Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 6 of 19 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:54 am

Those pictures you posted remind me of the difference between Queens and Manhattan. Many parts of Queens look more like Snohomish County than King County.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 12:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Those pictures you posted remind me of the difference between Queens and Manhattan. Many parts of Queens look more like Snohomish County than King County.

Bellevue is basically completely spotless and called a plastic city. Many of those buildings are probably less than 30 years old. But again, staying on topic, even white people swarming in from really nice places isn't wanted. I'm arguing against the claims that that type phenomenon is only due to white supremacy.

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2019, 12:03 pm

EzraS wrote:
Arevelion wrote:
EzraS wrote:

....Did you know a big complaint among both Las Vegans and Seattleites is all the migrating Californians? They call it the Californiazation invasion.

...The claim is that the only reason why there's a complaint is because they're "brown people".

I did not make that claim. The point is that even if people complain about immigrants, those immigrants often go on to contribute positively to society whether they be German immigrants, Italian immigrants, Chinese immigrants or central American immigrants. I am sure the current wave of immigrants will be no exception.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 12:07 pm

That has been the history of at least most immigrant groups.

Immigrant parents are frequently quite a bit into their children’s education.

The parents might or might not assimilate well—but the children almost always assimilate well.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 1:03 pm

Arevelion wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Arevelion wrote:
EzraS wrote:

....Did you know a big complaint among both Las Vegans and Seattleites is all the migrating Californians? They call it the Californiazation invasion.

...The claim is that the only reason why there's a complaint is because they're "brown people".

I did not make that claim. The point is that even if people complain about immigrants, those immigrants often go on to contribute positively to society whether they be German immigrants, Italian immigrants, Chinese immigrants or central American immigrants. I am sure the current wave of immigrants will be no exception.

No not your claim. The claim of others that I was discussing. But the topic is illegal immigrants. And the claim of some is basically the only reason why people complain about the millions of illegal immigrants is because they are white supremacists who hate brown people. Another claim is that those same people seem to care more about illegal immigrants than they do their own legal citizens.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 1:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That has been the history of at least most immigrant groups.

Immigrant parents are frequently quite a bit into their children’s education.

The parents might or might not assimilate well—but the children almost always assimilate well.

There doesn't seem to be nearly as much contention towards Asian, Indian and other immigrants of color. And I think that's probably because there are considerably less illegal immigrants from those countries. Or legal immigrants from those countries for that matter. A question is, is America currently looking to expand its population the way it was back in the Ellis Island days?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 1:13 pm

I doubt that the US is looking to "expand" its population.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 4:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
An asylum-seeker is not an illegal immigrant.

So when the same people who have been invading illegally by the millions, start using the magic word "asylum" that changes everything.

No, it's when they approach the authorities at the border and request asylum.

Unless their Mexican citizens running from a evil Mexican government threating to kill them then they can’t seek asylum in the USA.
They have to seek it In First Nation they come to that is a signature of the treaty. The USA doesn’t have to take refugees who bypass other treaty signatures to get to us.
Asylum isnt meant for people who want a better life it’s keant for people who’s government is trying to kill them. Example north Korea’s have to seek asylum in South Korea or China not Russia.

The crime wave in Mexico is sending a great many people to America. The Mexican government is usually too corrupt and enfeebled to do anything about it.

That seems to be the case with most central and south american countries. By that criteria most of them qualify for asylum. So basically the US should be granting asylum to probably at least 100 million people. Which is probably a conservative estimate considering I'm seeing population nubers as being around 640 million.

640 million people aren't going to come to America. We can still handle those who do.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 6:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
They aren’t trying to escape a bad government they trying to come here to become rich or middle class to live the American dream. That’s not a valid reason for asylum. Or can I go to Canada to get a better life and claim asylum from democrats?

In fact, a great number are fleeing violent gang violence that has become epidemic in Latin America.

I don’t think that’s a valid reason for asylum it was meant to protect people from their government in case of genocide and such.
They should stay and fight the gangs and build a better nation
We have gangs here too should we all flood to Canada?
Would you ?
I’d stay in fight for my nation not run away

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 6:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
The same thing happens in Upstate New York counties pertaining to the influx of New York City residents. There is a slight element of xenophobia/racism in that (since urban areas are seen as being populated by "minorities").

But, like you say, that is not the primary motivation for the irritation felt by rural Upstate Counties for the influx of New York City residents.

I do understand what you mean about the possibility of "too many people" overwhelming the resources of our country. But I find it excessive to refer to the caravans of Central Americans as being made up of "invaders."

The point I'm trying to make is it's common for people to be territorial. King county cities like Bellevue and Redmond are quite different from Snohomish county cities like Everett and Marysville. They want those people to stay on their side of the fence and they feel like they are going to ruin our way of life.

They don't want

to turn into

Seriously, how are immigrants responsible for all that? That is the city doing it.

BTW us Portlanders don't want newcomers here, we are not targeting immigrants, we don't want anyone coming into our city and residing here. Conservatives target immigrants, us liberals target no one and we don't want people in general coming to our town. No one gets singled out here by us so we say we want no one to come into our city. The reason for that is it drives up the cost of living and makes it unlivable for artists and other people because of skyrocketed rents. We don't target immigrants for it, instead it's everyone.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 6:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I bet, if you hang out in some of those caravans, that you will obtain a different impression of those people. Most Central American people are humble in the extreme (sometimes their humility can be irritating, actually). They are very family-oriented. I've hung out with people from Central America.

You wouldn't think of these folks as being "invaders." You would think of them as wanting a fair shake for their families, just like you want a fair shake for your family.

Spent much time in them have you?
You haven’t? Then how do you know how they are , you can’t. You have perceived ideas based on what Democrats and cnn say.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 6:53 pm

Arevelion wrote:
EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
They aren’t trying to escape a bad government they trying to come here to become rich or middle class to live the American dream. That’s not a valid reason for asylum. Or can I go to Canada to get a better life and claim asylum from democrats?

That seems likey and I don't blame them. But it hardly seems feasible. The US has a huge population of legal citizens who are in need. And the ever growing population of drug addicts who are a burden on society. I've heard it said the US is on the brink of becoming the world's largest 3rd world nation.

Why not recruit the immigrants to help the legal citizens in need?

They can’t get jobs, they don’t have money they don’t uave resources so how exactly will they help Americans in the same situation?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 6:54 pm

I have actually spend time with Central Americans.

I've known Mexicans.

My wife is from Trinidad and Tobago.

I don't even watch CNN---except when there's some "breaking news" or something.

Why in heaven's name do you have such problems with Democrats and Liberals, anyway? You're acting like they're radicals or something.

Don't forget: Democrats and Liberals are Americans, too. Just like I might disagree with Republicans and conservatives sometimes---but we happen to be all of the same country.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 16 Jan 2019, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 6:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
An asylum-seeker is not an illegal immigrant.

So when the same people who have been invading illegally by the millions, start using the magic word "asylum" that changes everything.

No, it's when they approach the authorities at the border and request asylum.

Unless their Mexican citizens running from a evil Mexican government threating to kill them then they can’t seek asylum in the USA.
They have to seek it In First Nation they come to that is a signature of the treaty. The USA doesn’t have to take refugees who bypass other treaty signatures to get to us.
Asylum isnt meant for people who want a better life it’s keant for people who’s government is trying to kill them. Example north Korea’s have to seek asylum in South Korea or China not Russia.

The crime wave in Mexico is sending a great many people to America. The Mexican government is usually too corrupt and enfeebled to do anything about it.

That seems to be the case with most central and south american countries. By that criteria most of them qualify for asylum. So basically the US should be granting asylum to probably at least 100 million people. Which is probably a conservative estimate considering I'm seeing population nubers as being around 640 million.

640 million people aren't going to come to America. We can still handle those who do.

We can’t even handle the people we have, no we can’t handle more people. As long as rehires homeless in this nation we shouldn’t be taking in any poor people. Get back to me when we eradicate homelessness and poverty then we can speak about taking in illegal immigrants .

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I have actually spend time with Central Americans.

I've known Mexicans.

My wife is from Trinidad and Tobago.

I don't even watch CNN---except when there's some "breaking news" or something.

Why in heaven's name do you have such problems with Democrats and Liberals, anyway? You're acting like they're radicals or something.

Have you been with these ones in the caravan or are you saying all Central Americans are exactly the same ?

Doesn’t matter unless you know these Mexican and South Americans.

Many are radicals and this is from a democrat. They’ve lost their ways.
From the talk my state may have a bloody civil war soon cause of democrat politicians who think they know what’s best and everyone else just has to submit to their rule.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:05 pm

There won't be a "bloody civil war." People aren't that stupid.

No....I don't believe everybody's "the same." But I believe most people in the caravans want a better life, and want to obey the law. They either want to live in the USA permanently----or they want to live here and send money back to their families in their country.

You always have a few who don't obey the law----just like there are a few native-born Americans who don't obey the law.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 16 Jan 2019, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.