Page 2 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 9:57 pm

AspE wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I heard it said that Game of Thrones is about an entire world run by Republicans.

As much as I hate the show I kinda feel like politics really does work like this. Everybody ruling the world is trying to sabotage each other over one big power struggle like animals in the wild.

Look on the bright side, mass annihilation would solve the global warming problem, at least for a little while.

And our planet would be so lifeless it would match every other planet in our lovely solar system! :star:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 10:04 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
AspE wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I heard it said that Game of Thrones is about an entire world run by Republicans.

As much as I hate the show I kinda feel like politics really does work like this. Everybody ruling the world is trying to sabotage each other over one big power struggle like animals in the wild.

Look on the bright side, mass annihilation would solve the global warming problem, at least for a little while.

And our planet would be so lifeless it would match every other planet in our lovely solar system! :star:

Lifeless except for that huge underground city prepared for the elite.

Last edited by EzraS on 01 Feb 2019, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 10:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
AspE wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Lifeless except for that huge underground city prepaid for the elite.

Who was it that first said "The rich won't be effected"?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 10:44 pm

How many times do I have to say it?:

“This is the way the world shall end,
Not with a bang, but a whimper.”—
T. S. Eliot

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Feb 2019, 3:41 am

Well said TS Eliot! Thanks Meistersinger, I think he had a point.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2019, 5:12 am

AspE wrote:
How is this not exactly what Russia wants?

Like the sanctions and expelling diplomats and killing Russian soldiers in Syria was exactly what Russia wants? What evidence do you have that it's what they want?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2019, 6:19 am

JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:

Like the sanctions and expelling diplomats and killing Russian soldiers in Syria was exactly what Russia wants? What evidence do you have that it's what they want?

US lifts sanctions on Putin ally's firms

We only killed several Russian contractors. More symbolic than anything. We've been careful not to confront the Russian military directly.

It looks like the start of a new cold war, and a new nuclear arms race. One that Putin started by building weapons that violated the treaty.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2019, 5:45 pm

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2019, 8:14 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:

We only killed several Russian contractors. More symbolic than anything. We've been careful not to confront the Russian military directly.

It looks like the start of a new cold war, and a new nuclear arms race. One that Putin started by building weapons that violated the treaty.

"We only killed several Russian contractors. More symbolic than anything."

That's the most sadistic and Nazi like statement I have read on this site.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2019, 8:18 pm

Also, let's stick to reality. NATO has been marching around Russia's borders even after the Cold War ended. The US is out of control.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 7:50 am

JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:

Whatever. We aren't killing Russians. We are avoiding them like they are made of anti-matter. What matters is that Trump doesn't know Russia is an adversary. He would not have sent troops and weapons to Syria, and that's wrong.

(Apologists for the alt-right don't get to call people Nazis.)

Last edited by AspE on 03 Feb 2019, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 7:50 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Also, let's stick to reality. NATO has been marching around Russia's borders even after the Cold War ended.

Yeah, that's their job.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 9:54 am

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:

Whatever. We aren't killing Russians. We are avoiding them like they are made of anti-matter. What matters is that Trump doesn't know Russia is an adversary. He would not have sent troops and weapons to Syria, and that's wrong.

(Apologists for the alt-right don't get to call people Nazis.)

The US allies have killed plenty of Russians. It would be insane to not avoid them. Trump was elected on better relations with Russia. That is only a positive thing to anyone who cares about peace and the world. The worst things he's done in Syria was to bomb the Syrian army and bases and for the US to shield ISIS.

You thinking you are left wing doesn't give you a pass to laugh off mass murder. Your claims are unfounded.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 9:55 am

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Also, let's stick to reality. NATO has been marching around Russia's borders even after the Cold War ended.

Yeah, that's their job.

It's not meant to be. It there to counter the Soviet Union, which imploded over 25 years ago.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 10:07 am

JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Yeah, that's their job.

It's not meant to be. It there to counter the Soviet Union, which imploded over 25 years ago.

Their weapons and expansionist desires still exist. Obviously. They annexed Ukraine. I believe Putin wants to rebuild the empire.

Good luck with that appeasement, Mr. Chamberlain, I'm not afraid of killing Russians if we have to. They are not our friends.

Edit: I really don't want to kill Russians. Russian soldiers are just as much victims of Putin as Alexander Litvinenko. But the human shield strategy on their part is protecting a sinister agenda.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 11:11 am

If Annexing Ukrane is as far as he's gotten in 20 years, completing the empire will take a really long time.