Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 13 of 19 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 3:33 am

sly279 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Am I the only one who sees the irony in a country of people hating illegal immigrants when their own ancestors all came to this country as immigrants who forcibly took land away from the native people who were here first?

Oh yeah, I told someone in PM we are all immigrants in a way because our ancestors came here. This land was originally lived on by Natives until it got discovered. Then the whites came over here and started to just claim land and building and making laws.

No one was native to the America’s. They came from Asia, we all came from the Middle East and spread out over thousands of years. We are all one people.

Middle East? Says who? :?

I've read that the greatest variation in the human gene pool is in Africa, and thus scientists believe we all came from Africa, as every human population on the planet is a subset of humans found there.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 4:36 am

sly279 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Am I the only one who sees the irony in a country of people hating illegal immigrants when their own ancestors all came to this country as immigrants who forcibly took land away from the native people who were here first?

Oh yeah, I told someone in PM we are all immigrants in a way because our ancestors came here. This land was originally lived on by Natives until it got discovered. Then the whites came over here and started to just claim land and building and making laws.

No one was native to the America’s. They came from Asia, we all came from the Middle East and spread out over thousands of years. We are all one people.

By that logic, no one is native anywhere. We all came from Africa, which itself is a very large place. But genetically, there were a first people to arrive in the Americas, and they have been there for more than 10,000 years. Does this give them an absolute right to a large swath of the Earth? No. But Europeans negotiated with them in good faith for only a short time before things went really genocidal. More recently, natives tried to assimilate into our society, and due to racism, we victimized them again. It's nothing to be proud of, and we need to understand that. Any ethnic nationalism, including native nationalism, is wrong.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 10:20 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Many of those MAGA hat wearing kids were shouting "Build the wall!"--an anti-immigration slogan--at a group of Indigenous Americans.

No, the irony of that was not lost on me, but it was surely lost on those ignorant kids. :lol:

Lol I think that's very sad. :lol:

BTW after reading these previous posts I realize how funny it is when Americans criticize the evil things that other countries like Africa have done (such as genocide) but whenever you point out that Americans have done the same things to people like killing off most of the Native Americans they rationalize themselves by saying "Well ALL countries do terrible things so it's OK that we did it too!", so yeah Americans think other countries doing terrible things is evil but it's all good when they do it. :P

And no it aint all "in the past". Native Americans are still treated like garbage from what I understand. Try visiting an indian reserve and see just what they have all been reduced to.

It's a similar situation in Canada, there is still a lot of racism and mistreatment of Indigenous people. I grew up near a reserve and went to school with many Native kids from there so I saw a lot of that mistreatment firsthand.

I heard it also happens in Australia where the aborigines are treated pretty badly.

My brother had a teacher who also treated the Natives bad. My brother is a descendant but when he gets too much son, he looks Native. He has the hair and the eye color. She treated them just like how black people are treated. She would have them on one side of the classroom and give them very little attention while giving all her attention to white students. This was on a Indian Reservation so I found it very odd, if she hated Natives so much, why would she teach on a Indian reservation, did she just come there to bully them? But she was eventually fired after too many parents complained. I remember my brother had lot of problems with her and I remember he wasn't doing his school work because of it. Probably because he didn't like how he was being treated so he was like "I am not doing any work by you b***h, you don't deserve my team work." He was only eleven then. Getting him to do his homework from that class was pulling teeth.

Funny you should mention that... I used to have a teacher from New Jersey who moved to Georgia when I was in middle school and she was always looking down on everything about the deep south. She was always saying that we were slow, lazy, and racist and she really had it out for me the most I think because of my aspergers. She would purposely exclude me from certain classroom projects trying to make me feel bad and I have always had a problem with biting myself when upset and she once told me "I don't want you bleeding all over the floor". I really could not stand that woman! Why would she even move to Georgia to become a teacher if she hated everything about us and thought she was better than us? :?

So that devil went down to Georgia? I hope they gave her what for!

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 5:26 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Many of those MAGA hat wearing kids were shouting "Build the wall!"--an anti-immigration slogan--at a group of Indigenous Americans.

No, the irony of that was not lost on me, but it was surely lost on those ignorant kids. :lol:

Lol I think that's very sad. :lol:

BTW after reading these previous posts I realize how funny it is when Americans criticize the evil things that other countries like Africa have done (such as genocide) but whenever you point out that Americans have done the same things to people like killing off most of the Native Americans they rationalize themselves by saying "Well ALL countries do terrible things so it's OK that we did it too!", so yeah Americans think other countries doing terrible things is evil but it's all good when they do it. :P

And no it aint all "in the past". Native Americans are still treated like garbage from what I understand. Try visiting an indian reserve and see just what they have all been reduced to.

It's a similar situation in Canada, there is still a lot of racism and mistreatment of Indigenous people. I grew up near a reserve and went to school with many Native kids from there so I saw a lot of that mistreatment firsthand.

I heard it also happens in Australia where the aborigines are treated pretty badly.

My brother had a teacher who also treated the Natives bad. My brother is a descendant but when he gets too much son, he looks Native. He has the hair and the eye color. She treated them just like how black people are treated. She would have them on one side of the classroom and give them very little attention while giving all her attention to white students. This was on a Indian Reservation so I found it very odd, if she hated Natives so much, why would she teach on a Indian reservation, did she just come there to bully them? But she was eventually fired after too many parents complained. I remember my brother had lot of problems with her and I remember he wasn't doing his school work because of it. Probably because he didn't like how he was being treated so he was like "I am not doing any work by you b***h, you don't deserve my team work." He was only eleven then. Getting him to do his homework from that class was pulling teeth.

Funny you should mention that... I used to have a teacher from New Jersey who moved to Georgia when I was in middle school and she was always looking down on everything about the deep south. She was always saying that we were slow, lazy, and racist and she really had it out for me the most I think because of my aspergers. She would purposely exclude me from certain classroom projects trying to make me feel bad and I have always had a problem with biting myself when upset and she once told me "I don't want you bleeding all over the floor". I really could not stand that woman! Why would she even move to Georgia to become a teacher if she hated everything about us and thought she was better than us? :?

So that devil went down to Georgia? I hope they gave her what for!

Not really, the other students just went along with everything she said and she pretty much turned them all against me and encouraged them to bully me. She was like one of those abusive mothers who turn their own children against the one child she singles out for abuse.

Eventually my mom pulled me out of school because I was being bullied and I was placed in a special needs that I loved. The teachers and students there were so nice to me!

FrankStein
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2019, 8:44 am

Listen very carefully. Every advanced country has a ID card for citizens or legal residents... everyone except one. Can you guess which one that is? If you guessed the USA you would be correct. In France, for example, without a residence card, you cannot be officially employed, cannot open a bank account, cannot own or drive a car, cannot buy property, cannot easily access government services. In the good ole USA, you can do all of this. It would seem to be an open invitation for the "undocumented." It is. Why is this a distinctive feature of the United States?
When you have a large number of people who are willing to work off the books for minimum wage or less, that is a positive for business. This has an enormous downward pressure on wages in general and "minimum" wages in particular. The current minimum wage is about ten years old and is $7.50. Because of inflation, etc. that has dropped to a laughable $6.18 in current value. It is only one example of how the rich control the agenda and why they contribute at least 90 percent or more to the cost of elections in the US. In France, for example, taxes are high because health care and higher education, etc. is free. Americans do not feel obliged to have equal access to government services, and both liberals and conservatives enjoy their low taxes and routinely use the undocumented to mow their lawns and watch their children. Since the Reagan administration the gap between the wealthy and the others has never been as dramatic as it is today. Those who actually think Trump will control illegal immigration, naive is one word. That "wall" will have close to zero effect but will satisfy those who don't really think about the larger issue of why the US government seems to welcome undocumented immigrants. Did you know, for example, your government allows anyone accepted to any sort of learning institute to get a temporary visa but (hold onto your hats) has never controlled to see if they departed (or even attended) the school and this has been going on since 1970 when I started working for the government. The people have little voice and government and if you think Trump is a representative of the people, I have a bridge to sell you.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:14 am

FrankStein wrote:
Listen very carefully. Every advanced country has a ID card for citizens or legal residents... everyone except one. Can you guess which one that is? If you guessed the USA you would be correct

The UK doesn't have ID cards

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 5:01 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
FrankStein wrote:
Listen very carefully. Every advanced country has a ID card for citizens or legal residents... everyone except one. Can you guess which one that is? If you guessed the USA you would be correct

Neither does Canada, not as a necessity. I have a generic ID because I don't have a driver's license, but I didn't HAVE to get it to get a job or anything like that. The only reason I got it is because I don't have a driver's license and you need some kind of government ID to get a passport, so I applied for the generic ID card to get my passport. If I didn't want a passport I wouldn't need the ID card for anything else that I'm aware of. I haven't used it for anything since getting my passport.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 7:32 pm

FrankStein wrote:
Listen very carefully. Every advanced country has a ID card for citizens or legal residents... everyone except one. Can you guess which one that is? If you guessed the USA you would be correct. In France, for example, without a residence card, you cannot be officially employed, cannot open a bank account, cannot own or drive a car, cannot buy property, cannot easily access government services.

Australia doesn't have mandatory ID cards although a driver's liscence or other ID is really useful for tasks like opening a bank account.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 7:48 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
FrankStein wrote:

Neither does Canada, not as a necessity. I have a generic ID because I don't have a driver's license, but I didn't HAVE to get it to get a job or anything like that. The only reason I got it is because I don't have a driver's license and you need some kind of government ID to get a passport, so I applied for the generic ID card to get my passport. If I didn't want a passport I wouldn't need the ID card for anything else that I'm aware of. I haven't used it for anything since getting my passport.

Neither does New Zealand :lol:

Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 8:15 pm

enz wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
FrankStein wrote:

Neither does New Zealand :lol:

I wonder if he means a birth certificate? Because you do need one of those to get the other kinds of government ID in Canada, not sure about elsewhere. I don't think I could get an OHIP card (for our provincial public health insurance) or a SIN (social insurance number, which you do need to get a job--I got mine to open my first bank account) without having a birth certificate. It's been a long time though since I got my OHIP and SIN cards (I believe I got both around the age of 11 or 12), maybe things have changed since then.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:46 pm

We have a birth certificate in new zealand

I was drunk earlier

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 1:41 am

Biscuitman wrote:
FrankStein wrote:

You don't have a health insurance card?
At least in Quebec we got these, and everyone got one; it's frequently used as a ID card, like for the driver license, and as I have no driver license, it's the one I always use.

Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:47 am

Tollorin wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
FrankStein wrote:

You don't have a health insurance card?
At least in Quebec we got these, and everyone got one; it's frequently used as a ID card, like for the driver license, and as I have no driver license, it's the one I always use.

Yes, I already stated I have an OHIP card, but mine is the old red-and-white (not photo ID). Haven't gotten the new photo one yet, my old one still works so I keep forgetting.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 9:12 pm

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 11:33 pm

So millions of illegal immigrants shouldn't be an issue. Funny how the illegal part in illegal immigrants keeps getting left out.

And if America is so full of white male supremacists and white male murderers, why have tens of millions of people been trying so hard to get into America?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 12:14 am

EzraS wrote:
So millions of illegal immigrants shouldn't be an issue. Funny how the illegal part in illegal immigrants keeps getting left out.

And if America is so full of white male supremacists and white male murderers, why have tens of millions of people been trying so hard to get into America?

Funny how the right is against illegal immigrants when they're the next best thing for them compared to slavery.

Because even though white male supremacists and white male murderers are a big problem in America (compared to other criminals) they're still a statistically insignificant part of someone's decision to try so hard to get into America in order to escape conflict, poverty, and seek work and better fortunes for themselves.