Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 8 of 19 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 12:06 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
They aren’t trying to escape a bad government they trying to come here to become rich or middle class to live the American dream. That’s not a valid reason for asylum. Or can I go to Canada to get a better life and claim asylum from democrats?

In fact, a great number are fleeing violent gang violence that has become epidemic in Latin America.

The thing that keeps registering with me is the complaint of how horrible and racist it was for trump to say there are violent dangerous people south of the border, and now that's what the people who complained are saying themselves. And I think the idea that all the bad people are staying there and only the good ones are trying to get in here, is unlikely.

trump isn't saying there are some bad people South of the border. He's painting them all with the same brush and saying they're all murders, gang members, rapists etc. There's a big difference.

He said they're sending us their worst people, their murderers and rapists etc. Liberals just don't understand, or pretend not to understand, the difference between "their" and "they're".

goldfish21 wrote:
Bad violent people are in power, mostly decent people are fleeing. How difficult is that to understand?

What I'm referring to is the talk of the streets being full of murdering raping gangs. I don't see any reason why those gang members wouldn't want to get in on the US gravy train.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 1:08 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
They aren’t trying to escape a bad government they trying to come here to become rich or middle class to live the American dream. That’s not a valid reason for asylum. Or can I go to Canada to get a better life and claim asylum from democrats?

In fact, a great number are fleeing violent gang violence that has become epidemic in Latin America.

The thing that keeps registering with me is the complaint of how horrible and racist it was for trump to say there are violent dangerous people south of the border, and now that's what the people who complained are saying themselves. And I think the idea that all the bad people are staying there and only the good ones are trying to get in here, is unlikely.

trump isn't saying there are some bad people South of the border. He's painting them all with the same brush and saying they're all murders, gang members, rapists etc. There's a big difference.

He said they're sending us their worst people, their murderers and rapists etc. Liberals just don't understand, or pretend not to understand, the difference between "their" and "they're".

goldfish21 wrote:
Bad violent people are in power, mostly decent people are fleeing. How difficult is that to understand?

What I'm referring to is the talk of the streets being full of murdering raping gangs. I don't see any reason why those gang members wouldn't want to get in on the US gravy train.

*scratches head* The guy has lied at least 7,500 times, publicly, since taking office. Soooo he said they’re sending their worst people and you believe it? Have a look at the interviews of migrants.. they are regular people trying to survive.

trump is not a credible source.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 2:40 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

*scratches head* The guy has lied at least 7,500 times, publicly, since taking office.

According to the washington post no doubt.

goldfish21 wrote:
Soooo he said they’re sending their worst people and you believe it? Have a look at the interviews of migrants.. they are regular people trying to survive.

What I was adressing is according to liberals if trump or conservatives point how much crime there is south of the US border it's racist, and then they go on to talk about how much crime there is south of the US border. And all 15 million and counting illegals are invading the US just to pick lattuce out in the field that's all. Even though 20 years ago the Democrats wrere saying they're a serious threat:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 3:05 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

*scratches head* The guy has lied at least 7,500 times, publicly, since taking office.

goldfish21 wrote:
Soooo he said they’re sending their worst people and you believe it? Have a look at the interviews of migrants.. they are regular people trying to survive.

What I was adressing is according to liberals if trump or conservatives point how much crime there is south of the US border it's racist, and then they go on to talk about how much crime there is south of the US border. And all 15 million and counting illegals are invading the US just to pick lattuce out in the field that's all. Even though 20 years ago the Democrats wrere saying they're a serious threat:

Who cares who tracks it? Facts are facts, lies are lies.

No, they're not all picking lettuce. Some are cleaning, others building, etc. And a few are committing crimes - as is the nature of any population.. albeit, fewer than the American born citizens of your population.

It's been a problem no one wants to solve because businesses (small & large) and government all make money from these people.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 3:13 am

The United States has way too many illegal aliens who pose the kind of problems President Clinton laid out 20 years ago. The only difference between then and now is the problem has grown much worse.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 3:21 am

What are the problems?

They do work Americans won't.
They make money for people.
They pay more taxes than they cost because they can't use government services.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 4:04 am

Illegal immigrants in my state can’t pay taxes since they can’t legally work.
Illegal immigrants can not pay feder taxes since the can not legally work.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 4:41 am

goldfish21 wrote:
What are the problems?

They do work Americans won't.
They make money for people.
They pay more taxes than they cost because they can't use government services.

The problems are described by President Clinton in this video:

[/quote]

And the the problems have grown since then.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 11:30 am

Another thing with illegal immigrants is they get paid less than minimum wage because whoever does the payroll knows they won't report it to get higher wages because they will just be deported back to their home country. They will be caught that way so they get taken advantage of by Americans who hire them. They do it to save money and because they can pay them less because they know if they report it, they get deported so it works both ways.

I remember South Park did an episode about it except they used these aliens that came to earth and invaded South park and the residence started to get laid off. "They took my job."

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 12:42 pm

^So then why isn’t there a big uproar against the businesses that take advantage of them? :?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 12:51 pm

The ironic thing is the number of left leaning media articles talking about how good they are for capitalism.

Almost reminds me of the south in the 1860's saying "we need our slaves".

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 3:54 pm

sly279 wrote:

Which wouldn't be problems if they were made full fledged citizens, something Republicans will never agree with.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 4:21 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
^So then why isn’t there a big uproar against the businesses that take advantage of them? :?

Maybe because no one reports it and this only comes from people who have seen it in person and known people who do it and this is what my ex's told me. Then that SP episode made sense.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 5:48 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... b62b9027ea

Do you really think the media has made up 7645 things the president has said and not get sued into oblivion?

Every single lie he's told has been documented with the date it happened and the reason why it was a lie.

It's not opinion its fact

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 6:19 pm

Tollorin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Which wouldn't be problems if they were made full fledged citizens, something Republicans will never agree with.

So rewardnpeople for breaking the laws brought to you by the same people wanting to punish those for using their rights and make hundred million citizens felons
I’ll let illegals become citizens right after they abolish every single last gun control law.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 8:25 pm

enz wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... b62b9027ea

Do you really think the media has made up 7645 things the president has said and not get sued into oblivion?

Every single lie he's told has been documented with the date it happened and the reason why it was a lie.

It's not opinion its fact

I have read the claim that Obama told 50 lies, counting once. If counted Washington Post style, maybe it adds up to 10,000 lies. The claim was strong enough for Snopes to investigate it https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obamas-50-lies/ Who got sued into oblivion over that?