Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 1 of 19 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 11:13 am

Fnord wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?
Why do conservatives hate non-white people who are seeking a better life?

They (and democrats during Bill Clinton's administration) don't want millions of illegal aliens continuing to pour in here. If it were millions of white people pouring in illegally from the Balkans, it wouldn't make any difference.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 11:15 am

What would happen if we had another "Ellis Island" type place---where they process immigrants?

Millions of immigrants came legally from about 1890 to the 1950s through Ellis Island. Some of the staff were abusive to the immigrants---but, at least, once they went through the process, they were here legally.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 1:01 pm

Heat844 wrote:
Why did you liberals go apeshit about those two kids who died at the border but you ignore the hundreds American citizens being killed by illegal immigrants? Why do you care more about illegal immigrants than American citizens? That's treasonous.

Is it possible for you to respond without criticizing Trump? I don't think so.

There have been plenty of American citizens who have killed others as well. I am sure all those school shooters and Ted Bundy and other serial killers were all American citizens so it doesn't make any sense to say this is a illegal immigration thing to kill. Plus even Timothy McVeigh was a American Citizen. It's bigotry to blame it all on illegal immigrants forgetting the fact American Citizens have killed too and we don't turn against them.

If someone gets killed, get mad about that and have that same reaction about any human that kills than blaming it on a whole group.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 1:17 pm

Magna wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I suppose they feel that if those south of the border entering illegally were white, they would be accepted with open arms. Even though that certainly wasn't the case regarding Irish immigrants pouring in during the potato famine.

Irish immigrants were treated as racially inferior for centuries by American and English anti-immigrant activists. They were thought to be drunks of genetically inferior intelligence who brought radicalism, poverty, crime, and (the ever-dreaded) Catholicism, which naturally meant they were frequently suspected by protestants of being political agents of the papacy (any of this sound familiar?). Thinking Irish immigrants were welcomed by the English or Americans as fellow whites shows a laughable ignorance of history.

I don't know if you're saying Ezra is ignorant of history of Irish immigrants or you're agreeing with him, but Ezra was saying Irish (white) were NOT accepted.

And, yes, the elephant in the room: votes. I would find a legitimate humanitarian concern to be more believable if democratic politicians and their supporters would acknowledge the FACT that immigrants accepting a wide array of free government programs can be assumed to vote democrat, but, politics aside, say that that's NOT the point.

Something like: "Yes, they most likely will vote democrat, but that's not the point. These are human beings who need help and we want to help them!"

Not acknowledging the obvious makes the agenda obvious. Disingenuous.

Someone had an idea of making a law that lets them in bet never ever gives them or their kids the right to vote and then see if the democrats still want to let them in.
Remember Obama opposed illegal immigration as did Clinton both wanted a more secure border and called it a national crisis

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 1:24 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What would happen if we had another "Ellis Island" type place---where they process immigrants?

Millions of immigrants came legally from about 1890 to the 1950s through Ellis Island. Some of the staff were abusive to the immigrants---but, at least, once they went through the process, they were here legally.

We can do like Canada so unless they are educated and offer a high skilled trade or have hundreds of thousands of dollars they don’t get in.
We don’t need millions more unskilled workers, we already have too many unskilled workers without jobs.
Thing is I doubt skilled workers or rich immigrants are hoping the fence over Mexico and sneaking in. That’s what ellis island did by the way but back then USA was mostly unskilled empowerment and we had shortage of unskilled workers. We aren’t that usa anymore. Lots of American citizens want a better life too.

On a joking side
Are you ok changing all their names to sound American? They did that at Ellis island as well as keep people there forever.
Your names Sam Johnston now.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 1:39 pm

why do native born americans commit more crime?

chew on that.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 1:44 pm

Because they're using the illegal immigrants for their votes. That's how badly liberals want to stay in power. They know that no self-respecting American would vote for them, so they need another way to get votes. This is how they're doing it.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 3:41 pm

Trump mostly solved the problem.

He got Mexico to accept them all as refugees.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 3:49 pm

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=u ... 5310631765

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 3:51 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765

What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 3:58 pm

EzraS wrote:
Magna wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I suppose they feel that if those south of the border entering illegally were white, they would be accepted with open arms. Even though that certainly wasn't the case regarding Irish immigrants pouring in during the potato famine.

Irish immigrants were treated as racially inferior for centuries by American and English anti-immigrant activists. They were thought to be drunks of genetically inferior intelligence who brought radicalism, poverty, crime, and (the ever-dreaded) Catholicism, which naturally meant they were frequently suspected by protestants of being political agents of the papacy (any of this sound familiar?). Thinking Irish immigrants were welcomed by the English or Americans as fellow whites shows a laughable ignorance of history.

I don't know if you're saying Ezra is ignorant of history of Irish immigrants or you're agreeing with him, but Ezra was saying Irish (white) were NOT accepted.

Yes.

My apologies, i realize now I misread what Ezra wrote. I did not mean to twist your words or make it otherwise seem you said something you did not. I will take greater care in the future to avoid such misunderstandings.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 4:20 pm

When I was a kid in the seventies and eighties I recall that there was a large number of Vietnamese immigrants that came to the U.S. Hmong after that. There was some sort of arrangement or sponsorship that involved the Catholic Church. Catholic Charities or something. I remember some church families agreeing to "sponsor" an immigrant family to move in and live with them for a period of time. I don't recall the amount of time, but it was significantly more than a few months.

I don't see why something similar and even secular couldn't happen today with immigrants where a U.S. person or family who wanted to help an immigrant family would agree to have them move in and would finance their initial time in the U.S. I would assume there are far more U.S. citizens that would be more than willing to give place in their home as well as contribute their own money personally and directly to assist with room and board. Perhaps they could do that for a period of a year or two while the immigrant family applies for legal status. There could even be a gofundme type site where people who don't have the space to actually have a family live with them could contribute their own money as a donation and host families could draw from that fund. If there can be a fund set up donating to build a wall, why on earth couldn't there be a fund to those who want to to host a family to live with them in their own house?

Why would that be bad? The way I would see it is doing something like that would make everyone happy except those that truly are opposed to any immigration for any reason. I've never met such a person personally, but apparently they exist.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 6:46 pm

Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765

What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?

..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2019, 6:50 pm

Because they are globalists and it helps their corporate masters. They don't actually care about illegal aliens.

Also, those illegal aliens will have their anchor babies, who will grow up to vote for Democrats.

Plus, just by having an anchor baby, many illegals will qualify for various welfare programs like Medicaid. It is a disgusting affront to the millions of Americans who don't have access to affordable health care.

That is only one reason why the practice of giving citizenship to the children of illegals has to end. There is also birth tourism. Rich aliens pay money to give birth in the US so their kids can get into American colleges and receive other benefits.

Many countries have limited birthright citizenship for these kinds of reasons. The US needs to follow.

Honestly, I think Trump should order the military to do drills and military exercises outside the Capitol until the shutdown ends. He should also issue an executive order to withhold Congress's pay and benefits. He doesn't have the authority to actually do it, and would lose the court battle, but it would be a political win. Pretty much everyone agrees that Congress shouldn't be paid during the shutdown.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 11:18 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Magna wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yes.

My apologies, i realize now I misread what Ezra wrote. I did not mean to twist your words or make it otherwise seem you said something you did not. I will take greater care in the future to avoid such misunderstandings.

I misread stuff all too often.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 11:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”

Made up by democrats who want their votes?