Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 3 of 19 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 8:35 pm

I believe that it is the first SAFE nation that they enter in to. (In reference to Sly’s comment. I don’t feel like wading through a mega requote.)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 9:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
An asylum-seeker is not an illegal immigrant.

So when the same people who have been invading illegally by the millions, start using the magic word "asylum" that changes everything.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 11:33 pm

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

So when the same people who have been invading illegally by the millions, start using the magic word "asylum" that changes everything.

No, it's when they approach the authorities at the border and request asylum.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 11:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Ding ding ding, winner!

Further, they must be on US soil to do it, so they're following the appropriate protocol by coming to the USA to seek asylum. They can't just "apply online," from home and wait for a response. They're doing what they're supposed to do - just as refugees do all over the world.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 11:56 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765

What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?

..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”

Made up by democrats who want their votes?

Your world views have no statistical/factual basis? You might want to change that

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 11:56 pm

sly279 wrote:
Legally recognized only in the First Nation from the one they left.
And if they climb over the walls and start living here they are illegal immigrants.

As someone else said, first safe nation.

As for climbing over walls/swimming across the river etc, that's not how Most of the 11 Million illegal immigrants in your country got there. They came legally by land/sea/air with required visas.. then they simply overstayed their visas. Maybe that tells you your visa/immigration/path to citizenship programs are broken and need to be improved.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That's what I just said. Asylum is the magic word for getting across the border. After passing up several other countries closer by. And based on the millions of illegals here, they're most likely not planning on going back.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:17 am

enz wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765

What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”

Your world views have no statistical/factual basis? You might want to change that

A question doesn't require evidence.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:20 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That's what I just said. Asylum is the magic word for getting across the border. After passing up several other countries closer by. And based on the millions of illegals here, they're most likely not planning on going back.

That they choose to approach the authorities, and go jump through all the hoops in order to stay means they are no illegal. Illegal immigrants avoid interaction with authorities and legal processes. It's not as if ICE arrests illegals, but then let them go when they say they are asylum seekers.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

You don't like the numbers because they don't support your argument so all of the sudden they must be fake news, eh? Wow.

There's nothing all of a sudden about the Washington Post being highly unreliable.

I haven't made too much of an argument that illegal invaders commit more crime. However the argument I've heard in favor of the caravan invasion is how the countries they're coming from are heavily infested with criminals. Liberals talking about all the murderers and rapists et al there. So basically trump is saying keep them out because of all the criminals and liberals are saying let them in because of all the criminals.

These are mostly legitimate refugees, women/children/families, seeking a stable place to exist. So screen them.. ID/background checks, psychological assessments etc as is done with refugees from war torn countries where no ID documents exist.

In other words the process of leagal immigration. And are all criminals single? Or do they have a family? Is that all the criminals stay put and only the people trying to get away from them account for the millions of illegals?

goldfish21 wrote:
Could you imagine if things went further South in your country and you had to flee North to Canada and we said "Nah, sorry bro.. too much gun violence in your country, can't let ya in."

If millions of Americans had already invaded Canada illegally over the last couple of decades, I would expect it. Remember Mexico didn't want them either. And I don't recall Canada offering and invitation.

I am sympathetic towards refugees. But considering the millions of illegals already here, it's an unusual situation. And I think if they had all been admitted, then there would have next been much larger caravan, and maybe a larger one after that.

The so called "caravans" are asylum seekers - which are legally recognized - they are not illegal immigrants.

Legally recognized only in the First Nation from the one they left.
And if they climb over the walls and start living here they are illegal immigrants.

How is that American law?

It’s international law that the USA abides by
You used it in the past to try to justify their entry. They have to seek asylum in the First Nation out of the danger area. They are escaping their nation so whatever nation after is only where they can seek asylum unless they take a boat from South America and paddle up the ocean in international waters which I don’t see them doing.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Unless their Mexican citizens running from a evil Mexican government threating to kill them then they can’t seek asylum in the USA.
They have to seek it In First Nation they come to that is a signature of the treaty. The USA doesn’t have to take refugees who bypass other treaty signatures to get to us.
Asylum isnt meant for people who want a better life it’s keant for people who’s government is trying to kill them. Example north Korea’s have to seek asylum in South Korea or China not Russia.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That they choose to approach the authorities, and go jump through all the hoops in order to stay means they are no illegal. Illegal immigrants avoid interaction with authorities and legal processes. It's not as if ICE arrests illegals, but then let them go when they say they are asylum seekers.

This massive legion of people marching to our border demanding asylum is something new. Anyone can join in along the way. It's a good way for those who don't want to register as legal citizens (like the millions the US already has) to slide in.

And I'm seeing that another one is forming. I think if the US goes along with it, it will never stop. They'll just keep rolling in one caravan after another, each one larger than the one before.

Last edited by EzraS on 16 Jan 2019, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:44 am

^^^
The consensus here on WP seems to be "the first safe country."

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:45 am

They aren’t trying to escape a bad government they trying to come here to become rich or middle class to live the American dream. That’s not a valid reason for asylum. Or can I go to Canada to get a better life and claim asylum from democrats?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
The consensus here on WP seems to be "the first safe country."

Safe being not their government or not going to hand them over to their government, that being any nation who signed the treaty. Mexico is the first treaty signature they come though there’s probably others. So you either support the treaty in which case they seek asylum in Mexico or you don’t in which case the USA doesn’t have to take asylum seekers.
Either way the USA doesn’t have to take them and is under no obligation to do so

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:49 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

This massive legion of people marching to our border demanding asylum is something new. Anyone can join in along the way. It's a good way for those who don't want to register as legal citizens (like the millions the US already has) to slide in.

And I'm seeing that another one is forming. I think if the US goes along with it, it will never stop. They'll just keep rolling in one caravan after another, each one larger than the one before.

In fact, such so called caravans are nothing new. And what are these desperate people supposed to do when they and their families must flee for their lives?
The idea that "just anyone" can join these caravans is just another example of racism that Trump has been parroting. I hardly think Middle Eastern terrorists aren't going to be noticed by the other migrants, and they certainly wouldn't want gang members, who they are often fleeing from, part of their group, either.