Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 8 of 21 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:05 pm

There won't be a "bloody civil war." People aren't that stupid.

No....I don't believe everybody's "the same." But I believe most people in the caravans want a better life, and want to obey the law. They either want to live in the USA permanently----or they want to live here and send money back to their families in their country.

You always have a few who don't obey the law----just like there are a few native-born Americans who don't obey the law.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 16 Jan 2019, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:18 pm

EzraS wrote:
enz wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765

What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?

..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”

Made up by democrats who want their votes?

Your world views have no statistical/factual basis? You might want to change that

A question doesn't require evidence.

Maybe spend 10 minutes on any search engine you choose and type "do illegal immigrants commit more crime" to get various statistics from various media outlets instead of opinions

alot of my opinions are just opinions too sorry was a bit rude

Last edited by enz on 16 Jan 2019, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There won't be a "bloody civil war." People aren't that stupid.

No....I don't believe everybody's "the same." But I believe most people in the caravans want a better life, and want to obey the law. They either want to live in the USA permanently----or they want to live here and send money back to their families in their country.

You always have a few who don't obey the law----just like there are a few native-born Americans who don't obey the law.

Do republicans banned all books tomorrow and ordered they be burned and banned any and all free speech I bet the left would rise up, well gun owners will rise up when their rights are removed which is what my states democrats are trying to do. My Facebook is full of people saying they do rather then comply.

Asylum isn’t about getting a better life and being more wealthy

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:47 pm

The Republicans aren't going to have book burnings....or ban books.

Why do you follow what some (anonymous) nuts say on the Internet? People will say anything. They probably won't do what they say.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:56 pm

Why do Conservatives care more about Illegal Immigrants than homeless citizens?

At least the Liberals are building shelters and trying to get them off the streets. The Conservative just arrest the homeless or use them for target practice and punching bags.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 8:20 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
They aren’t trying to escape a bad government they trying to come here to become rich or middle class to live the American dream. That’s not a valid reason for asylum. Or can I go to Canada to get a better life and claim asylum from democrats?

In fact, a great number are fleeing violent gang violence that has become epidemic in Latin America.

I don’t think that’s a valid reason for asylum it was meant to protect people from their government in case of genocide and such.
They should stay and fight the gangs and build a better nation
We have gangs here too should we all flood to Canada?
Would you ?
I’d stay in fight for my nation not run away

:roll:

They don't have stable governments. Drug gangs run everything. They're fleeing for a fighting chance at a better life for them and their children.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 8:22 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I bet, if you hang out in some of those caravans, that you will obtain a different impression of those people. Most Central American people are humble in the extreme (sometimes their humility can be irritating, actually). They are very family-oriented. I've hung out with people from Central America.

You wouldn't think of these folks as being "invaders." You would think of them as wanting a fair shake for their families, just like you want a fair shake for your family.

Spent much time in them have you?
You haven’t? Then how do you know how they are , you can’t. You have perceived ideas based on what Democrats and cnn say.

Spent much time in them have you?

You haven't? Then how do you know how they are , you can't. You have perceived ideas based on what far right wing extremist news websites & proven liar trump say.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 8:36 pm

I think mostly because they're rich, and think beyond economics.

Many California, New York people have phenomenal real estate wealth.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 8:59 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
They aren’t trying to escape a bad government they trying to come here to become rich or middle class to live the American dream. That’s not a valid reason for asylum. Or can I go to Canada to get a better life and claim asylum from democrats?

In fact, a great number are fleeing violent gang violence that has become epidemic in Latin America.

The thing that keeps registering with me is the complaint of how horrible and racist it was for trump to say there are violent dangerous people south of the border, and now that's what the people who complained are saying themselves. And I think the idea that all the bad people are staying there and only the good ones are trying to get in here, is unlikely.

cemil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2019, 9:44 pm

They should care for ordinary americans .. quiet ones who worry more about their mortgage loans .. illegal immigrants are very much less important than a shrinking purse .

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 10:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Why do you follow what some (anonymous) nuts say on the Internet? People will say anything. They probably won't do what they say.

I can only hope they do what they say. We need a revolution to restore our country to its constitution. That or like Rome we need to fall.
I’d rather be dead then not have my rights.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

The thing that keeps registering with me is the complaint of how horrible and racist it was for trump to say there are violent dangerous people south of the border, and now that's what the people who complained are saying themselves. And I think the idea that all the bad people are staying there and only the good ones are trying to get in here, is unlikely.

trump isn't saying there are some bad people South of the border. He's painting them all with the same brush and saying they're all murders, gang members, rapists etc. There's a big difference.

Bad violent people are in power, mostly decent people are fleeing. How difficult is that to understand?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Republicans won't ban books.. they might just stop reading them entirely, though.

Hopefully sly is one of those people.. as he posted in another thread that if gun control laws are enacted in his state that it's time for homicide or suicide. That's nuts.

Like most people who make threats, he probably won't do what he says. But still.. it's a rather nutty idea and even nuttier if he's reinforcing it reading others' likeminded rants.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:58 pm

Fnord wrote:

At least the Liberals are building shelters and trying to get them off the streets. The Conservative just arrest the homeless or use them for target practice and punching bags.

That sounds like pure propaganda. The usual liberals are angels and conservatives are demons.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 12:00 am

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:

That sounds like pure propaganda. The usual liberals are angels and conservatives are demons.

The reality is both are demons, that just choose the opinions that make them feel good and look good rather than have any standing.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia