Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 3 of 21 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,990
Location: USA

14 Jan 2019, 11:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”


Made up by democrats who want their votes?



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,449
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Jan 2019, 12:28 am

Liberals support treating illegal immigrants like human beings simply out of empathy. From the conservative statements I've heard and read, that political philosophy tends to have a deficit with empathy.
An even if hundreds of Americans are possibly killed by illegals, that hardly makes the millions of other guilty.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,449
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Jan 2019, 12:35 am

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
Because they are globalists and it helps their corporate masters. They don't actually care about illegal aliens.

Also, those illegal aliens will have their anchor babies, who will grow up to vote for Democrats.

Plus, just by having an anchor baby, many illegals will qualify for various welfare programs like Medicaid. It is a disgusting affront to the millions of Americans who don't have access to affordable health care.

That is only one reason why the practice of giving citizenship to the children of illegals has to end. There is also birth tourism. Rich aliens pay money to give birth in the US so their kids can get into American colleges and receive other benefits.

Many countries have limited birthright citizenship for these kinds of reasons. The US needs to follow.

Honestly, I think Trump should order the military to do drills and military exercises outside the Capitol until the shutdown ends. He should also issue an executive order to withhold Congress's pay and benefits. He doesn't have the authority to actually do it, and would lose the court battle, but it would be a political win. Pretty much everyone agrees that Congress shouldn't be paid during the shutdown.


Isn't globalist code for Jews?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 May 2016
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,291
Location: Canada

15 Jan 2019, 1:37 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”


Made up by democrats who want their votes?


Can illegal immigrants vote?



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,449
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Jan 2019, 1:52 am

AnneOleson wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”


Made up by democrats who want their votes?


Can illegal immigrants vote?


Obviously, no, they can not.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,320
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

15 Jan 2019, 1:56 am

sly279 wrote:
We can do like Canada so unless they are educated and offer a high skilled trade or have hundreds of thousands of dollars they don’t get in.


While it's true we take in highly skilled workers & wealthy people, we also accept low skilled workers, migrant farm workers, and plenty of refugees. Canada is not closed off to all but the high skilled & wealthy. That is Fake news!


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,320
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

15 Jan 2019, 2:00 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”



Made up by democrats who want their votes?


You don't like the numbers because they don't support your argument so all of the sudden they must be fake news, eh? Wow.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,990
Location: USA

15 Jan 2019, 2:26 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”



Made up by democrats who want their votes?


You don't like the numbers because they don't support your argument so all of the sudden they must be fake news, eh? Wow.


There's nothing all of a sudden about the Washington Post being highly unreliable.

I haven't made too much of an argument that illegal invaders commit more crime. However the argument I've heard in favor of the caravan invasion is how the countries they're coming from are heavily infested with criminals. Liberals talking about all the murderers and rapists et al there. So basically trump is saying keep them out because of all the criminals and liberals are saying let them in because of all the criminals.



roronoa79
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 200
Location: Indiana

15 Jan 2019, 5:20 am

EzraS wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Magna wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I suppose they feel that if those south of the border entering illegally were white, they would be accepted with open arms. Even though that certainly wasn't the case regarding Irish immigrants pouring in during the potato famine.


Irish immigrants were treated as racially inferior for centuries by American and English anti-immigrant activists. They were thought to be drunks of genetically inferior intelligence who brought radicalism, poverty, crime, and (the ever-dreaded) Catholicism, which naturally meant they were frequently suspected by protestants of being political agents of the papacy (any of this sound familiar?). Thinking Irish immigrants were welcomed by the English or Americans as fellow whites shows a laughable ignorance of history.


I don't know if you're saying Ezra is ignorant of history of Irish immigrants or you're agreeing with him, but Ezra was saying Irish (white) were NOT accepted.


Yes.


My apologies, i realize now I misread what Ezra wrote. I did not mean to twist your words or make it otherwise seem you said something you did not. I will take greater care in the future to avoid such misunderstandings.


I misread stuff all too often.


Your understanding is appreciated.


_________________
I guess I just wasn't made for these times.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,320
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

15 Jan 2019, 8:28 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”



Made up by democrats who want their votes?


You don't like the numbers because they don't support your argument so all of the sudden they must be fake news, eh? Wow.


There's nothing all of a sudden about the Washington Post being highly unreliable.

I haven't made too much of an argument that illegal invaders commit more crime. However the argument I've heard in favor of the caravan invasion is how the countries they're coming from are heavily infested with criminals. Liberals talking about all the murderers and rapists et al there. So basically trump is saying keep them out because of all the criminals and liberals are saying let them in because of all the criminals.


These are mostly legitimate refugees, women/children/families, seeking a stable place to exist. So screen them.. ID/background checks, psychological assessments etc as is done with refugees from war torn countries where no ID documents exist.

Could you imagine if things went further South in your country and you had to flee North to Canada and we said "Nah, sorry bro.. too much gun violence in your country, can't let ya in."


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,990
Location: USA

15 Jan 2019, 8:45 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”



Made up by democrats who want their votes?


You don't like the numbers because they don't support your argument so all of the sudden they must be fake news, eh? Wow.


There's nothing all of a sudden about the Washington Post being highly unreliable.

I haven't made too much of an argument that illegal invaders commit more crime. However the argument I've heard in favor of the caravan invasion is how the countries they're coming from are heavily infested with criminals. Liberals talking about all the murderers and rapists et al there. So basically trump is saying keep them out because of all the criminals and liberals are saying let them in because of all the criminals.


These are mostly legitimate refugees, women/children/families, seeking a stable place to exist. So screen them.. ID/background checks, psychological assessments etc as is done with refugees from war torn countries where no ID documents exist.


In other words the process of leagal immigration. And are all criminals single? Or do they have a family? Is that all the criminals stay put and only the people trying to get away from them account for the millions of illegals?

goldfish21 wrote:
Could you imagine if things went further South in your country and you had to flee North to Canada and we said "Nah, sorry bro.. too much gun violence in your country, can't let ya in."


If millions of Americans had already invaded Canada illegally over the last couple of decades, I would expect it. Remember Mexico didn't want them either. And I don't recall Canada offering and invitation.

I am sympathetic towards refugees. But considering the millions of illegals already here, it's an unusual situation. And I think if they had all been admitted, then there would have next been much larger caravan, and maybe a larger one after that.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,449
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Jan 2019, 2:50 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”



Made up by democrats who want their votes?


You don't like the numbers because they don't support your argument so all of the sudden they must be fake news, eh? Wow.


There's nothing all of a sudden about the Washington Post being highly unreliable.

I haven't made too much of an argument that illegal invaders commit more crime. However the argument I've heard in favor of the caravan invasion is how the countries they're coming from are heavily infested with criminals. Liberals talking about all the murderers and rapists et al there. So basically trump is saying keep them out because of all the criminals and liberals are saying let them in because of all the criminals.


These are mostly legitimate refugees, women/children/families, seeking a stable place to exist. So screen them.. ID/background checks, psychological assessments etc as is done with refugees from war torn countries where no ID documents exist.


In other words the process of leagal immigration. And are all criminals single? Or do they have a family? Is that all the criminals stay put and only the people trying to get away from them account for the millions of illegals?

goldfish21 wrote:
Could you imagine if things went further South in your country and you had to flee North to Canada and we said "Nah, sorry bro.. too much gun violence in your country, can't let ya in."


If millions of Americans had already invaded Canada illegally over the last couple of decades, I would expect it. Remember Mexico didn't want them either. And I don't recall Canada offering and invitation.

I am sympathetic towards refugees. But considering the millions of illegals already here, it's an unusual situation. And I think if they had all been admitted, then there would have next been much larger caravan, and maybe a larger one after that.


The so called "caravans" are asylum seekers - which are legally recognized - they are not illegal immigrants.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,711
Location: US

15 Jan 2019, 7:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”



Made up by democrats who want their votes?


You don't like the numbers because they don't support your argument so all of the sudden they must be fake news, eh? Wow.


There's nothing all of a sudden about the Washington Post being highly unreliable.

I haven't made too much of an argument that illegal invaders commit more crime. However the argument I've heard in favor of the caravan invasion is how the countries they're coming from are heavily infested with criminals. Liberals talking about all the murderers and rapists et al there. So basically trump is saying keep them out because of all the criminals and liberals are saying let them in because of all the criminals.


These are mostly legitimate refugees, women/children/families, seeking a stable place to exist. So screen them.. ID/background checks, psychological assessments etc as is done with refugees from war torn countries where no ID documents exist.


In other words the process of leagal immigration. And are all criminals single? Or do they have a family? Is that all the criminals stay put and only the people trying to get away from them account for the millions of illegals?

goldfish21 wrote:
Could you imagine if things went further South in your country and you had to flee North to Canada and we said "Nah, sorry bro.. too much gun violence in your country, can't let ya in."


If millions of Americans had already invaded Canada illegally over the last couple of decades, I would expect it. Remember Mexico didn't want them either. And I don't recall Canada offering and invitation.

I am sympathetic towards refugees. But considering the millions of illegals already here, it's an unusual situation. And I think if they had all been admitted, then there would have next been much larger caravan, and maybe a larger one after that.


The so called "caravans" are asylum seekers - which are legally recognized - they are not illegal immigrants.

Legally recognized only in the First Nation from the one they left.
And if they climb over the walls and start living here they are illegal immigrants.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,856
Location: Queens, NYC

15 Jan 2019, 7:02 pm

An asylum-seeker is not an illegal immigrant.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,449
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Jan 2019, 8:05 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwih0-fWku7fAhULjFQKHSV2DcgQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fwonk%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F19%2Ftwo-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Rt3_qNC1LjtvYVsS1dF_D&ust=1547585310631765


What is that link about? I don't click embedded links if I don't know what they're about. Can anyone give me an idea?


..read the text of the link.

“Two charts abolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime.”



Made up by democrats who want their votes?


You don't like the numbers because they don't support your argument so all of the sudden they must be fake news, eh? Wow.


There's nothing all of a sudden about the Washington Post being highly unreliable.

I haven't made too much of an argument that illegal invaders commit more crime. However the argument I've heard in favor of the caravan invasion is how the countries they're coming from are heavily infested with criminals. Liberals talking about all the murderers and rapists et al there. So basically trump is saying keep them out because of all the criminals and liberals are saying let them in because of all the criminals.


These are mostly legitimate refugees, women/children/families, seeking a stable place to exist. So screen them.. ID/background checks, psychological assessments etc as is done with refugees from war torn countries where no ID documents exist.


In other words the process of leagal immigration. And are all criminals single? Or do they have a family? Is that all the criminals stay put and only the people trying to get away from them account for the millions of illegals?

goldfish21 wrote:
Could you imagine if things went further South in your country and you had to flee North to Canada and we said "Nah, sorry bro.. too much gun violence in your country, can't let ya in."


If millions of Americans had already invaded Canada illegally over the last couple of decades, I would expect it. Remember Mexico didn't want them either. And I don't recall Canada offering and invitation.

I am sympathetic towards refugees. But considering the millions of illegals already here, it's an unusual situation. And I think if they had all been admitted, then there would have next been much larger caravan, and maybe a larger one after that.


The so called "caravans" are asylum seekers - which are legally recognized - they are not illegal immigrants.

Legally recognized only in the First Nation from the one they left.
And if they climb over the walls and start living here they are illegal immigrants.


How is that American law?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer