Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 8:18 pm

There's a difference between learning from history & pasting history all over your interpretation of the present. iPhones' antenna problems definitely weren't relevant to presidential scandals and presidential scandals should be viewed as distinct from each other to protect governmental objectivity. American law doesn't care how much you believe in Donald Trump, if he's guilty, he's guilty & that's all there is to it. Russian intervention plainly can't be compared to internal corruption such as the Watergate scandal with any amount of objectivity because now we're talking about two countries with completely different governments. This is supposed to be the "law & order" candidate in action, but a criminal is a criminal no matter what they say.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 8:25 pm

AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I wish I could watch the late night comedians like Stephen Colbert, but I can't. He's certainly a talented comedian, but he's stuck on a network that has a strict corporate-script to which he must adhere. Give me Lee Camp any day. Ohh, I know! He's on Redacted Tonight, that Russian propaganda network! Be afraid! Be very afraid, Russiagaters! The Russian agents are everywhere! Ha!

Uh huh. RT cannot be trusted. I don't believe Colbert says anything he doesn't want to.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! f**k, that was the best laugh I've had today! Thanks for that!

Seriously, though, have you ever watched any of the content on Redacted Tonight? They're exposing the s**t that corporate journalists can't. Why can't they? Because they are owned by a handful of corporations with ties to all the corporate interests that control our beloved government. You know, like the defense industry, the fossil fuel industry, Wall Street, etc.? You do understand this, right?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 8:31 pm

I don't believe for a second the truth has anything to do with who's broadcasting it.

Think for yourself instead of relying on hand-picked media outlets you trust exclusively to remind you to think for yourself.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 8:40 pm

cberg wrote:
I don't believe for a second the truth has anything to do with who's broadcasting it.

Think for yourself instead of relying on hand-picked media outlets you trust exclusively to remind you to think for yourself.

I do, and have thought for myself for a very long time. I stopped watching MSM because it was non-stop propaganda. I'm not saying that there might be a story here and there with some truth to it, but their hands are basically tied. They cannot bite the hand that feeds them. That's the major problem. The media is supposed to hold our government accountable for their actions; however, they can't because their paychecks are being written by the companies that control our government.

Don't tell me to think for myself, pal! I've spend well over a decade deprogramming myself from the constant propaganda Americans are fed 24/7. I'd advise you to do the same!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 8:41 pm

AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I wish I could watch the late night comedians like Stephen Colbert, but I can't. He's certainly a talented comedian, but he's stuck on a network that has a strict corporate-script to which he must adhere. Give me Lee Camp any day. Ohh, I know! He's on Redacted Tonight, that Russian propaganda network! Be afraid! Be very afraid, Russiagaters! The Russian agents are everywhere! Ha!

Uh huh. RT cannot be trusted. I don't believe Colbert says anything he doesn't want to.

It's literally Russian Government Television.

I also don't believe Stephen Colbert says anything he doesn't want to. He has a big enough loyal audience that if he wanted to, if he was feeling pressured by CBS to toe a line he didn't agree with, he could easily walk away and get another job hosting another show in a heartbeat. His popularity and the loyalty of his fans is his bargaining chip with CBS to be able to say only what he wishes to say on television.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 8:44 pm

^^That wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, "think for yourself", in & of itself, was cliché BS propaganda I'm sick of hearing from the likes of Rush Limbaugh & so on.

Point being there's a huge difference between thinking for oneself & being told to do so whilst food for said thought is being shoved down one's throat.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 8:47 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I also don't believe Stephen Colbert says anything he doesn't want to. He has a big enough loyal audience that if he wanted to, if he was feeling pressured by CBS to toe a line he didn't agree with, he could easily walk away and get another job hosting another show in a heartbeat. His popularity and the loyalty of his fans is his bargaining chip with CBS to be able to say only what he wishes to say on television.

Have you ever watched any content on RT? Just curious.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:06 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Nope, but I saw Michael Flynn lie about taking money from them in an interview. I don't watch Russian propaganda myself.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:19 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Nope, but I saw Michael Flynn lie about taking money from them in an interview. I don't watch Russian propaganda myself.

I figured you hadn't. Not really much for us to talk about until you actually do the research for yourself, I guess. It would be a total waste of my time.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:35 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I figured you hadn't. Not really much for us to talk about until you actually do the research for yourself, I guess. It would be a total waste of my time.

I did my research, I read about who is responsible for the network and who controls their content. I don't need to watch their propaganda to do that.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:46 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I did my research, I read about who is responsible for the network and who controls their content. I don't need to watch their propaganda to do that.

I love it! You have no problem with a network like MSNBC, and the propaganda they distribute, but you won't even investigate RT and make up your mind for yourself. That tickles me! Oh, Lord, that's hysterical!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:52 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I love it! You have no problem with a network like MSNBC, and the propaganda they distribute, but you won't even investigate RT and make up your mind for yourself. That tickles me!

I never said MSNBC was my only source or that I believe they are without their own bias (though I wouldn't call them "Pro-American propaganda" or however you would label their "agenda"), I said I investigated RT and in that investigation I learned who runs and controls RT. I find it odd that you can't see that as "thinking for myself". How would I be thinking for myself by watching their content rather than investigating who is creating that content and what kind of agenda they (*cough*Putin*cough*) might have?

I'm glad you're tickled though, if that makes you happy I'm glad to be the source.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:59 pm

if one likes our lies, one will positively love their lies.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 10:08 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I love it! You have no problem with a network like MSNBC, and the propaganda they distribute, but you won't even investigate RT and make up your mind for yourself. That tickles me!

I never said MSNBC was my only source or that I believe they are without their own bias (though I wouldn't call them "Pro-American propaganda" or however you would label their "agenda"), I said I investigated RT and in that investigation I learned who runs and controls RT. I find it odd that you can't see that as "thinking for myself". How would I be thinking for myself by watching their content rather than investigating who is creating that content and what kind of agenda they (*cough*Putin*cough*) might have?

I'm glad you're tickled though, if that makes you happy I'm glad to be the source.

Do you know who owns MSNBC? General Electric, which has defense contracts with the U.S, military. That's you'll never hear anti-war voice on there. Back in 2003 during the run-up to the Iraqi War, Phil Donahue had a program. Once he started voicing opposition to the invasion, he got the boot. So did Jessie Ventura, who had just signed a three-year contract with the network. Before he ever appeared, they bought out his contract. Why? Because he was also against the invasion?

You see where I'm going with this? All the MSM media in the U.S. is pro-war, pro-Wall Street, pro-business! But still going to believe what you hear there, I'm guessing. Alternative news sources will always be under attack because they are bringing Americans information that the oligarchs don't want them to hear. But I guess you don't want to investigate the content I'm talking about because you are so certain it can't be trusted. Why don't you actually check it out, then do your own research like I do. What have you got to lose?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 3:22 am

AspE wrote:
36 indictments
7 guilty pleas
100+ contacts

That's not what I would call falling apart.

Agreed. Yet more good work from the Mueller investigation.

Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 6:16 am

VegetableMan wrote:
blah blah blah

I insist you watch the propaganda that I watch! Actually watch the content so you get brainwashed like me!

I'm not going to watch RT bro. Let it go. I did my research, I have other sources for news.