Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 4 of 19 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:49 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
An asylum-seeker is not an illegal immigrant.

So when the same people who have been invading illegally by the millions, start using the magic word "asylum" that changes everything.

No, it's when they approach the authorities at the border and request asylum.

That's what I just said. Asylum is the magic word for getting across the border. After passing up several other countries closer by. And based on the millions of illegals here, they're most likely not planning on going back.

That they choose to approach the authorities, and go jump through all the hoops in order to stay means they are no illegal. Illegal immigrants avoid interaction with authorities and legal processes. It's not as if ICE arrests illegals, but then let them go when they say they are asylum seekers.

This massive legion of people marching to our border demanding asylum is something new. Anyone can join in along the way. It's a good way for those who don't want to register as legal citizens (like the millions the US already has) to slide in.

And I'm seeing that another one is forming. I think if the US goes along with it, it will never stop. They'll just keep rolling in one caravan after another, each one larger than the one before.

In fact, such so called caravans are nothing new. And what are these desperate people supposed to do when they and their families must flee for their lives?
The idea that "just anyone" can join these caravans is just another example of racism that Trump has been parroting. I hardly think Middle Eastern terrorists aren't going to be noticed by the other migrants, and they certainly wouldn't want gang members, who they are often fleeing from, part of their group, either.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:53 am

sly279 wrote:
They aren’t trying to escape a bad government they trying to come here to become rich or middle class to live the American dream. That’s not a valid reason for asylum. Or can I go to Canada to get a better life and claim asylum from democrats?

In fact, a great number are fleeing violent gang violence that has become epidemic in Latin America.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:55 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

So when the same people who have been invading illegally by the millions, start using the magic word "asylum" that changes everything.

Unless their Mexican citizens running from a evil Mexican government threating to kill them then they can’t seek asylum in the USA.
They have to seek it In First Nation they come to that is a signature of the treaty. The USA doesn’t have to take refugees who bypass other treaty signatures to get to us.
Asylum isnt meant for people who want a better life it’s keant for people who’s government is trying to kill them. Example north Korea’s have to seek asylum in South Korea or China not Russia.

The crime wave in Mexico is sending a great many people to America. The Mexican government is usually too corrupt and enfeebled to do anything about it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:56 am

sly279 wrote:
They aren’t trying to escape a bad government they trying to come here to become rich or middle class to live the American dream. That’s not a valid reason for asylum. Or can I go to Canada to get a better life and claim asylum from democrats?

That seems likey and I don't blame them. But it hardly seems feasible. The US has a huge population of legal citizens who are in need. And the ever growing population of drug addicts who are a burden on society. I've heard it said the US is on the brink of becoming the world's largest 3rd world nation.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 3:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Unless their Mexican citizens running from a evil Mexican government threating to kill them then they can’t seek asylum in the USA.
They have to seek it In First Nation they come to that is a signature of the treaty. The USA doesn’t have to take refugees who bypass other treaty signatures to get to us.
Asylum isnt meant for people who want a better life it’s keant for people who’s government is trying to kill them. Example north Korea’s have to seek asylum in South Korea or China not Russia.

The crime wave in Mexico is sending a great many people to America. The Mexican government is usually too corrupt and enfeebled to do anything about it.

That seems to be the case with most central and south american countries. By that criteria most of them qualify for asylum. So basically the US should be granting asylum to probably at least 100 million people. Which is probably a conservative estimate considering I'm seeing population nubers as being around 640 million.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 8:30 am

EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:

That seems likey and I don't blame them. But it hardly seems feasible. The US has a huge population of legal citizens who are in need. And the ever growing population of drug addicts who are a burden on society. I've heard it said the US is on the brink of becoming the world's largest 3rd world nation.

That's only if Putin is completely successful using trump to destabilize the USA and it descends into further chaos.

Observation:

You Two seem awfully concerned about what taxpayers look like for a couple of guys that don't work & are dependant on your country's labour force for your existence - one more directly than the other; but the one from a wealthy family still benefits from all public services & amenities paid for by those who work.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 8:43 am

EzraS wrote:
This massive legion of people marching to our border demanding asylum is something new. Anyone can join in along the way. It's a good way for those who don't want to register as legal citizens (like the millions the US already has) to slide in.

And I'm seeing that another one is forming. I think if the US goes along with it, it will never stop. They'll just keep rolling in one caravan after another, each one larger than the one before.

Right now they're fleeing violence & political unrest. Fast forward 35 years or so when it's too hot to live near the Equator and then what are we going to do when everyone is coming?

Seriously.. think about it. The USA, and the world at large, is going to need a far better plan to deal with climate change refugees than we have for dealing with asylum seekers - especially seeing as it's forecast that there will be between 1-2 Billion of them worldwide.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:01 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:

That's only if Putin is completely successful using trump to destabilize the USA and it descends into further chaos.

Observation:

You Two seem awfully concerned about what taxpayers look like for a couple of guys that don't work & are dependant on your country's labour force for your existence - one more directly than the other; but the one from a wealthy family still benefits from all public services & amenities paid for by those who work.

It's been talked about before the advent of trump.

My family is not weathy as you seem to be putting it and are all hard working taxpayers. And you are being ad hominem, directing your remarks against persons rather than the position they are maintaining.

That said, I don't see what the appearance of tax payers has to do with illegal immigrants.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:04 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Right now they're fleeing violence & political unrest. Fast forward 35 years or so when it's too hot to live near the Equator and then what are we going to do when everyone is coming?

Seriously.. think about it. The USA, and the world at large, is going to need a far better plan to deal with climate change refugees than we have for dealing with asylum seekers - especially seeing as it's forecast that there will be between 1-2 Billion of them worldwide.

And now you're going to derail this thead into a climate change debate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:07 am

Climate change affects the polar regions much more than the equatorial regions.

The main problem with climate change is higher sea levels from rising temperatures in the polar regions, rather than the high temperatures themselves.

People in tropical areas won’t flee because of the heat.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:09 am

This thread is not about climate change.

This one is: viewtopic.php?t=372426

Please do not derail.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:12 am

I’m talking about the fact that people in tropical areas won’t seek asylum because of increased heat.

Yes. That’s pertinent to the thread.

And, by the way, those countries are not just crap countries with sad people. They have vibrant cultures and vibrant history.

I feel, sometimes, that people in those countries place too much stock on the US being all paved with gold.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 16 Jan 2019, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:15 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m talking about the fact that people in tropical areas won’t seek asylum because of increased heat.

Yes. That’s pertinent to the thread.

Alright. We will see if goldfish decides to argue about that with you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:17 am

If he does his research, he will realize that climate change affects the Arctic regions most.

We are not exactly being bombarded with Eskimo migrants (the Eskimos like to be called Eskimos).

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:21 am

EzraS wrote:

Please do not derail.

It’s about immigrants at the border and thus on topic. Feel free not to respond if you don’t have anything intelligent to say.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:24 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Please do not derail.

It’s about immigrants at the border and thus on topic. Feel free not to respond if you don’t have anything intelligent to say.

Likewise.