board, the company that conducts the SAT"

"But scores may be flagged for a number of reasons, including testing sheets having similar answers or an incident occurring at the testing site, he said. Goldberg could not say how many tests have been flagged".
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/us/flori ... index.html

So, in addition to a 330 point gain, it appears her answers were similar to other students' answers.

Racist computer programs? Not likely.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 4:38 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
... So, in addition to a 330 point gain, it appears her answers were similar to other students' answers...
So ... lemme get this straight ... the more correct answers you get, the fewer incorrect answers you get ... and the more people who get more correct answers, the more likely their answers will be the same.

I mean, if you get every answer right, then you get the same answers right as anyone else who got every answer right.

Right?

Also, if her answers were similar to other students' answers, then why was she the ONLY one whose results were flagged?

There should be at least one other person whose results were flagged for "similar results", yet no one else was ... especially no other white person.

Very suspicious.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 8:55 pm

so if that's the case, is this the first and only student to have a sat flagged because of being black? how many other black students took the sat there in 2018?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 9:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
... So, in addition to a 330 point gain, it appears her answers were similar to other students' answers...
So ... lemme get this straight ... the more correct answers you get, the fewer incorrect answers you get ... and the more people who get more correct answers, the more likely their answers will be the same.

I mean, if you get every answer right, then you get the same answers right as anyone else who got every answer right.

Right?

Also, if her answers were similar to other students' answers, then why was she the ONLY one whose results were flagged?

There should be at least one other person whose results were flagged for "similar results", yet no one else was ... especially no other white person.

Very suspicious.

They said, they won't release the names of anyone else "flagged".

We only know about her because she made it public.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 9:38 am

So why has no one else made their notifications public?

Were there even any other notifications in the first place?

Very suspicious...

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2019, 12:56 am

Drake wrote:
I don't know how the American education system works, but how would they know she's black in the first place?
Great question. You could ask the same question about the voter supression BS liberals try to pull all the time.

I have a few other questions before I render any opinion on this:

1. How would you cheat on an SAT test? I'm sure she wasn't googling the answers.
2. Did she in fact have all the same questions both times? If she was flagged for having similar answers to other students, than I guess that would be a Yes.
3. Wouldn't the proctor being there prevent people looking at each other's tests? Unless she had savantish peripheral vision, this would be an impractical tactic as she would eventually get caught for as many times as she would have to look at her neighbor's bubble sheet to effectively cheat.
4. Is it SOP for the SAT people to flag a re-test if the score is at least a certain amount higher than the first test's score?
5. Assuming the SAT person who scrutinized her test somehow knew she was black, can you liberals seriously imagine them saying "Oh she's black. She obviously cheated"? Not to mention A few people up the chain-of-command would have to agree with them before that accusation was made official. Also not to mention they (the whole chain) would know the shit-storm they would stir up making such an accusation.

A little critical thinking reveals this to be another case of liberal BS(But perhaps she is still being treated unfairly). I thought us autistic people were supposed to be critical thinking savants. Liberalism appears to fry your brain.